5.0 out of 5 stars You won't look trendy but you will save money.
Published 21 months ago by Taichi student

1.0 out of 5 stars Too big and flimsy
Bought this and returned it. Very big, baggy and flimsy. I know it is to serve a purpose but did not feel it was really usable.I bought a fisher man jacket instead better shape and cheaper.
Published 18 months ago by Lindyp

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't look trendy but you will save money., 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: NEW Rufus Roo: The BIG POCKET Travel Jacket in BLACK STEALTH - Large size (Misc.)
We have started just taking cabin bags on our budget airline flights. Always have the worry that the bags will be overweight (especially on the way back) or won't fit into the size cage. The Rufus Roo was packed in a bag on the way out. On the way back, we bought 6 bottles in duty free having been told, incorrectly, that we could take anything from duty free on to the plane as hand luggage. Found out just as we were about to queue to board that this did not apply to our airline (guess who!) and everything had to be contained in our cabin bags. My husband got out the Rufus Roo and we put numerous articles from our bags into it plus a carton of 200 cigarettes). The six bottles then fit into our cabin bags. Result, a large saving in excess baggage charges.
The pockets of the Rufus Roo hold huge amounts and the waistcoat can just be folded and put into the box to go through X-ray and then put on again to walk on to the plane. Once you have landed, just pop it into a spare bag or backpack and away you go.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think this product is worth it, 19 Jun 2014
Actually I got the medium and this is my second review- because, really, this product deserves it. It is, I agree, vastly overpriced for the flimsy garment it is but regardless, it has saved me lots of money and, more importantly stress. I have tested this thing to the limit, you really have to have a long jacket to wear over it if you want to put lots of things in it and not look very very weird. It has been really useful when I have flown out, for example, on Ryanair where you are allowed two bags but have had to come back on a flight where you're only allowed one. I put my laptop and mini tablet in the big pockets, everything else-soap, tea (I'm British!), the kitchen sink went in the other ones. I do look a bit foolish, but that is the only price you pay for taking too much stuff with you!

1.0 out of 5 stars Too big and flimsy, 14 Jun 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Michelin Man, 6 Sep 2013
Well, firstly I have to admit that the jacket saved me the price of putting a bag in the hold on our Ryan air flight, so basically it paid for itself on a single trip. That said, I had to endure guffaws, embarrassing smirks and a wife who threatened not to sit with me. I resembled something between the Hulk and Michelin man. To be fair, Ryanair weighed every carry on bag at the check in gate to our flight from Liverpool and also insisted that everybody place their carry-on bag into their basket to ensure that nobody got away with carrying overweight or over sized luggage as carry on bags. My bag weighed 9.7 kilos, just under the allowable weight, and I had another 5 kilos of clothes in my jacket. Nothing was said to me and I was simply waived on board. My advice though to anyone buying this jacket is to ignore the advice to buy a large jacket if you only want to carry on a few additional kilos. It looks ridiculous and adds to the overall embarrassment. In summary, it does what it says on the tin. I also discovered that you can simply fold it over and carry it like a normal jacket. The staff at check in don't ask why you are carrying a rather bulky jacket in the height of a heat wave and it doesn't appear to be considered another piece of luggage. If questioned, you can simply put it on, watch the incredulity on their faces and face a partner who refuses to be seen with you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic idea, 21 April 2013
Will not give in to rip off air lines

Bought one each for my daughter and I for a week's holiday in Lanzarote and had 5kl hand luggage

We wore our jackets crammed full to check in and then to board with absolutely no questions

Amazed how much fitted in, Lap top, shoes, clothes, books etc

Even tacked beach towel to the inside

Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Sep 2014
A great design and a very useful product..great service too.Thank you.L.Sweeney

5.0 out of 5 stars Beat the airlines, 30 Dec 2013
I am more than happy with my purchase and I have already used it on a Ryanair flight. I had so much stuff in the pockets ie kindle, tablet, spare shoes etc. and it was very comfy to wear. I am a size 16 and would recommend the large, I had already ordered the Med which fitted fine, but it would not have had enough room to stuff the pockets

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 15 Mar 2013
Good and will use but needs a large pocket at the back as the jacket is not worn sitting down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Oct 2014
Very light and does it's job

5.0 out of 5 stars Does everything advertised, 26 May 2013
You really can fit and amazing amount of stuff in this suitcase.
Wish that I had one before. I need never worry about a suitcase being overweight again.