on 15 July 2013
I downloaded the free trial version and after an hour purchased the full version as it made such a huge difference. I can now read my e-books on my Kindle Fire in the garden and on the beach in full sun. I would have paid ten times the amount for this App as the Kindle was impossible to read in sunlight before I downloaded ScreenDim. An essential App for Kindle Fire for pennies! Highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon 12 December 2012
I use this on my Kindle Fire. The Kindle does allow you to change brightness but nowhere near as good as this. You can change brightness and contrast as well. You can set 5 presets. 2 for night 2 for day and one other. This isnt fixed though because you can call them whatever you want. This saves messing about with sliders each time. Once you have got the brightness/contrast sorted for a particular time of day save it for next time.
on 12 February 2013
Well worth the money. I can't get the screen to go completely black but it is much better for nightstand mode
on 17 March 2013
I got into a panic when I found I couldn't dim my Kindle Fire in different conditions. I couldn't find the control for brightness (there were no helpful instructions on line available) and I needed to be able to read at night during a spell of illness without upsetting my husband. This app wasn't too expensive and enabled me to control the brightness and the definition. This worked out well after a bumpy patch of trial and error. Then I accidentally worked out how to adjust the brightness from the page-top menu. In fact, I still use the app because it's more convenient for me to have a set of bespoke settings for different light conditions. I estimate that with the lowest setting I can increase intervals between recharge for up to a week.
on 8 April 2013
I had the 3 day trial first which was ok but it took time to get used to - for example it will stop working (on an android phone at least) when your phone has been to sleep and then woken up again - so you have to make sure you have the settings right or it will not be working most of the time! Also (and there is no setting to change this as far as I know) this app doesn't start automatically when the phone is switched on so you have to start it up yourself. However, as soon as I had these things figured out it was great - I could reduce the screen brightness by lots - I didn't realise how bright it was (and didn't need to be) until I got this app! Instead of my phone being charged every 20 hours or so it now lasts for over 2 days. Pleased with the results.
on 28 December 2012
Great control over the screen brightness any time of the day or night. I love the preset buttons for quick adjustment. Works wonderfully on my nexus 7.
on 16 August 2013
Awkward to use at first - it would be better with some explanation.
Despite warning, on the lowest setting the screen went black with no option but to switch it off.
But useful eventually
on 15 November 2014
Nice little app, useful for the many tablets that don't give you easy access to brightness settings. Also useful as a 'global' setting, as it overrides most auto/presets and lets you set precisely the level you want.

The interface and instructions could be vastly improved, but once you figure it out it's effective and cheap.
on 22 January 2015
The minimum setting on this app is exactly the same as my phone minimum brightness. I used to use a free app called Screen Filter which darkened the screen very well but did not work from the notification window hence my desire to buy this. Is this a known issue on my device? Samsung Galaxy S2 Mini.
on 13 February 2015
This is a great app, forces the brightness even lower than the manufacture standard.
Used on a GALAXY S2 I9100