5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant follow up, a superb true Blue read!!
Published on 4 Jan 2008 by THE JOLLY MALTSTER

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time
Brought this along with the other chel book put together as a bundle really the same book but self indulgent crap about chel v arse waste of time if it tells us we had 20,ooo fans at the game it tells you 50 times
Published 20 months ago by Mr. B. A. Bloomfield

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant follow up, a superb true Blue read!!, 4 Jan 2008
This review is from: One Man Went to Mow (Hardcover)
I've been waiting for One Man Went to Mow to finally get published and I got my copy yesterday afternoon. Just finished reading it in two sittings, brilliant! If you've read Over Land and Sea, Mark's account of following Chelsea in Europe in the first Abramovich season, you'll know what to expect here as this is the follow up. Following the same format, but this time with many more photographs to illustrate the superb prose, One Man Went to Mow is the story of Mourinho's last full season at the Bridge and again is told from the perspective of attending the away games in Europe. As an extra bonus you get a quality insight into how the Gate 17 boys met back in the early 80s, check out the clobber and the haircuts in those early snaps. The way Mark writes about Peter Osgood, whose memorial service he attended, brought tears to my eyes. It's hardback, and hardback money, but trust me you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars BLUE FOR YOU FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR ARMCHAIR, 23 Jan 2008
This review is from: One Man Went to Mow (Hardcover)
If I had the money I'd follow Chelsea over land and sea, and Leicester as well for that matter. Thing is I don't, but I have enough cash to buy Mark Worrall's books about following Chelsea in Europe, and that's good enough for me. One Man Went to Mow picks up where Over Land and Sea left off. All the usual suspects are here and a few new ones besides. You feel like your at the games and the humour is second to none. Another installment in another couple of years please Mark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent follow up to Over Land and Sea, 20 Jan 2008
Tea Bar Terry (Tones Bar, North Cheam) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Man Went to Mow (Hardcover)
Another great piece of Chelsea football writing from the master of his craft. Great photos too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read., 2 July 2013
This review is from: ONE MAN WENT TO MOW (Kindle Edition)
Was a very good read, hope Mark Worrall carry on writing about following the super blues as miss going to the bridge myself since been living in Germany the last five years.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of time, 14 Nov 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read up the Chels !, 16 Aug 2012
This review is from: ONE MAN WENT TO MOW (Kindle Edition)
For any die hard Chelsea fans and Johnny come latelys this is a must read. I have spent the last ten years away from home in sunny Liverpool and had missed the banter with them other clubs in London . But Marco and the boys stories are a true reminder of what it is to be proper Chels . Glorious unpredictability will be my next tatto as that just sums up Chelsea . People won't understand unless they were at school when we were s#$t#. It was Liverpool, spurs , west ham and the arsenal . But we all knew one day our luck and fortune had to change and all that blind loyalty paid off. What an investment those early decades were from second division to European champions. You could not write it but Marco has a great talent for spotting what's important in a story and keeps you interested all the way through ! Well done to Marco and all the gate 17 posse can't compete with your commitment to the cause. Your books make me proud to be Chels and keep the blue flag flyin high ( even incognito in the kop ) can't wait for more books get writing and might see use away from home one day x

5.0 out of 5 stars football writing at it's very best, 16 April 2008
Janey Blue Knicks (Victoria London SW1) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Man Went to Mow (Hardcover)
Riveting follow up to Over Land and Sea. Worrall's Runyonesque style of writing is a pleasure to read. These are real people following a football team, it could be any football team but it happens to be Chelsea. The city to city travelogues are as illuminating as they are entertaining and the humour is second to none. If you support Chelsea this is unmissable, if you support another football team I guarantee you will still find it entertaining; my old mans a Gooner who'd read the first installment and snatched this off me when it dropped through the letterbox!

5.0 out of 5 stars Boy's own escapades with the famous CFC, 20 Mar 2008
Chelsea Girl (Balham, London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: One Man Went to Mow (Hardcover)
Okay okay I am a fan, in fact i've had a huge crush on Mr Worrall for a number of seasons and I have to say he looks very dapper on the front cover which is worth the money alone for the photo of the staffy with the celery sticks. As far as the writing goes, like the adverts the book does exactly what it says on the tin. If you love Chelsea you will love this book. If you follow Chelsea away in Europe you will relate to the content straight away. If you dont follow Chelsea away in Europe you will want to after reading this book. If you dont follow Chelsea you will warm to the humanistic way all the characters, and they are all real believe me, are brought to life by Mark's fluid and expressive style of writing. Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars The song remains the same.....tra,la,la, 10 Mar 2008
This review is from: One Man Went to Mow (Hardcover)
Spotted less and less off-manor these days, I thought that this mild-mannered mystery man was settling down now and moving out of the spotlight, much like his beloved Chelsea now that their short lived spell of success is over. But no, there's more.
Hopefully Uti will still be the star of the show and this will prove an enteraining read, even for those not of a Chels persuasion, but helps if you are...

ONE MAN WENT TO MOW