5.0 out of 5 stars best of the sixties
excellent cd and is exactly what it says on the box, best group of tunes I have ever bought and I've bought quite a few.
Published on 3 Mar 2011 by S. Lebeter

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the original artists or recordings
Published on 24 Feb 2011 by Mrs. M. Walsh

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the original artists or recordings, 24 Feb 2011
Mrs. M. Walsh "Maw." (Glasgow Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 60's Album Vol. 1 (Audio CD)
I have just received this cd and it is playing whilst I am composing this review, and on listening to this cd what I am sure of is that these are most definately not original recordings. It states on the cover that these are by the original artists, which means when it comes to single performers, you get the original artist, but not the original recording. When it comes to a group, you get a recording by some of the original group, but a later recording, and not the original group. If the group is the original lineup, you get a re-recording at a later time. Some of the tracks are ok, "Needles & Pins" by the Searchers is different from the original, but still enjoyable. There are some great songs here, and what you will appreciate from listening to this cd is that in their original release form, these tracks are what made the sixties so memorable. I bought this cd for pennies, and whilst most of the tracks here are inferior to the originals, you do get the odd surprise, such as a four minute plus version of "Tobacco Road" by an energetic Nashville Teens, including feedback. None of these tracks are a patch on the original recordings, and this cd is definately not a must have item. I can live with this cd, but could not in all honestly recommend it. File this cd in the "Oddity" bin. Mrs. M Walsh.

3.0 out of 5 stars 60 cd, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sixties (Audio CD)
Not all original artists don't sound like original recordings I should have checked small print sorry cannot recommend not gret

1.0 out of 5 stars A SAD SONG OVER AND OVER, ORIGINAL SO NOT., 25 May 2011
Mr. A. J. Frost (KENT, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 60's Album Vol. 1 (Audio CD)
I bought this so called 60's Album, because I saw the cover stating Original Artists.
OK my fault, I should have read on. But these very classic songs ie Needles and Pins, Broadway are
in my opinion good Karoke versions and nothing more. You simply cannot add your own version/twist
to these icon sounds and expect them to be listenable. I have disposed of the CD as I would be
ashamed to even give it away.
Yes I have learnt a good lesson. If you want quality music, pay for it.
The guys who put this compulation together are not at a standard to warrant singing such classics.
On my fisrt listen I sent my CD player on fast forward on virtually every track. If you like this
compulation, then you would be better to save your money and go to your local pub on Karoke night as you would have to be hard of hearing in my opinion to state you enjoyed the CD.
Am I going over the top. Sorry but no. It really is cringable.
Classics are recorded by superstars, not people who are not capable.

5.0 out of 5 stars best of the sixties, 3 Mar 2011
S. Lebeter (Blackpool, Lancashire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Track lists., 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Sixties (Audio CD)
I am very tired of searching for track lists for many of the CD's that are for sale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please try to ensure that this is corrected soon as this will prevent me purchasing this kind of material,

4.0 out of 5 stars best of the, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sixties (Audio CD)
60s all your old faves on here , great quality some of the best of the 60s on here great

5.0 out of 5 stars Sixties Music, 13 Mar 2013
This review is from: Sixties (Audio CD)
I bought this for myself I am a very avi sixty's music fan I also like the 70's and some 80's music. I love 60s karaoke aswell

4.0 out of 5 stars Used cd but good music, 24 Feb 2013
This review is from: Sixties (Audio CD)
Cd a little battered, but that was expected.
The cd itself plays well, with no concern.
Good music from years past.

Sixties