5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest gig I've ever seen!
Have seen Tom a few times and this latest offering is a ball achingly funny set! Had the pleasure of front row seats in Sheffield for this tour, did I laugh? I didn't stop laughing from start to finish :-)

Published 8 months ago by Trevor

3.0 out of 5 stars Love Tom Stade - but the DVD is not the best
I have been a massive fan of Tom for the last 2 years, been to several gigs , introduced friends to his material and he is the best Stand-up I have seen no doubt.

Routine:

However I feel his latest material is not as good as his earlier material, which is observationally cleverer and not so offensive. I'm no prude but I prefer punchlines that are...
Published 4 months ago by Jules

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest gig I've ever seen!, 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: Tom Stade - Live [DVD] (DVD)

All new material from Tom and he's taken a "different", "dark" direction from his usual stuff. If you're easily offended go and buy Michael McIntyre's DVD or still buy this and BE offended, after all being offended is only a feeling, it won't harm you, you won't end up in A and E and you won't need counselling (well, you might but you only live once).

Tom is one of the finest comedians I've ever seen (and I've seen loads), he's learnt his craft the hard way and stuck to his roots. I'm so glad he's settled in the UK as it's made it much easier to see him (I wish Mike Wilmot would do the same but I suppose we can't have all the best Canadian comics).

This DVD deserves to hit the top of the stand up charts, waging war on mainstream "sell out" comedy. Tom, you are a comedic soldier, a leader in your field and deserving of a heroes medal.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Tom Stade - Live [DVD] (DVD)
I've seen Tom live a few times and he gets funnier and funnier each show.
His way of interacting with the audience and turning normal thoughts and observations into something so hilarious is priceless! You will not regret buying his DVD and i hope there is another one in the future.
A naturally very funny guy ツ

5.0 out of 5 stars Crying with laughter, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: Tom Stade - Live [DVD] (DVD)
He is one of the funniest men about! Had me and my husband in fits of laughter will be looking out for him touring again

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Tom Stade Genius!!!!, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: Tom Stade - Live [DVD] (DVD)
By far the funniest DVD I've seen in years!! Saw Tom live in Blackburn at the beginning of the year and this guy just gets funnier and funnier...defo a must buy for christmas presents!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good DVD, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tom Stade - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Like many people I became aware of Tom Stade when he slayed the audience (and me) with his meat van routine on Michael McIntyre's Comedy Roadshow. I went to see him on his recent "...Totally Rocks" tour and was very impressed so was waiting with baited breath for this DVD release. The agony was only prolonged by the release date being pushed back about a month but it's here now, just in time for Xmas !

IMO Stade is at his best when on the subject of relationships and modern life. There is a fair helping of the former, a little bit of the latter in the form of his Argos routine, but I was disappointed that his Groupon routine was not on this DVD.

In many ways my ideal Tom Stade DVD would just be a recording of the night I saw him live as I feel that routine was stronger than this DVD - he should do that, like bands, where they record the gig then sell it to the crowd at the end. However, he should be applauded for not over-using material as there was material on the DVD not performed on the night I saw him live so that was fresh to me.

The set was filmed at the Bloomsbury Theatre, meat van is on this DVD and there is one extra called "Messing Around" which, IMO, really should have been omitted.

If you like Stade I'd say it's worth buying.

Kudos to Andrew and Margarite as well 

5.0 out of 5 stars A must watch., 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: Tom Stade - Live [DVD] (DVD)
This guy is a legend. I laughed from start to finish. Excellent DVD. If you can't see Tom live, buy the DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars funny as f***, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: Tom Stade - Live [DVD] (DVD)
this bloke is absolutely hilarious! get this dvd, laugh your head off then carry on with your life.

funniest comedian around at the moment (in my opinion).

5.0 out of 5 stars Tom Slade DVD, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Tom Stade - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Since seeing The Meat Van Guy sketch I fell in love with Tom Slades humour. The only thing that I would say is that watching him on the tv and listening to him on the radio I had not appreciated how much of his material had been edited. There is a lot of swearing on the dvd, which is a shame as I think his material would appeal to a far wider audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this man!, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Tom Stade - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Bought for my husband as a gift. We both love Tom Stade and have seen him live - great show and very funny man! This DVD is brilliant - some material we'd heard before but lots of new too - properly funny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tom Stade - Funny. Don't argue., 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Tom Stade - Live [DVD] (DVD)
Canadian rap-star Tom Stade, sorry...Canadian comedian Tom Stade is very funny. Sure, sometimes it veers into adult material, no harm in that. If I wanted PG comedy, then I'd be buying, well, I have no idea as I have no interest in PG material. I like Tom, heard him getting name-checked by Jim Jefferies several years back on a podcast so I bought his 'Blue album: Live at the Comedy Store'. Which is pretty damn fine. Can't say that I've watched him on that, uh, Comedy Vehicle show on BBC, which is a great platform for comedians but it's also mostly for an audience that will laugh at the weakest of punchlines (oh TV, you fickle mistress)...my point is this: Tom Stade is a very funny comedian. Shocking? Only if you're easily shocked. Just buy it. It's funny. He's funny. And a couple of things did resonate. Eerily so.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›