4.0 out of 5 stars The story continues..., 16 Oct 2012
Fiona Peters (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Roots of Insight (Dusk Gate Chronicles -- Book Two) (Kindle Edition)
Book 2 continues Quinn's story from where it left off in the first book, although billed as a YA novel it has a charm that will captivate older readers too. I would not normally consider myself a fan of 'fantasy' type novels but the world into which we are taken is an old fashioned and simplified version of our own world, where no-one has special powers and chivalry and helping others is very important. There is an element of adventure in the story but it is very much how the characters react and develop as the story continues that is the big draw, and the romantic element is well written without anything that would be inappropriate for the age group it is intended for. As the story continues from book to book where the last one left off, it is best if they are read in the order they were written - I highly recommend them!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant new series, 2 Feb 2014
well written, interesting characters, lovely setting, this author really made me care about them all and fall in love with them: totally imaginative and I can't wait to read more

5.0 out of 5 stars When I put down the first book I couldn't wait to pick up the second one., 4 Sep 2013
Roots of Insight (Dusk Gate Chronicles -- Book Two 2) I haven't been sleeping well - mainly because I can't stop reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Read, 22 Aug 2013
Karan Harvey (Oxford, England) - See all my reviews
I love love love this series, Roots of Insight takes up where Seeds of Discovery finished. Quinn has a lot to deal with and struggles with keeping her secret about Eirentheos a world she can visit. I love how Eirentheos is described in such great detail along with each and every character, you really get a feel for them. I thouroughly enjoyed this book and am off to read number three :)

ARRAY(0xaec2da50)