Size: Sony NEX-3/NEX-5/NEX-5N/NEX-6/NEX-7 Crystal Clear Expert ShieldChange

on 3 September 2015
Purchased for RX100 iv rather than the iii. Arrived this morning, 10 minutes later it sits there perfectly and nearly invisible on the camera's screen so very pleased - I believe the screens are identical in size. Good clear instructions, including the best environment in which to install the protector, films separate easily too. Having installed these sorts of things on loads of cameras before can only advise that a good result relies hugely on good preparation - do follow their instructions, do it in good light and as dust free an area as you can find. Work as quickly as you can whilst maintaining accuracy - dust will fall on the screen if it just sits there - and don't touch the surface of the protector that's going to stick to the camera - you'll never get rid of the marks! You see a lot of protectors all bubbly and messy but you can get them on perfectly, like this one, if you just keep it clean.
on 27 November 2014
Bought this protector for my Sony A6000 and I am thoroughly impressed,
It was far easier to apply than any screen protectors that I have used in the past, thanks mainly to the fact that if it all starts to go wrong, you can just peel it back before its too late and start again!

I took my time to read the very easy to use instructions and then went for it, carefully checking for alignment/bubbles and after a couple of reshuffles to get it fully aligned it is on there fine with no bubbles and no annoying dust underneath!

The screen protector also comes with a lint-free cloth to remove any dust and grease from the screen. Now that my protector is applier, I have a very useful lens cloth too!

The only thing stopping me from giving this the full 5 stars is that I have only had it about a week and I will need a lot more use than that to test out the lifetime guarantee!
on 5 January 2015
I bought this for the newer Sony HX60, trusting the reviews that said it had the same size screen as the HX50. Well the good news is that this HX50 screen protector fits the HX60 perfectly!
I've fitted a few varieties of screen protectors to various devices - this one went on very smoothly (noting all of the necessary warnings to avoid dust). It went on very well with a few bubbles around the edges which I smoothed out with the supplied microfibre cloth. I was left with one slightly irritating (because I knew it was there!) tiny bubble ~20mm from the edge of the screen which I couldn't smooth out. After checking this evening (~1 week after installation) the bubble has disappeared.
The clarity of the display is excellent, hard to compare before and after, but it seems slightly punchier with the protector on, it also seems to be better at resisting greasy fingerprints.
on 1 November 2014
This screen protector is very well made and easy to apply. The instructions are excellent and it went on first time without any alignment or bubble issues. Once applied it is invisible and you instantly forget it's there. Well worth the money to protect this great camera.
review image
on 28 October 2015
This product offers good protection for the LCD screens on the rear of Sony cameras, which do seem particularly prone to being scratched, even by those of us who take good care of their camera equipment. I'd go so far as to say that a screen protector is almost an essential purchase for a Sony camera owner.

It does, however, beg the question: why are Sony's screens so prone to scratching? It seems that this is a non-issue for other manufacturers - none of the Canon / Nikon cameras I've used over the years have ever suffered LCD scratches, and I've owned many of them far longer than my recent Sony purchases, and used them in much harsher environments.

None of that is the fault of this product - it does what it says on the tin very well - but I can't deny it annoys me that it should be necessary to use one.
on 9 February 2015
OK, I never leave reviews but felt compelled to do so with this product. On initial fitting to my RX100 M3 I somehow got a mountain of dust under the protector. I blame a stray gust of wind in my dining room but my wife thinks I'm simply a ham fisted buffoon. Regardless, I removed the protector, cleaned the camera screen and then applied a layer of sellotape to the sticky side of the Expert Shield and peeled it off. I then re-applied to the camera and low and behold it is in place without a speck of dust, smudge or blemish. Colour me highly impressed. My wife was not so impressed and still thinks I'm an idiot. When I explained that I was saving my £8 investment she thought I was an even bigger fool for spending so much on a screen protector. As a stubborn man I obviously know better than her. Thumbs up from me!
on 10 September 2014
This LCD shield is of fantastic quality. I cleaned the LCD with the cloth that was provided in the kit, it cleaned the screen without a trace of lint remaining behind. (Actually the cloth is so good that I am now using it for cleaning my glasses). The shield is exactly the size of the screen and following the perfect instructions on the back of the packet, I put the shield on with the first attempt, without any trapped dust or air bubbles. There are much cheaper products available, you can buy a packet of 3 shields for less than £3, but those cheap ones are rubbish, to start with the cleaning cloth is not lint free and the shields are so thin and flimsy that you probably ruin all three before deciding to buy one of these. Save yourself a big headache and don't buy a cheap shield, this camera deserves better.
on 9 February 2015
I have en Expert Shield on my Sony a6000. I like to travel light and thus I don't want to carry a clumsy camera bag - my stepping down from a DSLR to a Sony a6000 was mostly motivated by a reduction in size. Given that I just throw the camera in my bag without separate bag to protect it, I need something to protect the screen. I bought this, and one week later it seems fine. It is really too early to tell whether it holds up to my daily abuse, but for now I have no complaints.

Application was a little tricky (despite doing it in a steamy bathroom as recommended), so be careful there. I did not manage to apply it completely bubble-free. I have a small (1 mm square) bubble just below the viewfinder, which I have been unable to remove. Size-wise, the screen protector fits the a6000 perfectly.
on 21 August 2014
I've never bothered with screen protectors in the past, but I specifically wanted an RX100II because it's small enough to shove in a pocket and so I thought it would be a good idea to get a protector for it. As a result I have nothing to compare this to, but I can at least say that it's easy to fit and fits the screen exactly, it's easy to avoid bubbles, and if you do manage to misalign it slightly you can peel it off and go again. It comes with a cleaning cloth to get your screen sparkling before you start.

It seems to be fairly tough stuff that it's made out of, but despite that now that it's on I can't honestly say that it's noticeably there - which is something that worried me a little beforehand. It's a bit pricey compared to some, perhaps, but the quality seems to be good. I'm happy with it.
on 27 September 2013
Read the write ups and decided to try it. Arrived very promptly and as described. Tried putting it on with some trepidation but it worked first time with no bubbles and is still looking great!
I wish all suppliers had their customer service, thank you.