4.0 out of 5 stars Henge Bluetooth keyboard and trackpad enclosure
The dock works well but the trackpad enclosure did not fit well which caused the trackpad to jam and as a result had to be made bigger using sandpaper. Once this was achieved the keyboard and trackpad worked well
Published on 22 Jun 2012 by Pip

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed
I have recently started using my HD TV as a monitor for my Macbook pro and so needed a way to control it remotely from the sofa. I bought a brand new wireless keyboard and magic trackpad from the apple store and so the clique seemed like the perfect solution for using them on my lap without losing functionality.

The clique arrived quickly and, apart from being...
Published 21 months ago by fiftyten

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, 26 Sep 2012
This review is from: Apple Magic TrackPad & Wireless Keyboard Clique Dock system by Henge Docks (Accessory)

The clique arrived quickly and, apart from being astonished that Henge Docks had the audacity to charge 25 for what is essentially a small plastic tray, I was eager to install my components and get going.

The trackpad slid in with no problem whatsoever and, although fairly cheap-feeling, the on/off button seemed to work. However, when I came to try and insert the keyboard, I found that the cavity designed to house it was over 1mm too narrow. After persisting for a while, I gave up and was left with scratches and flakes of plastic from the poorly finished shell on the edges of my brand new keyboard - NOT HAPPY.

I will definitely be sending this product back. I'm not sure if the fault is due to a change in the dimensions of the Apple wireless keyboard since the Clique's launch (I'm not aware of any recent changes in the product), or just simply bad manufacture - after inspecting the product closer, I suspect the latter. The clique is just not a good quality product. Looking closely, seams and imperfections are visible on the interior of the shell and the buttons and rubber feet feel and look cheap.

If Henge Docks are willing to charge this price for the clique, the least they could do is spend some money on good manufacture and more accurate tolerances in the dimensions.

I am very disappointed with this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Should be less problematic at this price, 6 Jan 2013
This item arrived yesterday. I had high expectations as a result of the price being steep for a completely plastic item. However I'm sure it's priced according to the convenience it gives, its uniqueness (and only from one supplier) and the fact that it's for Apple Mac customers who have already accepted paying a high price for personal computer related items. The keyboard fitting is perfect. The trackpad fits tightly but despite many attempts, it got stuck in the "clicked" position every time I clicked the trackpad so it had to be removed before being able to click it again. I found that there were two protruding corners in the bottom corners of the holder and these stopped the upper layer of the pad from returning to the "unclicked" position. Rather than return it, I filed these two corners down (quite aggressively) until it held the trackpad correctly. Were it to be nearer 15, this wouldn't have bothered me but I expect more for 25.

Having just gone back to read other reviews, I've noticed others have the same issue. Henge Docks - whoever you are - you should take note of the feedback and take corrective action. A little disappointing that you had such feedback in April 2012 and you're still selling the same problematic product in Jan 2013.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother!, 13 Dec 2013
This dock is a great idea, but quality control is severely lacking, and it seems very expensive for a piece of plastic. I have had the same experience as most of the negative reviews and I wished I had returned it straight away, but now it gathers dust on the shelf. I did contact the manufacturer about the trackpad click-sticking problem, but their fix did not work. I might get around to chiseling/sanding/cutting more of the offending plastic off one day, but why should I have too at this price? Hopefully Henge will produce a more failsafe version in future.

Finally, take care as some of the 4 and 5 star reviewers have only ever written one review on Amazon... at least within the last six months.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish - prevents the click function, 10 July 2013
Pm Bagguley (UK) - See all my reviews
Whilst the keyboard and trackpad fitted well and the appearance was adequate (slightly cheap looking) the dock prevented the 'click function' working on the trackpad. This is (apparently) due to interference with the feet which provide this function. Putting it on a hard surface didn't work either. Returned as useless.

3.0 out of 5 stars Clique magic - didn't quite click!, 30 April 2012
I nearly returned this item because it is engineered to such tight tolerances that the trackpad would not click. Not having seen any other buyers having this problem, I persisted and tried several times. Eventually, I discovered the source of the problem. When I tried sliding in the track pad on its own - and leaving the keyboard to one side - the TrackPad worked fine. But as soon as I inserted the keyboard the pressure squeezed the TrackPad so it was not free to click, though it was fine for 'touch' (i.e. siding fingers to move the cursor or scroll a document.)
I discovered the plastic frame was tighter around the TrackPad on both sides (left/right) at the bottom third of the frame. I took a chance and used a craft knife to very carefully scrape or shave off the plastic on the inside of the frame. It worked. Maybe this was a dodgy batch of frames, but why does it have to be such a tight fit? Of course, you don't have to have the mechanical 'click' anyway, because you can just tap the surface of the TrackPad to get the same result. But then why call it Henge Docks Clique Magic?

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea poorly executed, 27 April 2012
After consigning a mac mini to use as a media server I bought this dock to link the track pad and keyboard. Unfortunately the manufacturing tolerances are poor and the trackpad won't 'click'. Gentle removal of plastic around the edges has solved the problem (bye bye guarantee) but you shouldn't have to resort to such measures. 10/10 for concept, 2/10 for execution.

4.0 out of 5 stars Henge Bluetooth keyboard and trackpad enclosure, 22 Jun 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but poor execution!, 8 Nov 2013
I bought this product sometime ago having neglected to read the customer reviews (Note to self, ALWAYS read customer reviews before purchasing!). I have been using the product for 8 Month or so and at the time of writing this review I have now totally discarded it. The quality of manufacture is in itself fine however as a previous customer noted the tolerances are so tight that the Pad has no room to maneuver making it almost impossible to use and exceedingly frustrating. If it had not been for my desire to persevere I would/should have returned this product so please take heed and give this product a miss.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor., 17 Jun 2013
Requires a fair bit of modification in order to actually fit the keyboard and trackpad into the case together. The fit is far too tight. Had to chisel away certain parts of it in order to get them both fitting together in harmony.

Also extremely expensive for what it is.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very good after a little DIY, 3 Jun 2013
Very good item that really holds the keyboard and trackpad together well, after, that is, a little surgery with a file, as the trackpad doesn't fit out of the box. It took 2 minutes with a metal file and everything fitted and clicked perfectly. Pity they couldn't figure this out for themselves for 25.