4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and entertaining
I really enjoyed reading this novel, It is entertaining and I was really interested in seeing what happend the Halldorr. So much so, that I purchased books 2 & 3 as I started the last chapter of book 1. In all the Norsman Chronicles are well worth the Kindle price, and would be keen the read other novels along the same lines by Jason Born.
Published 20 months ago by Sue Ann

3.0 out of 5 stars Mostly enjoyable.
Storyline is good and well researched but I found the writing style a bit odd with too many short sentences. Since I am not American I also found the nuances out of place, describing medieval distances as "a few blocks" and the constant use of the word "ass" jarred against my visual image of a Norse saga.
However the characters are involving and the...
Published 8 days ago by Marvin

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and entertaining, 22 May 2013
Sue Ann (Liverpool, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Norseman (The Norseman Chronicles Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars Mostly enjoyable., 17 Jan. 2015
However the characters are involving and the writing improves (for me) in the subsequent novels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 5 July 2014
I will recommend to everyone especially those who seek to learn more about history..events and lives of the Vikings or horsemen and their adventures

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 July 2014
A great read, fast paced and very detailed. Battles are terrific and engage very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 6 Jun. 2014
When I read at the introduction that the author was inspired by Bernard Cornwell I looked forward to starting this book. I was not disappointed with the beginning of this trilogy. After being unfairly accused and banished our hero starts on the life of an adventurer gaining a wealth and reputation along the way. After sweeping all before them away and wander into a trap and lucky escape with lives if not their egos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 26 May 2014
Really enjoyed this book. The author had clearly done a lot of research on the subject and then created a tale of likeable characters and brought it all to life.

I am now looking to buy the next books in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Historical tale well told, 16 May 2014
A very good story well told the battle scenes were well described and not overly graphic but bloody enough to fit the period was easy to become immersed in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars gripping, 2 May 2014
An excellent tale of Norse history. Thoroughly enjoyed this novel and look forward to the next.
Thank you, Jason Born.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 27 April 2014
It has a familiar feel at the beginning but enjoyable, I will look to read the next volume when purchased ,easy read

5.0 out of 5 stars The Norseman, 26 April 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it's refreshing characters and well plotted story line. I have read a few of these novels and this one made me laugh and cry for the main character. Well worth reading.