TOP 500 REVIEWERon 21 December 2012
I saw the documentary on Sky Arts about the making of duets II and it featured all the tracks being recorded. I was totally sold. These albums are so well crafted and all the accompanying artists have been chosen very well. You may rather cut your own toes off than listen to Lady Gaga under normal circumstances but in combination with Tony she just blows you away. That is the same for many of the other artists with Tony bringing something extra out of them.
on 17 June 2014
Though he still has a great voice, Bennett seems to have scraped these duet barrels to their limits.
Nowhere near as good as the first selection (American Classics) this smacks of both a frenzy by young hipsters to be attached to the coat tails of an old crooner & a tired exploitation by a record company to milk a golden egg.
A few tracks are, indeed very good, not least the haunting baritone of Josh Grohan on "This is all I ask"-also one of the better song selections & arrangements
on 21 July 2015
This is not what I expected at all. Only my opinion but was a bit slow and boring. For you it may be your kind of music but normally Tony is loud and bouncy and I kept waiting for it to get going. I ain't knocking Tony, it's the others that are fault. Only kidding folks.
on 22 May 2013
We first heard this CD on holiday in Hawaii, and liked it so much that we decided to buy it when we got home. It's very pleasant easy listening, and containd duets by Tony with many well known and not so well known female singers. Very nice.
on 31 October 2014
Box set of 2 x albums, all duets with well known singers.
Beautifully produced.
Tony Bennett's voice is "easy listening", the twist is the beautiful partnerships with his "Duettists"!
Good value price, too.
on 3 October 2012
These two CDs are fantastic. The choice of songs is superb and some of the guest artists work so well with Tony that these CDs are really well worth adding to any easy listening music lover's collection.
on 30 June 2012
What an album. All my Favourite songs, sung by the real deal original article, dueting with some people I didn't know could sing so well. Haven't stopped playing it since it arrived. Very Pleased.
on 26 December 2013
Both discs are excellent but duets 11 is outstanding the highlite for me being Tony and Lady Gaga. Did not know she could sing like that--WOW. Some really classic songs.
on 7 November 2013
Excellent cd!! Recommended. A really good selection of music. This is an amazing album - a 'must-have' collection of brilliant songs spanning the years of quality music
on 12 June 2015
Saw the TV program and loved the duets so bought the CD.. Both the original and Duets 11, Good value easy listening and great for playing in the car.