Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.19

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on 25 October 2008
Well, here it is - my 'magnum opus'!
After waiting what seemed like an age, the book was finally returned from the printers and straight onto Amazon. It's been a real labour of love, and I'm pleased to say that I am very pleased and proud of the way that it has turned out.
So what do you get for your money? The card cover front and back is covered with coloured cards and the 36 glossy pages inside are filled with 147 cigarette and trade cards and stickers depicting players of Huddersfield Town from 1910 to 2007. Starting with the Copes 'Clips' of 1910 featuring early team captain Bartlett and ending with recent captain Jon Worthington the reader is treated to a vast array of b&w, sepia and coloured cards. I have tried to avoid showing the same players as each card used has a mini-biography of the player, citing Town playing career, goals and any honours gained whilst on Town's books. I have also added extra little comments about the cards themselves, especially the rarer and more expensive ones.
OK, I know there are one or two small factual errors - Derek Parkin was a right-back, not a left-back - but overall I think it's a smashing little book and well worth the price, and is deserving of a place on any Town fan's bookshelf.
As a special deal for Amazon buyers I have reduced the price significantly, so grab one now!
on 17 March 2014
i purchased this book for my dad who is a long time football supporter.He remembers watching a lot of the players pictured inside, and it brought back great memories for him.