5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than me1 vs me2
Published on 8 Jan 2012 by Big Jim

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny meanderings
Richard suffers from Ocd and in a quite humorous form it's the most consistent feature of a struggling artist/procrastinating writer in a post modernist garret struggling with relationship breakdowns in London's gateway to the south.
Published 18 months ago by Mr

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than me1 vs me2, 8 Jan 2012
Big Jim "Big Jim" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bye Bye Balham (Warming Up Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Why oh why oh why did I buy this? Most of the stuff on here is available on Richard's blog isn't it? Well yes actually but it's the added extras that make this work. Little insights, comments and daft observations are all in place and are added to by the extra commentary. My only gripe would be that the font size is smaller than my usual one for some reason so I have had to adjust that, but otherwise for any RH fan this is really good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful stuff, 13 Mar 2012
Matt (Wrexham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bye Bye Balham (Warming Up Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Having been a great fan of 'TMWRNJ' and 'Fist of Fun' back in the 90's I have always vaguely maintained an interest in Richard Herring's comedy, including occasionally reading his blog, 'Warming Up'. Life being what it is though, I'd frequently forget about it and miss whole months and even years worth of entries.

It wasn't until the podcast version of 'Warming Up' came out that I started listening to every post religiously. Being an every single day for over 9 years thing it's amazing how consistantly funny and interesting the vast majority of entries are.

This Kindle version is great because it's much more convenient to casually read early entries than on the website, and while it may seem strange paying for something that is available for free, it's well worth the price considering how much entertainment he provides me for free with all the various podcasts.

The retrospective entries he's made for the book are a welcome addition too. The whole blog gives a fantastic insight into Richard's life and mind and he's not afraid to show vulnerability or appear an idiot, or show any other side of his personality. It all makes him seem incredibly human and I can't help but really like the guy.

Most importantly though this book is very funny. It's something that gets better and better the more of his blog you read/listen to and often has me chuckling to myself long after I've put it down. I hope he never stops writing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hightly Recommended!, 15 Jan 2009
J. HAW "Jon" (Lincoln) - See all my reviews
I have to admit, when I first heard about this book, I didn't hold out much hope that it would be any good. Simply re-printing 5 year old blog entries, all of which are available for free on Herring's website sounded like the ultimate lazy cash-in. However, I'm so glad I decided to buy it as it's turned out to be one of the most enjoyable books I've read in a long time. For a start, there's something undeniably more satisfying about reading the entries on the printed page rather than off a screen, and Richard Herring's observations on life, often prompted by a seemingly trivial event which happened to him that day and seen through his pedantic and knowingly childish eyes, are very funny and sometimes even thought-provoking. But Herring has also added real value with extensive footnotes detailing what was happening "behind the scenes", some of which was too personal and too painful to make public at the time. He also looks back at the behaviour and attitudes of his 35 year old self, with the honesty and wisdom only hindsight can bring, while acknowledging that, in another five years, his current behaviour will no doubt be subject to the same disapproval by his future self.

OK, I'm making it sound a bit heavy now - at heart, this is just a very funny book with plenty of laugh out loud moments. If you like Herring's brand of humour, you'll love this. If you've never heard of Herring, give it a try you idiot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value from the King of Edinburgh, 7 Jan 2012
Ray Blake (Hemel Hempstead, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Bye Bye Balham (Warming Up Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Richard Herring is almost certainly the most prolific man in British comedy today. In any given 24 hour period, he seems to produce 25 hours of material, most of it highly entertaining. He seems to have challenged himself by making things as hard as possible for himself, though, coming up with less- and less-promising concepts: a series of live shows all written and performed in a day, an audio podcast of snooker commentaries on his own games with himself, and now the attempt to get people to pay for content that is available for free on his website. Somehow he manages the alchemy of turning these dreadful ideas into comedy gold, and there's no reason why this shouldn't do well, too.

For those of us freeloaders who lap up everything the man throws out there for free, this is one of the few opportunities to show our appreciation financially. I'd buy this even if I didn't have a Kindle. Happily I have. If you've never come across Richard Herring's work, this is a great way to rectify that fault. Expect engaging and suprisingly honest writing that will cause you to laugh out loud.

4.0 out of 5 stars classic herring, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Bye Bye Balham (Warming Up Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
The discipline of forcing himself to write each day, published daily, pays off. This collection makes for a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Richard herring you are great, 18 Mar 2013
This review is from: Bye Bye Balham (Warming Up Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Amazing Richard herring is amongst the great comedy writers and performers this country has had. His output is prodigious and always fantastic. And he is much better than Stewart lee

I've also started a CNPS club do you want to join?

4.0 out of 5 stars Farewell Balham Hello Richard Herring, 28 Jan 2013
M. J. Fleming - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bye Bye Balham (Warming Up Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This book is a compilation of the first entries of Richard Herring's blog. I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in Richard Herring, Balham or Shepherd's Bush. Well worth a read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny meanderings, 18 Jan 2013
Mr - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Bye Bye Balham (Warming Up Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Love Richard Herring, came across him by accident when looking for a podcast to listen to in my car. He`s very funny and should be on TV more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny and Honest, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Bye Bye Balham (Warming Up Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A great collection of blogs for fans of Richard Herring. At points brutally honest and sometimes a little cringe-worthy. Can't wait to start volume 2.

Bye Bye Balham (Warming Up Book 1)
3.65