5.0 out of 5 stars superb, lots of charm
I'm not a big fan of the Disney corporation but I have to say they have kept extremely faithful to the spirit of AA Milne's books in this film - a very nice story revolving around the calmest of the Pooh gang.
Published on 24 Sep 2004 by Allenian One

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too slow for today's kids?
The Winnie the Pooh stories have been entertaining children for generations, and the Disney corporation have turned this to their advantage. Piglet's Big Movie is one of a long line of Pooh movies, ranging from cinema releases to the "straight to video" lines.

Published on 6 Oct 2011 by Puzzle crazy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, lots of charm, 24 Sep 2004
Allenian One (Barcelona, Spain) - See all my reviews
What's particularly good is the emphasis in the story on Piglet's low-key decency and common sense and how nobody ever listens to him - preferring to go along with the others' madcap schemes. It's good that young viewers are occasionally seeing that it's not always best to be carried along with the crowd!
Aside from that, this is one of the few films for little children that I can actually sit and watch with my daughter for a while. It's very charmingly done, which means it can be viewed again and again and has some of the best songs I've heard in any children's film for ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awwwwwww..., 19 Feb 2005
I am 14 years old and I used to love winnie the pooh (Well I still do.) This is a heartwarming optomistic tale but instead of the main charachter being pooh or tigger, it is Piglet. This is possibly the best children's movie ever made. Also, great music video at the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's sooo sweet., 21 Sep 2004
Maya Åstrup Olsen "Maya Åstrup" (Copenhagen) - See all my reviews
My daughter is 15 months old and she absolutely loves this movie. It's sweet, the songs are nice and the moral's good - even if you're very small (like a little sister) you can still be a big help. I personally like this movie better than the Tigger one, it's less bouncy and has more of the original book's low-key, mellow feeling.

5.0 out of 5 stars masterpiece, 10 Sep 2003
This one is quite a gentle movie, and this matches Piglet's personality. Quite different to Tigger's 2000 movie. Both movies are special and feel like masterpieces. Both easily entertain 2 & 3 year old's for the duration of the film. There is an interlude part of the piglet film that seems to celebrate the artwork skills similar to the "uncle tiggers" sketch from Tigger's movie. The Piglet one is much better

5.0 out of 5 stars Avery happy toddler, 27 Mar 2009
Very sweet tale about Piglet and how important he is in everything that happens in the hundred acre wood. We have the Tigger Movie, the Heffalump Movie and Winnie the Pooh, and my 2 1/2 year old loves them all. They are also enjoyable to watch as a parent.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 Year Old twins - silenced, 9 Feb 2009
G. Williams "purplegaily" (Liverpool UK) - See all my reviews
Wow - I have 2 little boys, who won't sit still for much - but this film is it. They always ask for piglet, and love the bees. The don't like to see rabbit and tigger fighting, but they like to watch this at least once a week.

I can't get the sound track out of my head - 'a few good freinds' rolls around my skull far more than anything I've heard on the radio recently. At least it's a decent ditty.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit too slow for today's kids?, 6 Oct 2011
Puzzle crazy (Walsall, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

I remember taking my son to the cinema to see this film when it came out several years ago. It was the first time he had been to the cinema. Although the running time of the film is only 72 minutes, he got really bored with the lack of any sort of action, and ended up falling asleep in his chair. We have a copy of this on video, but I think it was given to me, as I can't imagine I would have gone to a shop and paid money for it!

The basic story of the film revolves around the character of Piglet, rather than Winnie the Pooh, although of course, all of the characters feature heavily. Piglet disappears into the hundred acre wood, feeling he is too small to be useful. It is then up to his friends to search the woods for him, using pictures from his scrapbook as clues. There are lots of flashbacks and references to the original stories by Milne, which are weaved into the story cleverly. The film features a couple of songs, but to be completely honest, they are not very memorable.

I think the problem with this film is that it is just too gentle. It ambles along, slowly and gently, with not much happening and no real story to speak of. Then, at the very end there is quite a bit of action and excitement, but you may have dozed off before you get to that point.

My kids don't get this video out very often, and when they do, they never manage to watch the film all the way through. It is a bit of a shame, because the animation is absolutely beautiful, with lots of attention to detail and retaining that traditional "Disney" look.

This film is only really going to appeal to die hard Pooh fans, and kids with long attention spans. I think it may appeal more to girls than boys, as I have found that boys prefer lots of action and figthing, and this just does not happen here! The trouble with Disney sometimes, is that they churn out too many films, and although the classics are memorable and well loved, we forget that they have produced just as many "duds" which have fallen by the wayside and been forgotten.

I'm not a big fan of the chracters in the Pooh stories, as I find them a bit one dimensional, apart from Tigger. All the stories are a bit "samey", basically revolving around Pooh looking for honey, which gets a bit boring after a while. One for the jumble sale, I think.

5.0 out of 5 stars Piglets big movie, 8 Mar 2011
I am really too old for Winnie the pooh and thought I had grown out of it but this is a great movie.I can guarantee it will make you feel better whether you are angry , sad ,or just feeling down / sick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 15 Oct 2010
Delightful entertainment for young children. A full length feature with all of the regular characters, keeps young ones enthralled throughout.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter loves it, 13 Jan 2014
Also got this for my daughter for Christmas & she was over the moon.One of her favourite movies & she loves the songs.She actually asked the teacher could she sing one of the songs for her classmates & she did.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xafa855bc)

Piglet's Big Movie
Piglet's Big Movie by Francis Glebas (DVD)