5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, and extremely useful!
This card reader is brilliant.
It does what it says on the tin, and provides 3.0 speeds for microSD and SD cards.
Published on 26 Oct. 2012 by TotallydubbedHD

The card reader is poorly clipped together, i've had 2, both the same, I had to glue the locking pegs to make it feel solid. It works OK, but the computers I have worked on, won't see it as a bootable USB device, so if you want to boot an operating system to install, I would go for the Integral, they work fine.
Published on 12 Mar. 2013 by MrL

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, and extremely useful!, 26 Oct. 2012
TotallydubbedHD "Tech Reviewer" (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Uspeed USB 3.0 Card Reader 8-in-1 for SDXC, SDHC, SD, MMC, RS-MMC, Micro SDXC, Micro SD, Micro SDHC Card [Support UHS-I Cards]
This card reader is brilliant.
I tested this quite extensively with various testing programs, and when connected via 3.0 on my Fractal R4 Define case, which in turn is hooked up to my Asus Z77 Sabertooth, I say an average increase of around 3-5 MB/s increase in both the read and write speeds to my Samsung class 10 extreme micro SD card, which I normally have inside my Samsung Galaxy S 3.

The USB adapter is well made, with caps on both ends (for the USB connection & SD slots). It also is super light, meaning it is quite portable, which is its main purpose. It also isn't flimsy and is solid.

I've already made use for it, when transferring files faster from my PC to my MicroSD card and it has proven to be very useful.
I have to say this is compatible with 2.0 slots too, however the speeds aren't as fast (obviously), in comparison to being plugged in a 3.0 slot.

Overall, I'm happy with the product, and truly suggest it to anyone looking for something cheap yet worthy of a USB 3.0 certificate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product., 2 Feb. 2014
I bought this USB card reader after my last one failed and started to show artifacts in the images and this one takes advantage of the higher speed USB 3 that my computer has.

It is very small and lightweight which will be fantastic to take on holiday with me to transfer my holiday snaps onto my tablet from my cards, there is a discreet red light when the reader is plugged in which is not blindingly bright like my old readers blue one!

There are protective caps for both the ends which I have not managed to lose yet but I probably will at some point, however they are a welcome bonus for when you just toss it in your bag you don't have to worry about debris getting into the electronic parts.

The reader itself works fantastic with the variety of SDHC cards that I own from different companies.

Overall I would not hesitate to recommend this to anyone in search of a new SD reader that wants a good quality product!

2.0 out of 5 stars Uspeed USB 3.0 Card Reader 8-in-1 for SDXC, SDHC, SD, MMC, RS-MMC..., 12 Mar. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast & Reliable, 15 Sept. 2013
This is the first USB card reader I have had that just works, no fuss, no compatibility issues, unfortunately it's not the first USB card reader I'v ever purchased.
100% recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars So simple to use., 6 Feb. 2013
I recently purchased this item through Amazon and firstly I would like to thank the vendor as my parcel arrived quickly after I made the purchase. It was just so easy to use and I was able to insert my micro SD card from my Samsung Galaxy S111, plug straight into a USB port on my PC and swifly upload all the content from the card - no need for a micro card adapter. No more having to download anything to help with the uploading just plug and play! Will be carrying out a similar exercise with my camera SD card. Fantastic! Now all I have to do is remember where I put it for next time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and reliable, 27 Mar. 2014
Mr. S. Edwards (Newbury, UK) - See all my reviews
This appears to be a slightly bulky converter, until you realise that there are actually two slots in this casing. One for full size SD cards and one for micro SD cards. The smaller slot is realy easy to overlook.

Fed from a USB3 port this adaptor will run at the maximum speed of each of my memory cards. Even the SDXC UHC-1 cards at 30+mbps read speeds. The actual speeds are determined by the cards, not the adaptor.

I now have two of these and carry one with me everywhere I take my video and stills camera.

I recommend them to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 8 April 2013
I bought this as a replacement to my old Sandisk MicroMate because I found myself frequently needing to use microSD cards along with regular SD cards.

The product works well (no speed issues found yet), looks good and it's well priced.

The only minor thing which would make it better is if the LED on it blinked when there was activity.

Works out of the box on Linux.

Awesomely, you can put an SD card in the device and then place the plastic cap back on while the card is in the slot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good item, does exactly what I wanted, 15 May 2013
M. Bukhari - See all my reviews
Having bought a new D-SLR, I needed a memory card and a way to transfer the photos from the card to my PC. Because I purchased one of the 64GB SDXC cards, my existing card reader definitely needed updating.

This card reader does everything I wanted from it and more. As a note, what wasn't made obvious in the product description is that you can simultaneously insert a SD card and microSD card at the same time, which is a huge bonus for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and fast, 17 Jan. 2013
R. Mattock (Beverley, England) - See all my reviews
Not really a lot to say about this as it does exactly what you would expect. I have a USB 3 port on my laptop and the speed is much greater than when I use it on my desktop with USB 2. One great advantage is that you do not need an adapter for microSD which has come in handy with my phone. The only caveat is the width, be aware that is space is tight then this will probably not fit. Certainly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and solid, 27 Mar. 2014
Great small product. I use it mostly when copying pictures from my stills camera to my pc. I just take the memory card out of the camera and place it inside the Card Reader and place the reader in my USB3 port. That way I am able to copy the pictures (most of them large RAW files) much faster to my pc to the place where I want them to be instead of using the cameras software and slower USB2 port. Great!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›