Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.79

on 3 June 2014
As usual Margaret tells a superb story. The characters she paints are so utterly believable. If you haven't already done so, do read Sons and Daughters - it tells the story of how Jenny came to be with the Thornton family. Fab books - hope Margaret follows on with with perhaps another sequel.
on 14 April 2012
I loved this story, no matter what other reviewers say. Worth reading. It also portrays how young people are often manipulated wrongly by their elders, and dare I say it, this includes family members. Still happens now. To me it's a must read book. Won't give the ending away.
on 25 July 2013
This is a book that you will not want to put down.The beginning already grabs your attention, as you read through the book you fall in the love with the characters and the plot eagerly wanting more. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it every minute, would definitely recommend it.
on 30 March 2012
this a great book ,i have recently started reading Margaret Dickinson books and after reading sons and daughters i wanted to read more the family so i was very found this book ,even though most of the first half was same as sons and daughters but from jennys perspective.
on 24 March 2013
I found the writing a little repetitive and at times got a bit irritated by the, what I found, pretty unbelievable characters. However, I gave this a 3* rating rather than 2* because I did actually want to find out what happened to the main character, so it couldn't have been all bad! I just found some of the description a bit twee and the 'good' characters were all good and the 'bad' characters all bad. Not very convincing. Not bad for a bit of light reading though.
on 29 March 2016
Well how I enjoyed reading this book a story that keeps you full of wonder what will happen and hope it works out for all how lucky she was to be looked after by such a fantastic family that helped her all through her own family wanted to forget she existed lucky for her read this book and also learn some history how hard it was to get on at that time how she was used but kept herself on straight and narrow
on 9 March 2015
Lovely book. I'd become stalled of reading due to a few books being a total let downs but this one has inspired me to read once again. It's a great storyline and is heartening and brutal at different points. I could picture the moody little waif right from the start of the book and actually felt hate towards her selfish slovenly horror of a so called mother.
on 14 June 2013
Loved this book from start to finish! I have just read Sons and Daughters and its great how this follows Jenny's story and continues past where the other left off. You can read this by itself, but I loved reading it as a sequel to the previous book. These are the first books I've read by Margaret Dickinson and I know they won't be the last!
on 1 April 2016
Lovely story so many true story lines to war time going on's Great family with a miracle of new baby life estate farms big house upstairs and downstairs but shared a family atmosphere which was nice Guessing throughout the story who Jenny was going to be happy with but all the time it had to be Georgi took him a while
on 25 May 2013
Miss N.A.H Burton Great book! Best for older children though. Fantastic for children learning about world war two in their towns local school. Margaret Dickinson is great when it comes to writing history books! I recommend this book to teachers when they're teaching about world war II .