5.0 out of 5 stars SHEER PLEASURE
Published on 16 Mar. 2012 by twindelight

1.0 out of 5 stars Find something else
Digitally remastered? From what? Another reviewer suggests that they are "rather mediocre sounding". That to my ears is being very very forgiving - they are in my opinion truly awful. Sent back, got refund but it did cost me the return postage so I'd highly recommend that you find something else.
Published 15 months ago by AndyR

1.0 out of 5 stars Find something else, 22 Mar. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars SHEER PLEASURE, 16 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Trilogy (Audio CD)
I have seen Joan Baez perform twice both to sell-out performances and she loses none of her magic although now she has 2 band members to boost her guitar. This trio CD pack takes me right back to 1968 when I had the middle CD on an LP and I have been trying to replace it on CD for years. Her raw talent is amazing because she only has her voice and her guitar and her voice is so powerful. I am thrilled with this trilogy and have also bought it for my daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this one!, 8 April 2013
This review is from: Trilogy (Audio CD)
Fantastic. I haven't listened to Joan Baez since I was a child in the 60's.Saw a documentary & thought I would buy a C.D. There are tracks on there I had loved & forgotten.Excellent quality recording & I had forgotten what a talented singer she is.

1.0 out of 5 stars Joan's first three albums, released as a gray-area out-of-copyright box set. Shoddy and not a penny to the performer., 13 Aug. 2012
David Pearlman "sound fanatic" (Arlington, MA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trilogy (Audio CD)
First off, my one star review is not for the content here. This is Joan Baez' first three albums, the first a shared artist effort originally on Veritas, and the latter two originally on Vanguard(who still own the master tapes). The two Vanguard albums, particularly the first, are the bedrock upon which she earned her reputation, and they are very fine examples of the folk movement. They belong in the collection of anyone interested in Baez or that movement.

That said, this collection is a quite nasty attempt to use a loophole in copyright law (soon to be closed) to reissue music without paying master royalties. Not a penny from this release goes to Baez (who is still alive, and who is not rich), nor the label that paid to create and release this music. The albums themselves are rather mediocre sounding, and that's to be expected since the label has no access to the masters and the best they can do is take something already released and fiddle with it (usually to the detriment of the music). The liner notes are poor, and the cover picture...well, you can take a look for yourself and decide if that's really the most flattering cover you could imagine.

Every one of these copyright loophole releases robs musicians (or their estates) of their livelihood, and decreases the chances that the labels who actually own the masters will ever go back and create a better product.

Ultimately, there is absolutely no difference between buying this set and obtaining this music through any nefarious download site, except for the fact that by buying this set, you have the privilege to pay a leach of a middleman.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trilogy. Joan Baez., 4 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Trilogy (Audio CD)
Obviously, this triple album could
not fail to please Joan Baez fans.
Full of Old tracks and some new to
Me !! This one is for Old & New fans.
Such a Great Voice and Great tracks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Baez Trilogy, 24 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Trilogy (Audio CD)
I had only hear a couple of tracks from Baez before I purchased this album. I think it will be great for real Baez fans, but for me an occasional listener it is probably not he best choice I have made. I find that due to her distinctive voice that lots of songs sound very similar. You have to spend a lot of time listening to the lyrics to realise that you have not heard the songs already. I find I can tolerate listening if I put this on with two other CD's and shuffle the music, so as to prevent overkill. I am going to perservere as she is a legend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Joan Baez Classics, 15 Nov. 2014
J. Nuttall "J nuttall" (Great Britan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trilogy (Audio CD)
A good album a fair mix of some of the songs she has sung over the years she is a beautiful voice and this album is very easy listening and it was good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Set, 31 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Trilogy (Audio CD)
As a longtime fan of Joan Baez (and Folk music in general) it was a real treat when I was given this set by my daughter. Such a wonderful performer and the box set is well put together. Top marks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, great sound, 15 Jan. 2014
Mr. M. Ganderton (Poole, Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Trilogy (Audio CD)
Joan Baez is a great singer and the three discs give a good cross section of her work. She always writes with feeling and understanding of the subject.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Trilogy (Audio CD)
Joan was one of the best Folk Singers of her generation and all tracks are well produced and make easy listening.

Trilogy
Trilogy by Joan Baez (Audio CD - 2012)