4.0 out of 5 stars LACUNA COIL - DARK ADRENALINE
Published on 23 Jan 2012 by nin/ja77

2.0 out of 5 stars Stupid DVD
tHE ALBUM IS VERY GOOD,BUT THE BONUS dvd is rubbish. Instead of some video clips they made this idiotic film.Why????? Who really cares? If I new ,I would have only bought the cd.
Published on 23 Feb 2012 by Mr. George S.

4.0 out of 5 stars LACUNA COIL - DARK ADRENALINE, 23 Jan 2012
This review is from: Dark Adrenaline (Audio CD)
Lacuna Coil return with album number 6 "Dark Adrenaline" which see's the band return to their heavier root's after their last album the mellower "Shallow Life" which was met with luke warm reviews from both fans and critics. Many long time fans missed the heavier sound the band had developed especially on albums such as "Comalies" and "Unleashed Memories". There is no lack of heavy riffs on "Dark Adrenaline".

The signs were good when the first single "Trip The Darkness" was released as it contains some heavy guitars and great vocal interplay between vocalists Cristina Scabbia and Andrea Ferro. On the track "Kill The Light" which starts out slow before giving away to a heavy riff, it's a song full of hooks. Elsewhere there is "Give Me Something More" which is a song full of melody. Any doubt that Lacuna Coil weren't going to break out heavy riffs are put to bed by the time you reach the 7th song the brilliant "I Don't believe In Tomorrow" which has Lacuna Coil almost sounding like Korn with down-tuned guitars it's both dark and a heavy song, it also features a great breakdown at the 2.40 mark that has Scabbia singing "I Avenge You" over and over.

The songs "Against You", "Upside Down" and "The Army Inside" are all songs that will have Lacuna Coil fan's rejoicing that the band have embraced their heavier side once again, there's even few guitar solos thrown in for good measure. There is also the epic album closer "My Spirit" which at nearly six minutes long closes out the album in style. Not everything works such as the cover version of REM's "Losing My Religion" which just sounds out of place on the album and is a far cry from the cover version of Depeche Mode's "Enjoy The Silence" from "Karmacode".

With "Dark Adrenaline" lacuna Coil have embraced their dark side again with an album full of dark melodies and heavy sounding riffs, the linkup between Scabbia and Ferro hasn't sounded this good in a while, with both vocalists playing to their strengths. Lacuna Coil has hit their stride again with "Dark Adrenaline".

5.0 out of 5 stars Some of the best (dark) adrenaline you can buy, 25 Feb 2013
Rebecca Pitts (Wiltshire, England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dark Adrenaline [+Digital Booklet] (MP3 Download)
I haven't aggressively listened to many bands with a female vocalist, perhaps with the exception of Evanescence whose 'Fallen' album in particular was simply stunning. After looking around for something a bit heavier to listen to, I decided to look for some more bands with a female vocalist and came across Lacuna Coil. I listened to all the previews of the albums they have done and decided that 'Dark Adrenaline' sounded like their strongest - for me it's heaven. It's heavier than Evanescence, obviously, but this is a good thing. Scabbia and Ferro's voices compliment each other perfectly, and the band certainly benefits from having two vocalists. The lyrics are interesting and not at all repetitive or simple, and on my first listen I already found some of them (particularly the fantastic album opener, 'Trip The Darkness') sticking in my head. The instrumentals are heart-poundingly aggressive, intoxicating, and certainly make me feel like I'm on dark adrenaline!

Put simply, it's mind-blowing stuff for someone like me who is starting to experiment and branch out with music. I've always loved rock and some metal, and Lacuna Coil are top of my list for bands to follow in future. 'Dark Adrenaline' itself is beautiful and there is just not a dull moment. I don't want to skip a song because it's all unique and engaging, something that nowadays is rare in music.

5/5 from me. I will be buying some more of their earlier works soon, including Karmacode [Explicit] and Comalies [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST ALBUM TO DATE!, 10 Feb 2012
This review is from: Dark Adrenaline (Audio CD)
One of the other reviews hit the nail on the head when they said that lc have taken the best aspects of all their previous albums and thrown them all into one on dark adrenalin. Recipe idea; take unleashed memories, add a pinch of shallow life, a large spoonfull of karma, a hint of coma, add EPS, and you have the perfect dish!
Where lacuna are so strong is with their melodies and sheer emotion, the whole album just washes over you, similar to EPS here!
Stand out tracks for me were my spirit, the army inside, intoxicated, and kill the light, ..but that would be to imply some mediocre tracks, there aren't any!! i just think different tracks will mean something to different people. I'm just going to put this out there... i lovvvved losing my religion!! They took what for me was a good but "poppy" sing a long song which i probably would never have bought, into a complete metal anthem!
Dark adrenalin for me is one of the most imaginatively composed metal offerings of recent years, and is totaly addictive!
buy, enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must admit, I am completely sold., 12 Feb 2012
This review is from: Dark Adrenaline (Audio CD)
Amazingly, I heard one of the tracks of this latest album on Radio 2 this evening.
Yes, I bought this album on that one track, that is how much confidence I had that this album would be outstanding.

I'm not disappointed either, this album is great. Not a single weak link on the album, the cover version of Losing My Religion is just brilliant, there isn't really much else to say on it.

In fact, the only complaint I do have (and I'm really nitpicking now) is that the tracks aren't long enough. The songs are so good, I don't really want them to end.

So, in conclusion, totally sold.

4.0 out of 5 stars Treat yourself. Go on., 17 Mar 2012
This review is from: Dark Adrenaline (Audio CD)
New to this. New to Lacuna Coil. Most of the reviewers seem to be fans. To be fair I can see (well hear) why. I caught "Trip the Darkness" on Music Television a couple of weeks ago. It was record of the week and so played quite often. If the ploy was to make me buy it worked. The interplay of the lead female and male leads are superb. As are the rock tunes they accompany. Currently the most played music on my iPod. For once the italian influence in my life doesn't stop at Pizza!

5.0 out of 5 stars Who are Lacuna Coil?, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Dark Adrenaline [+Digital Booklet] (MP3 Download)
One of the best Goth Rock bands about. Really top notch album. If you enjoy Evenescence and Nightwish I personally found them to be a great mix of the two. Female vocals are amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Dark Adrenaline (Audio CD)
Love Lacuna Coil! Fantastic album and brilliant extras too!! Definitely a must have if you like Lacuna Coil! Rock On!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good album, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Dark Adrenaline (Audio CD)
Easy listening and great for those long journeys, it helps to pass the time. Would recommend for any lacuna coil fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Album Rocks, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Dark Adrenaline (Audio CD)
Great album would recommend to anyone who loves great music
Cover version of losing my religion is so good.

Buy it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 29 July 2013
John Milnes (Wakefield, West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dark Adrenaline (Audio CD)
Thank you for this great product, I have always enjoyed their music, it was a relief to finally have a new album from this group.