on 17 June 2012
Rebuilt my Antec cased computer with Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 motherboard which has USB3 header to plug a front panel into. This Uspeed USB3 2-port front panel was fitted in place of a multi port panel which I was not entirely happy with. I now have just the 2 ports (of this Uspeed panel) showing on the front of my computer. Looks so neat and unfussy. All my USB drives now plug into this panel giving good speed increase for my USB3 drives, especially my Kingston Mobilite G3 USB3/SD card reader, my Buffalo USB3 MiniStation and very good sound from my Grado SR80 headphones plugged into a USB3/3.5mm adapter, I'm sure also that there is a speed increase when transfering files from my Panasonic TM900, but this just might be an illusion! I recommend this Uspeed unit for the speed increase and money well spent.
on 8 June 2013
I chose carefully before buying as I could have got a similar one from Hong Kong or China, on Ebay. But I looked at the construction of them and they appeared flimsy compared to the Anker one. I then considered price. The ones on Ebay were cheaper, but then you factor in the postage and there is very little difference. Finally I looked at how long it would take to arrive, 3-5 weeks from the far east, or about 3 days max from Anker. So it was really no contest. When it arrived I was not let down. Firstly it arrived on time, secondly it is very well made and I was happy with that. O was even more happy when I fitted into my computer, Windows picked it up, installed the drivers and I was up and running. Well done Anker for an excellent product and excellent service.
on 15 February 2015
I bought and successfully fitted the Anker AI220 2-Port front panel USB3.0 hub so that I have easier access to the new USB 3.0 functionality which I gained by fitting the Inateck USB 3.0 PCI card (qv). Unfortunately, I could only get screws into one side of the hub on my computer, but it seems sturdy enough.
I did have initial concerns that the speed obtained from the new hub was not as fast as the ports on the PCI card. Indeed, it did not even seem as fast as that obtained from the existing USB 2.0 ports. However, Anker support were very helpful in responding to my query and further testing showed that the initial tests must have been spurious as the speed really was as quick.
I can, therefore, recommend this product - even for novices like myself!
on 6 November 2013
I was getting a bit fed up with having to root round the back of my PC each time I wanted to plug in a USB3 device so bought and installed this little device.

No trouble to install, apart from the leads being a bit too long for me, and it Windows 7 (64bit) discovered it straight away and installed whatever drivers were necessary (if any).

Not quite as fast as the back built in USB 3 ports but at 80-100 Mb/sec a great improvement over USB 2.

Very happy with it.

It was also delivered very speedily.

EDIT: Not quite sure what other people mean when they say it is not USB 2 compatible as both USB 2 and USB 3 devices work perfectly although, obviously, only USB3 devices will work at the higher speeds.
on 4 July 2015
Okay, nice box and all. But who ever thought it a good idea to paint the screws and inside the receiving screw threads has never used their own product before. I had to resort to tapping new threads into the black paint filled screw holes and replacing the screws with chassis screws because the one supplied were next to useless as their threads were covered in baked on paint. A word of warning when you come to plug this into the back of the USB 3.0 2-port express card - once in it doesn't like to be pulled back out! There's no visible method of release on the plug, so don't plug in until you have threaded the dangling connector all the way through your PC. It might seem too short at first, but it is long enough.
on 15 February 2015
Quality product, easy fit and blindingly fast!
This has got to be one of the best ways to bring that old virtually redundant 3.5inch floppy hole in the front of your case back into use. I had previously inserted a multi card reader into the slot but had many fail so have upgraded to a Lexar Pro USB 3 Card reader (External) plugged into a USB 3 socket in the back of the PC so now I have two very useful USB 3 ports on the front of the case, perfect for using with any USB device (USB 2 or 3).
I have a USB 3 port on the motherboard and the cable on this unit is ample in length to reach (You will need a mobo with a USB 3.0 socket or alternatively a suitable device providing a USB 3.0 socket)
on 9 September 2013
If your computer has an unused 3.5 or 5.25 drive bay and you have a vacant USB 3.0 header on your motherboard then this is a quick and easy job that's well worth doing.

Just install the front panel into the computer case drive bay (I needed a separate 3.5 inch to 5.25 bay adapter from Amazon) and then plug the connector that's on the end of the cable into the header on the motherboard. (This will only fit into the correct header, and it will only go in the right way round.) The end result is two very handy high-speed 3.0 USB ports right where I need them.

Thank you AnkerDirect for supplying this excellent and useful product.
on 20 October 2015
Didn't work for me. For whatever reason, the drivers didn't install properly and were not recognised by Windows so I was unable to use either my USB 2.0 or 3.0 devices. I did everything right and fitted in the USB 3.0 cable into my Mobo which had the requisite socket, but still no joy.
I'm sending it back and hopefully it'll work this time.
UPDATE:
I sent it back and Anker got back to me expressing their regret and gave me the refund.
They then sent me a new model free of charge. I installed it and it works flawlessly.
I've never come across such generous customer care.
10/10 for Anker. They have one more satisfied customer in me.
review image
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 July 2014
This is a review and installation guide for the 2 port USB 3.0 Front Panel HUB from Inateck! Which requires the 19 pin USB 3.0 connector on system board or PCI Express card connector! This is a great product if you have a spear USB 3.0 connector present on the systems board of your computer, it's also an excellent way to add more USB 3.0 ports to the front of your computer, if you have a spare floppy disk bay or front mounting 3.5 hard drive bay!
The installation of this USB 3.0 HUB is relatively straightforward you install the product from the front of your computer insert the screws, and plug in the USB 3.0 19 pin connector into your systems board and you're done! I have been using this product for the past few months and it works flawlessly, but Note that some USB 2.0 products and devices are not backward compatible with USB 3.0 ports, so just be aware of this! And this is true of all USB 2.0 built devices some are compatible with USB 3.0 ports and some are not.
This USB 3.0 Front panel Hub works at the speed of whatever device you plug in to it and it looks very well on the front of the computer also! If you need USB 3.0 capability on your computer and it does not have the USB 3.0 connector on the systems board you can install a PCI express card that will have a USB 3.0 connector present, here is the link to that product. Inateck Superspeed 4 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card - Interface USB 3.0 4-Port Express Card Desktop with 15 pin SATA Power Connector, [ Include with A 4pin to 2x15pin Cable + A 15pin to 2x 15pin SATA Y-Cable ]
In my opinion anyone that needs a front panel USB 3.0 hub on the front of their computers then this product will be a good decision! Sturdy and is compatible with the usual devices that you would plug into USB 3.0 Ports and it's also at a great price! Watch the installation video and review for more detailed.
on 4 May 2015
Mounted into an Aerocool DS (cube) case. Fitted fine but the cable was not really long enough to go the Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0 PCI-e card without a very tight stretch across the inside of the case and across the motherboard, so this panel is directly attached to the 20 pin usb3 header on my Gigabyte motherboard. And the case usb3 are now attached to PCI-E to USB 3.0 PCI-e card - not exactly as I had intended.
(N.B. I chose not to use an Anker Uspeed PCI-E to USB 3.0 card because of the VIA chipset and the potential of a conflict with my nVidea graphics card. There are a number of comments about that issue.)