5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent printer, shame about the high toner cost
Published on 1 Aug 2012 by A. A. Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars We have had problems with this printer
While this printer performs fairly well in general use, I have found it very slow to respond to documents that I've sent to print. It can sometimes take up to a minute to print a 6 page document. Also the features like scanning to file and email print worked once and now no longer work. I cant get these features to work and have given up from frustration...
Published 10 months ago by roger1361

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent printer, shame about the high toner cost, 1 Aug 2012
A. A. Jones "A A Jones" (Stockton on Tees, England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dw Printer (Accessory)
This printer was purchased to replace my M1 Abrams battle tank which was not windows 7 compatible and HP had failed to produce an updated driver (shame on HP) HP Color LaserJet 2840 All-in-One - Multifunction ( fax / copier / printer / scanner ) - colour - laser - copying (up to): 19 ppm (mono) / 4 ppm (colour) - printing (up to): 19 ppm (mono) / 4 ppm (colour) - 375 sheets - 33.6 Kbps - Hi-Speed USB, 10/100 .... this new model works perfectly on windows 7 and whilst not a small item is much more compact than its predecessor. I purchased this item in May 2012 at £540 and received £120 cash back from HP. I also sold my original for £120 which I am glad to see the back of mainly due to its huge size.

This model is a pleasure to use. I have it connected on a wired network, but I also take advantage of the wireless, on this particular model, and can print direct from my iPad. The scanner and automatic sheet feeder is excellent, handling double sided volumes with no problem. I use it a lot for making PDF versions of statements and other printed work. It's much more economic with low stand-by power use, waking only on request, unlike my 2840 for ever turning itself on and off.
Also glad to note that compatible toner is now available. I know from previous experience there is no notable diffrence in quality using these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch colour printer..........., 13 Sep 2012
This review is from: LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dw Printer (Accessory)
Bought this for home/office use. Previous printer - HP Officejet Pro 8500A - whilst a decent home printer, doesn't really cut the mustard as a professional business printer.

Took about half an hour from deboxing (ouch - did I really type that) to printing. A doddle to set up. Most laborious task was removing the protective film. Cartridges preloaded, but they are not full size. Previous reviewer is right, new cartridges are hideously expensive. Connecting to wireless network a breeze.

It is a very big printer if it's sitting in your small home/office (dining room actually). However, it is attractive in its black and white livery.

Now for the best part. The printer is awesome. As a test, I printed a photo on ordinary 80gsm paper. The quality colour reproduction was so so good. It vindicated spending so much. But it just gets better. Next I scanned an A4 flyer that came with the printer and converted it to text. Accurate to a tee. Oh, and it prints B&W as well. Double sided printing a breeze. Can't remember the quoted printing speeds but certainly quick enough for me. Could take a while to print 2,000 copies, but you would mad to do so. Your local Printer company would do it as well and at half the price.

All in all, a great printer, and I highly recommend.

All I have to do now is start saving for the replacement cartridges, oh well, life's a .............

4.0 out of 5 stars Head and shoulders above any printer I have had previously, 23 Feb 2014
Mr. J. E. M. Small "Ted" (Guildford) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dw Printer (Accessory)
I run a business from a garden office and needed a printer able to cope with daily use. My domestic printer was struggled with the network connection, needed to be switched on before use and cost a fortune in cartridges.

This one is there and just 'works' - hassle free printing and scanning. I've had no call to replace the cartridges yet but am not looking forward to that - a full set of originals is over £300! But they do last.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great printer, little costly but well worth it, 15 Feb 2014
This review is from: LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dw Printer (Accessory)
Fast printer, little noisier than expected. Super festures re duplex, igh volume scanner / feeder. Like the scan to usb and also ios iphone and ipad compatibility. Great over wifi too !! Only issue toner software warning comes on far too soon.

3.0 out of 5 stars We have had problems with this printer, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dw Printer (Accessory)

There was one total breakdown of the printer 6 months into its life which HP came and replaced the whole inner workings and circuit boards, my worry is that if this happens again there wont be a warranty and the printer will have to be replaced.

I would like to have spent more money on a better more robust printer, one which is simpler to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laserjet, 29 Nov 2012
This review is from: LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dw Printer (Accessory)
It was easy to set up, although I did get annoying automatic print outs for a while until I discovered how to manage the apps. I wish the trays were labelled in reverse order as unless you select tray 2 when setting up, it can try tray 1 first and ask to put in paper. I wish it would print on very small paper, e.g. Business cards. It was easy to clear paper jams after looking at the online manual.
It's a pity there is no hard copy of the manual.

5.0 out of 5 stars EASY TO USE, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dw Printer (Accessory)
USING WITH WINDOWS 8 AND IT IS SO EASY TO USE, JUST INSTALL APPS ON COMPUTER AND IT JUST DOES WHAT YOU WANT. I HAVE USED IT LOADS AND THOUGH THE INK IS GOING DOWN, IT IS LASTING FAR BETTER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD, IT DOES EVERY NOW AND AGAIN POP UP TO SHOW THE INK LEVELS WHICH I THINK IS QUITE HANDY. GOOD QUALITY, ESP IF YOU GET DECENT PAPER, UT EVEN ON THE CHEAPY BASIC STUFF THE PICS LOOK FAB!

2.0 out of 5 stars usb installation impossible, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dw Printer (Accessory)
Having bought other hp colour laser printers I was sufficiently impressed to order this one for my office. Whilst the printer is nicely made the software driver has a major problem which makes installation via a usb cable impossible. There are a number of entries about this on the web. HP have failed to sort the problem out which in a printer of this price is a disgrace. Essentially the printer will install over a network connection but when wired up via a usb, the programme gets confused and is still trying to network the computer when its supposed to be installing it. The two technicians over the internet were useless and there was no help line available during the weekend. Hp's own website documents the many problems they have had with installation; suspending the built in automatic installation doesn't resolve them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: LaserJet Pro 400 Color MFP M475dw Printer (Accessory)
I bought this product to replace an HP Officejet 6700 whose scanner failed after only a disappointing 18 months.

This seems more robust than the Officejet but until recently I had believed that HP kit was pretty well bomb-proof. I need this for the scanner/fax/copy capability so if the scanner fails on this after only 18 months I will have to look to other manufacturers. I cannot say any more about durability until rather more time has passed.

So far, it was easy to set up and install as a workgroup printer, the print is clear and sharp and the colour reproduction is excellent.

I can only complement the seller for delivery on the first day of the delivery window, which, given it was in the run up to Christmas, was an excellent performance from Apple4less