on 20 November 2012
Received the USB OTG cable today and it worked perfectly with my Nexus 7 tablet once I had to downloaded the Nexus Media App. Even loads the App when you connect a flash drive to the cable. Streams movies & music perfectly.
on 27 November 2012
A must have cable for me for my Nexus 7. I can attach USB flash drive transfer data or stream videos from it.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 October 2013
Since the latest Android update Jellybean it no longer works on the Nexus 2013 without a painful procedure using Media importer changing to USA settings and locking the screen, switching off and on again before connecting. For some reason you need to reset back to UK and do it all again if the Nexus is switched off. It may work sometimes if you let it sleep but not always.
The cable however is very good quality for the price.
on 10 July 2013
This arrived promptly as did the first one . I bought another one to give to my friend who also has nexus 7. You do need nexus media importer. If NMI doesn't recognise your device go to app settings and clear defaults then start again. You can also transfer files from your usb key to tablet. Overall amazing bit of kit for the money.You will never get anything like this for an ipad!
on 2 August 2013
After receiving a Google Nexus 7 as a birthday present I wanted to learn how to put photos from my camera directly on to this. My daughter, who also has a Nexus 7, recommended this to me. It is very easy to use and as I am a 68yr old pensioner suits me perfectly. I am now able to show off my photos when I visit my family. Would definitely recommend to others.
on 23 August 2013
I wanted this cable to link a DVB-T DAB FM dongle to my Nexus7 to enable me to exploit the wideband nature of the tuning chip and use same as a cheap SDR Radio. It works. Excellent cable.
on 29 March 2013
With all the multi-media files we carry around with us, it is hardly surprising that the storage on our portable devices is rapidly filled. USB on-the-go (OTG) is a simple but elegant solution allowing the data-intensive user to expand storage capacity by means of attaching a pen drive or external hard disc using the internal power supply of the tablet or smart phone. By this, it is possible to keep libraries of music and other media files off the device and swap them in as and when required. Note that a media app is needed to control the interface- there are paid and free versions in the app marketplace for most tablets and their operating systems.

The current downside is that USB OTG can only read the external storage and copy it to the device, it does not yet allow data to be transferred from tablet to storage unit as backup. This presumably has a potential firmware solution as there is no physical reason the cable cannot work in both directions, but possibly legal considerations explain why this "walled garden" approach is taken. Despite the somewhat hobbled nature of OTG, the concept is sound. Most cables can be bought for pennies and all are essentially doing the same job - it's just important to note that the L shaped USB connector on this unit does block the headphone port when attached.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 November 2013
What can I say, except it works providing you install Nexus media or media viewer. Wish I'd known about this before I bought a 32GB version of the new Nexus 7, as if you use this a portable hard drive for storage. Making the 16 GB version just as useful.

Note if you have a problem with any cable like this with the new Nexus. Latest Android software update should fix any glidge, but if not there are plenty of fixes on google.
on 9 July 2013
This works perfectly to connect a USB memory stick to my Sony Xperia phone. Both the micro USB plug and standard USB socket fit well and are not loose at all.

It would be good you had a variant where the right-angled micro USB plug is angled the opposite way. This would better suit Sony Xperia phones with their micro-USB socket on the left hand side.

Nonetheless, this niggle doesn't stop the cable working well.
on 19 January 2013
Slightly inconvenient size and shape, but otherwise perfect. With Nexus Media Importer, does NOT require root to watch movies on USB device. Android 4.2.1.