5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful winding up of the Touchstone story
Having brought the adventures of the Touchstone trilogy to a very satisfying conclusion in the book 'Caszandra' this further book is, as it is described in the product description, a "self-indulgent collection of family reminiscence" that is "more saccharine than dramatic".

Published 14 months ago by Steve B

3.0 out of 5 stars Trilogy plus one, one too many
Published 17 months ago by Stan

3.0 out of 5 stars Trilogy plus one, one too many, 6 Aug. 2013
Stan (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gratuitous Epilogue (Touchstone Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Having enjoyed the trilogy, which had come to a natural end, I was surprised to find number four . Unfortunately I didn't enjoy it nearly as much, because hardly anything happened. It explores relationships quite well, and the minutae of domestic events, but it could be describing days in the life of any settlement. Three pages on wedding apparel! So I found I was skipping bits to keep going. Also got lost with the sheer number of characters who appear briefly, then are mentioned later by name and you've forgotten who they are. Still inventive and you do get involved with the people, but no new ideas and too drawn out for me. Should have stayed with three.

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful winding up of the Touchstone story, 11 Nov. 2013
Steve B (Northumberland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gratuitous Epilogue (Touchstone Book 4) (Kindle Edition)

If you are just after adventure, then it's not as exciting as the three books of the main trilogy, but if you want a delightful look into the further lives of Cass and her friends you'll love this book.

It's just such a pity that I've finished all the books now :(

5.0 out of 5 stars A good end., 15 Feb. 2014
Minnie "_minnie_" (Mossley, Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gratuitous Epilogue (Touchstone Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Having come across Stray as a free read many months ago, I then bought Lab Rat One and Caszanda. I was not dissapointed. This book neatly rounds off the series and we find out if Cass and her mum are ever united. The book is slow moving as it is all about Cass and her extended family. There aren't as many scary moments in this book, but it does have a happy ending.
If I read these books, I usually reread immediatly, and this time was no different.
Glad I got them so I can escape into Cass' world at any time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 16 Sept. 2013
Helli (Isle of Sheppey Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gratuitous Epilogue (Touchstone Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
This was a wonderful story, and this final book in the series really rounds it off . Most my favourite characters seem to have settled down and are happy, but I would still love to know what happened to everyone else and did they ever contact the rest of earth ? What happened to the other planets? May be the story could be continued or expanded I can live in hope. A great read, very recommended .

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe this has ended, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Gratuitous Epilogue (Touchstone Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I love this series and this book is another brilliant one. I'm so sad the story is finished as there's so much potential still left. Fabulous characters and so well written they also feel like family. I will have to read the whole series again. PLEASE WRITE MORE OF THIS SERIES.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 26 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Gratuitous Epilogue (Touchstone Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I started to read this series as Stray was an interesting title and it was free, can't say i looked back and has now become one off my all time fab reads. Am so glad that a few months after finishing Cassandra for the first time i looked to see what other title's this author had and found this.

I brought it as i wanted to see if they had a happy ever after and was not disappointed. If you like Stray, Lab rat and Cassandra then this is the perfect what happened after book, not to short it took me a good three hours plus to read.
Just be warned it does close the story about Cass and the squads but still has some laugh in it like the other three books a recommended read if you are intrested in this style of stories

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to the Touchstone trilogy!, 31 Mar. 2012
Shaun Horrigan "Shaun" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Gratuitous Epilogue (Touchstone Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Andrea Höst's Touchstone trilogy is one of my all time favourite YA reads. After finishing the third book though, I still wanted to know more about what happened to Cassandra, Kaoren, Lira, Sen, Ys, Rye and the rest of the cast - and in this shortish volume (2200 Kindle locations) we get to find out exactly that!

Using the familiar diary format, only with roughly one entry per month instead of daily entries, we get to follow Cassandra's life for the next two years. I have to say I really enjoyed this treat of a follow up and genuinely had a tear in my eye at the end - I really do love a happy ending.

5 stars! - If you enjoyed the Touchstone series, you really do owe it to yourself to read this too - Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this whole series, 16 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Gratuitous Epilogue (Touchstone Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Loved this whole series. Would really like to see this made into a film; and this comes from someone who only watches 2 or 3 films a year at the cinema.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Gratuitous Epilogue (Touchstone Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
Good read, good series, I wanted to follow the story to the end

Gratuitous Epilogue (Touchstone Book 4)