5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice little machine
Published on 25 Feb 2012 by H. Fraser

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to spec!
Published 22 months ago by Sam Scanner

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nice little machine, 25 Feb 2012
H. Fraser (London) - See all my reviews
This is a seriously nice little machine for light use. It is perfect for surfing the web and writing documents with something like OpenOffice. Installing Chrome will also improve the experience over Internet Explorer. The modern processor and 2GB of RAM really make a difference over lower specced netbooks, though of course a fully fledged notebook or laptop would have much more power. Instead of power, what you get is a light and slim machine that is easy to take around with you. The build quality is fine - but not ulta-solid - I wouldn't like to drop it or give it a knock - this isn't a brick. The keys are a little thin feeling, but they are light to touch, and I find them easy to use. The touchpad has mac-like gestures, which are nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Aspire One- Number One, 18 April 2012
R. W. Stevens "Sue Stevens" (Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
This is an ideal compromise between the smaller Netbooks and a full laptop. The slightly bigger screen is much easier to read than my previous 10" machine, and the performance from the AMD processor is also a big improvement over the Intel Atom. With a reasonable sized hard drive and 2Gig of RAM, at this price it's a real bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer Aspire One 722, 29 April 2012
Very pleased with this product overall. Size is fine compared to the smaller 10.1" screen size machines as it is still super portable, fits easily in a small backpack and is so light. The higher resolution screen you get with the 11.6" models really does make a difference though over the 10.1" and I am very glad I chose this size as word documents, photoshop and web pages are much more useable at this resolution.
The processing power of this machine is not massive, but it is running Photoshop 6 absolutely fine and it copes with the usual office applications and internet/email tasks easily. It also is excellent for streaming films as the screen is bright, sharp and the colour reproduction is excellent.
Battery life is also excellent averaging 6 hours plus.
The product seems solid in build and since lugging it around daily for a couple of weeks now I've seen nothing to be concerned with. The only issue I have is that the keys on the keyboard are a bit soft when in use - the typing action is mushy. Its hardly a big deal though and I'm used to it now. The trackpad is fine - responsive with well placed buttons.
Hard drive is huge for a portable and proper WIndows 7 is good too - better than starter edition.
All in all, a brilliant bit of kit that seems to do everything I want. Highly recommended.

*** 12 months down the line and it's still going strong after being lugged around all over the place. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with service & product.....1 week on, 27 April 2012
A very light solid machine Excellent., and the 11.6" screen just big enough for me. Keyboard light and easy. Now with WIN7 Premium although jumping from XP this will take some time to fully find all of its benefits/features. So far so good. Battery life is VERY very GOOD @ circa nearly 7 hours [normal useage]which makes a pleasant change from my previous machine..super.
Amazon + supplier Technoworld were very good ...Delivery time 2 days. Well done.
Unlike one of the adverts I saw whilst searching it DOES NOT have a dvd/player/writer..Impossible to fit! But a very small USB 16gb stick permanently fitted with Most of my Pics+a few Home videos on helps to have instant access to these files without using up the Acer's memory.,and have an instant picture show for Friends & Relatives etc. I also leave a 4gb SD card in the machine's card reader slot so as to be able to save files etc.---to deal with later on. Now complete with a 'Poundshop' mini led mouse ...all set up. Well pleased. I am NOT a Star-Ship' Captain and Retired.....These gadgets dont come easily to me but I hope this none 'Nerdy' report will help.Acer Aspire One 722 11.6 inch Netbook - Black (AMD Dual-Core C-60 1GHz, RAM 2GB, HDD 320GB, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB NETBOOK, 17 April 2012
Ms. R. Richardson (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I had a previous Acer laptop for 4 years which worked perfectly throughout but was getting rather slow. I went for this one because of the 2GB RAM compared to only 1GB for a lot of other models. The HDMI port was also an attraction. So far I've been absolutely delighted with the purchase - speed is fantastic, battery duration great and the machine looks really nice (I bought blue). The touch pad is a little too sensitive at times but possibly there are settings somewhere I can adjust for that. I would highly recommend this to anyone about to buy a new netbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Basically it cannot be faulted, 10 Jun 2012
I have had the 722 since Christmas and it has replaced a Powerbook totally.

While I much prefer Mac OS, Windows 7 has come a long way and now the 722 does everything I require from a Laptop.

The processor is speedy with no lag and if you uninstall Mcafee and replace it with MS Essentials the machine is like a little torpedo.

Used the HDMI Out for connection to my TV and it runs HD brilliantly plus it copes well with iTunes and links well to an Airport Express for wireless music playback through my Stereo.

Over the moon 6 months in as I never thought something such a bargain named 'Netbook' would cope with everything I throw at it.

Admittedly my demands maybe modest compared with many but it is a great little tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleak, light, versatile., 6 May 2012
I bought this for my daughter to use for her course work etc.. It really is a super little machine - it looks good, it's fast for it's spec, and it's very light and easily to carry about from room-to-room. What really swings it for me is the 1GHz dual-core processor and the 2Gb RAM - higher specs than you find on most (more expensive) netbooks - it really makes a difference when you have multiple programs open.

For those of you interested in using the HDMI ports (it has 2) to connect to your TV etc.., it handles most things fine, including BBC iplayer etc... however, it struggled sometimes playing 1080 HD movies ... but I think that's understandable! - lower res movies work fine. Another nice little touch is the location of the speakers under the machine at the front - gives great sound quality when listening to music or watching movies.

All-in-all, it's a super little machine - I'm seriously tempted to get one for my self - the only downsize? ... my chubby fingers cannot handle the small keyboards on these netbooks :(

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to spec!, 29 May 2012
After quite a lot of research,looking for a Netbook for use by my constantly travelling daughter,this Aspire 722 appeared to fit the bill. According to the Manufacturers description it is good for viewing YouTube,iPlayer etc.etc. and with an HDMI out for HD (should one ever want to watch HD on an external screen)and of course, wifi and portable with fair battery life,smallish dimensions and reasonable weight, the specification should have been more than adequate.
The first thing I noticed was a rather cheap feel to the keyboard,not something I had encountered in previous laptop/netbooks. Then,we had great difficulty connecting to wifi - reasonable when just a few feet from the router,but terrible in the next room where the connection kept dropping out and, when connected, did so at a very low signal strength with desperately slow loading.So,unreliable wifi connectivity...This despite perfectly acceptable results on my old Acer Aspire laptop in use next to it. It was impossible to load any HD streams,and even tho' the old laptop seemed to be functioning satisfactorily,I had a thought there might be a problem with the router's signal/strength. Taking the 722 home,I tried it with my own FTTC hi-speed broadband wifi((20+ MBps) and it still failed the HD tests,only running adequately in the lower resolutions. Also tried it with a LAN cable,still sluggish! Finally,even downloaded HD content ran jerkily.
A huge disappointment to my daughter (a failed birthday present!), and to myself, it was returned to Amazon. Great service from them,Thanks!- collected the following morning and refund in place four days later!
Our problem now is to find a good substitute - netbooks fast becoming obsolete,Ultrabooks and Apple too expensive,and tablets not suitable......
My 5-year old solidly built Acer laptop is still going strong,so what has happened to the brand?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product worth every penny., 22 Mar 2012
This review is from: Acer Aspire One 722 11.6 inch Netbook - Black (AMD Dual-Core C-60 1GHz, RAM 2GB, HDD 320GB, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit) (Personal Computers)
This is my 4th Acer Aspire, two have been passed on to my children and I still own two Acer netbook's. Things to note about this Netbook compared to the more standard 10.1" screen. In screen resolution it offers around 7% in data that can be viewed on screen as compared to the 10.1" version. In terms of screen size you get 10% more screen available due to the slightly larger screen. This is a dual core processor at 1.33GHz so if you are running programmes that run dual core you will have a much faster process time. Added benefits include the 2GB RAM, handy but essential I reckon. Nice screen it does really show up the graphics colours quite nicely. The Netbook is less bulky than standard 10.1 netbooks, subltle but noticeable and nice. Very pleased with product. If you can't decide between a 10.1" or this 11.6", spend the extra for the 11'6" model. Highly recomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer inspire one / 722 11.6, 20 May 2012
I bought this as a present for someone at uni and they are over the moon with it
ideal for taking notes, fast internet and big memory and very light

ARRAY(0xa3c21eac)