5.0 out of 5 stars It works!
Published on 15 May 2012 by Cathy White

3.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet
These are good ideas to set you off in the right direction or help you find your feet and would recommend to those just starting out.
Published 3 months ago by LOUISA BLACK

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 15 May 2012
This review is from: How To Make 10 In Ten Minutes! (The Professional Writers Series) (Kindle Edition)
This book is brilliant. Short, concise but best of all, the guidance in it actually works. I read the book, went off to the supermarket and bought some of the magazines that were mentioned in it, sent off a few fillers, and a few weeks later got an email to say one of them was being published. The payment I'll receive will cover the cost of the book and the magazines many times over.

UPDATE:

Received another cheque for a filler sent at the same time as the one mentioned above.

5.0 out of 5 stars A useful gem for a writer of any stage, 2 April 2012
Mrs. R. L. Dove (wakefield) - See all my reviews
Being a writer myself and having made some great money from fillers, I was dubious that I would learn much, but my little pencil and notepad were smoking by the time I finished this guide. Linda Lewis is a pro and her ideas are straightforward and brilliant!

This book is ideal for a writer of any stage, this guide will no doubt come in useful. Linda is writing a whole series of these little books, I have already just bought her second one, Why Short Stories Get Rejected! I can't wait to read it either. These ebook guides are less than 99p - absolute bargain, you will make your money back ten fold.

I have to dash now, I have fillers and readers letters to write!

Rachel Dove

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 3 Jan 2013
Was a bit unsure when I first read this but thought I would give it a go. Am so glad I did as sent an email to a magazine yesterday, it was only a couple of sentences, and I received a phone call from the magazine today saying they wanted to use my letter and asked a few more details. They are sending me a cheque out today!! Am really pleased and it was so easy i would recommend this to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sensible and profitable advice, 4 July 2012
Linda Lewis has a proven track record when it comes to writing - her name appears in print as both a fiction and non-fiction writer.

Readers of magazines for writers will definitely know Linda and her words of good advice. This booklet contains more of those words. Earning 10 in ten minutes might sound impossible, but Linda is certain it can be done.

Research - reading the right magazines - is the key. Of course there's much more to it than that - but if I quote some of Linda's tips, you wouldn't need to buy the booklet.

Most, if not all, of her tips are obvious - but like all these things it sometimes needs a third party to point them out. There are no shocking revelations, just the nudges to get us all writing and possibly earning that tenner.

If you're new to writing, this booklet will certainly help you on your way - easing you into getting letters and fillers published - and maybe even earning you that first 10.

More experienced writers might possibly find it useful as a reminder of what opportunities are out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem, 15 Feb 2012
Having already been paid for nearly 100 letters and other fillers published in magazines, I doubted this book could teach me anything I didn't already know. I was wrong - and now I'm raring to go on those ideas for fillers that hadn't occurred to me before. Money well spent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and to the point, 24 Dec 2012
This is a great wee book which does what it tells you on the cover. Aimed mainly at writers, it offers advice on fillers, letters, tips and hints - all the small pieces used by so many magazines to fill its pages. Now I've read this I'm looking forward to putting Ms. Lewis's advice into practice.

3.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet, 3 April 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars More letters than fillers, 24 Mar 2014
It took me 15 minutes to read this through. I'm not complaining about the length. It only cost the price of an ice cream and that would take me a lot less time to finish.

The book is well written and if you want to learn the art of pretending to be an avid reader of any given publication and how to get paid for sending in written snippets of your real, or made-up life with accompanying photos then this is the book for you.

I, however, wanted information on how to write fillers, ie: small pieces of text that a magazine will use to fill a gap in a page with other, larger articles, and I felt that this book didn't cover that and concentrated instead on letters and other items sent in by "readers".

Yes, you'll get 25 for writing the star letter in a mag, but that's the letters page. What I wanted to learn about was suggested lengths, topics and submission procedures for tiny articles that pay a few quid...and I didn't get this.

I've given four stars because, although it wasn't suitable for my needs, the contents seem clear and informative and I'm sure if you follow the author's guidance, you will definitely make back more than the cost of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blimey - it works!, 4 Mar 2014
I was rather sceptical of whether you could actually make any money with this book, but I did! Using the suggestions in the book, I submitted a photograph to a magazine and was paid 25 for it - which more than covered the price of the book. Definitely worth a look!

5.0 out of 5 stars I made 50, 14 Jan 2014
I made 50 after reading this book. I sent tips to magazines and two of them accepted as as nd paid 25 each

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›