5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice little machine
This is a seriously nice little machine for light use. It is perfect for surfing the web and writing documents with something like OpenOffice. Installing Chrome will also improve the experience over Internet Explorer. The modern processor and 2GB of RAM really make a difference over lower specced netbooks, though of course a fully fledged notebook or laptop would have...
Published on 25 Feb 2012 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to spec!
After quite a lot of research,looking for a Netbook for use by my constantly travelling daughter,this Aspire 722 appeared to fit the bill. According to the Manufacturers description it is good for viewing YouTube,iPlayer etc.etc. and with an HDMI out for HD (should one ever want to watch HD on an external screen)and of course, wifi and portable with fair battery...
Published on 29 May 2012 by Sam Scanner

5.0 out of 5 stars The Search is Over, 19 May 2012
S. Nggada "Shaq" (Hull, UK) - See all my reviews
The screen size is exactly what I have been looking for. I did not want a 10.1" and not a 12" or over, I was looking for an in-between. This was the perfect choice. Although it is a notebook, its performance is great. The keyboard touch is appealing, the design of the notebook itself is appealing too. The whole family love it, great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars popular present, 5 May 2012
Acer Aspire One 722 11.6 inch Netbook - Black (AMD Dual-Core C-60 1GHz, RAM 2GB, HDD 320GB, LAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit)

WENT DOWN A TREAT WITH THE GRAND CHILDREN
SMALL EASY TO CARRY AROUND BUT DOES EVERYTHING THEY NEED TO DO

A PERFECT BACK UP TO MAIN COMPUTER AND ONE ANYBODY CAN USE

5.0 out of 5 stars Make a couple of mods and it's just awesome!!, 24 Jan 2014
I've had this netbook for quite a while and although it was a bit slow and underpowered it happily did the job I needed.. I decided to make a couple of changes and now it's an absolute beast!!, much faster and more powerful than I ever would have expected!, here's what I did..

1) Put 8GB of RAM in it. (It does actually take it quite happily with a 64bit OS)
2) Buy the largest battery you can find. (mine cost about 40 and reaches about 12 hours on a single charge, it does change the aesthetics a bit but I prefer it slightly raised at the back (like a keyboard rest))
3) Buy an SSD drive. (128GB drives are coming down in price dramatically these days and are so impressively quick you'll instantly be pleased)
4) Install Windows 8.1 Pro (or standard edition if you wish)

All these combined changed my slow netbook into a device which puts my expensive laptop to shame, everything works well and it boots up into a usable working machine in under 30 seconds!! (faster without a password).

You might say that for the money you can buy better but I got this netbook for just over 100, 100 (ish) of mods makes this little monster last all week for me on a single charge!!

I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good machine, 9 July 2012
I bought this as a travel computer for my wife so it's only getting occasional use. I must admit to being a bit nervous about buying a "netbook" though due to all the horror stories about slow speed and poor quality. However, I think for the price and the weight (portability being my main criterion) I'd say this was a pretty good buy.

On the plus side:

It's decently fast, but ONLY once you uninstall all the idiotic rubbish software that comes with it and slows it down. DEFINITELY remove the stupid McAfee anti-virus that chugs away in the background trying to sell, sorry, "protect" you from certain death and destruction once your "free" subscription runs out. Replace it with Windows Defender. I removed just about everything else too (some Norton backup cruft, pointless "Windows Live" flotsam, and various other useless rubbish).

The screen is nice and bright and clear. The keyboard is a bit plastic-y by it's OK.

On the down side:

The "multi-gesture" touchpad is annoying as you can trigger things like zoom by mistake. I think you can turn this off in a control panel maybe though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, 18 Jun 2012
JEANETTE "lucas107" (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
I have this Acer and it fab. Much better than I expected it to be.
Really responsive, nice clear screen and surprised that the small screen is so comfortable to watch TV catch up.
It comes with nearly all the software you can need for quick use or being on the move.
Only down side is the heat....it can get a bit to warm for my liking but does not stop me using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price - unbeatable!, 1 Jun 2012
Adie Barrett (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
I so nearly bought a standard black version of this netbook when suddenly this popped up. It was an unwanted return that went back out for sale again through Amazon's "Warehouse "Deals". It was as-is, no frills, just all items in a box (if not the original) and everything about it worked quickly and easily. The setting-up was simple, it is not loaded with bloatware its bigger cousins are often bogged down with and Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium rocks on such a small but reasonably-powered thing - who needs the weaker Atom processors when you can have a budget AMD one with some grunt?

For what I want it's bloody superb. Internet sets up in various locations like a breeze and once Chrome, free Libre Office and Audacity were installed I had everything I needed for being fully portable with 6 hours of battery life to go. The 11.6 inch screen is just about a perfect balance for portability and usefulness, plus I love how the contents of the screen play out via a HDMI cable onto my large LED tv. Just need a longer cable now to distance myself from it, but playing YouTube etc on a big screen is a nice-to-have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine (after a little housekeeping), 16 July 2012
Acer Aspire One 722 is a very competent NETBOOK which I`ve now had for 4 weeks.
The less than complimentary reviews I have seen on this and other sites seem to revolve round performance.
Comments like add a 100 pounds and buy a real Laptop are ridiculous, THIS IS A NETBOOK.
Bought this as an upgrade for my existing Acer Aspire One ZG8, in all tests the new machine outperforms the old one.
Comes with a proper version of Windows (7 Home Premium), have dual booted mine with Linux, all run well
When it arrives it is loaded with C***, trial version Mcafee Anti Virus, MS Office and various others.
When these are uninstalled and less resource hungry alternatives installed (Panda Cloud Free for instance) the whole package runs superbly.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this NETBOOK with the above proviso

5.0 out of 5 stars Its great and easy, 18 Jun 2012
This review is from: Acer Aspire One 722 11.6 inch Netbook - Red (AMD Dual-Core C-60 1GHz, RAM 2GB, HDD 320GB, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit) (Personal Computers)
Have had my netbook for a while now and love it.Its lovely and small lots better than my old laptop which was heavy this is so light and easy to take anywhere with you. Have not found any faults with it im no tecno expert so can not realy so if its speed or its storage is any good but for what i use it for its brill. The price for it was cheeper than my local comet that had it. Being a female its looks nice and fits well in my handbag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little machine, 17 Jun 2012
I wanted a small computer just to back up my desktop, and to use in another room as the old lappy was getting slow.Read all the reviews, went to several shops to actually see the machine.(Do like to see usually before I buy) and decided that the extra size screen was worth the little extra cost. So far I haven't been disappointed. Within 2 hours it was fired up,networked to the desktop, files transferred and the printer added. Clear screen and nice touch keyboard. I love my little 'toy' and hope to get a lot of use out of it. The only moan really as with lots of things these days. No Manual. I do like to peruse the ins and outs without having to go online. So far so good.

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality, 17 April 2012
Mr. P. K. Bonnick (wales) - See all my reviews
nice machine, good specs for small computer, key board easy to use,reasonable start up speed, the case has a very good finish on it, very light to carry around the home, good wi-fi response.