on 17 March 2013
Let's just say, you get what you pay for!!! I bought this tarpaulin as a camouflage cover for the EZ Fort kit for my 5 year old, and for this purpose, it's perfect and he loves it. It could also be used as a ground sheet for him to play with his action figures outdoors. However, if you're looking for a robust camping or fishing accessory, the lightweight nature of the product would be disappointing, and you may want to choose something more robust: on opening the package, the sellotape which stuck the manufacturer's label on pulled some of the camouflage design off!
on 6 April 2012
You can get ground sheets/ Tarp covers for three or 4 times the price, I used this on my tent whilst camping (had to make an emergency cover) it did the job and does not look cheap, folds up very small for rucksack. essential bit of camping kit, lifesaver in an emergency as it can be span across anything with string in minutes and save you and all your kit from any amount of rain. ignore the fact its from a kids army shop, if it was not it would be the exact same product for £15+
on 3 March 2013
Great little tarp, good strong holes for stringing up. Have slept under it before, not foolproof waterproofing but pretty happy with it. Also, light small, and more robust than you first think. However, I did see a simple blue tarp in the 99p store which I suspect is of very similar design and quality, it justs costs 99p and is blue. I might get one and stage a comparison. However, until then, this is a good tarp despite the childish camo job ;) EDIT: So far havn't done the 99p store tarp test but i picked up two bungee cords with karabinas there which worked great with this tarp.
on 12 August 2012
A quickly delivered , decent sized poly tarp which well impressed the small boy it was given to as part of a birthday gift !
With the addition of some paracord and pegs he has the chance to exercise his imagination den building outdoors even in the welsh rain .
on 18 January 2013
Just four stars for the moment as I will not be using this tarp till later in the year but I have looked at it and pulled it about and as far as I can tell it is good quality with nice strong eyelets
on 11 October 2013
I bought this to cover up our rabbit hutch to make it waterproof and protect the bunny from the rain and cold. It is fairly thin but its a good size and has been perfect for what we needed it for.
on 21 December 2012
As a tree surgeon i purchased this to cover a log pile due to it being waterproof. Upon first opening it you can tell instantly how terrible the quality is,its the same size as a man size tissue and about as durable! If you are buying this to cover logs look else where and pay a bit more,the first sign of a small peg on a log that has had poor snedding and it will poke a hole in like your finger through toilet paper. We use lots of tarpaulin at our company to cover woodchips etc and you know as soon as you see and feel one that is good quality and that is not,this is NOT. I can assure you this will bio degrade terribly,i should have told myself you get what you pay for,if you want years of service dont try and save yourself a few pounds like i did here,spend that extra cash and benefit from it....if you want this for a den for your kids on the other hand it would be ideal but avoid it at all costs if you are going to put it to proper use.
on 10 February 2013
Slips into my rucksack for shelter purposes and can be a ranged for overhead shelter of tent in a number of different ways with the help of some para cord, I have been caught out in torrential rain and very heavy winds and I can say this is definitely waterproof and provides a great degree of shelter, if you need one buy it. You can spend 10 times as much on bivvys, but what I needed it for it more than does the job. And buy the way I don't buy cheap I go for what is the best available and what does the job
on 31 May 2013
I don't really intend to hammer this item if I don't have to, as it was bought to supplement a 'bugout bag'. Very lightweight, looks the business and seems waterproof. I nearly bought something twice as heavy for three times as much and half the size from my local surplus store. Can't see any flaws so far. Happy. UPDATE: The tarp has been strung out in the garden throughout the heatwave/torrential rain and it seems to have held up pretty well.
on 10 May 2013
Our daughter has made a new gang hut / bird hide in the garden. Bought 2 tarpaulins for a camouflaged roof structure. 6x8 feet was ideal for our needs. The folded edges with eyelets made it very easy to tie up in position. It rained shortly after we were finsihed and the tarps are definitely water-proof - they rapidly filled up with and held a fair amount of rainwater. We are very happy with this product.