Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£7.72

on 10 September 2011
This is a beautifully produced book, with insight into innate feelings we have through reflection, moments of consciousness, and heartfelt feelings.. It can be a little hard to digest, and takes some thinking into what is meant in some of his writings, as some are more intellectually thought out, and therefore harder to understand.. Though the heartfelt pieces are a delight to read, and a real pleasure for the heart to feel. The pictures drawn by Kahlil Gibran are stunning, and he had a real talent for portraying human feelings through his drawings.. and this book is worth getting just for that.. the Poetry being an extraordinary delight and pleasure to read too.
on 11 July 2009
I am enjoying these works even more now than when I first encountered them many decades ago. Recent world events of war, protests, and social conflict regain perspective and restore hope from Gibran's profound insights and his cultural heritage. If you haven't read him before, do so now. If you knew him in the past, reencounter Gibran afresh.
on 19 May 2012
I can't recommend this book enough. Gibran was a genius and this collection by Everyman is excellent. The book is beautifully illustrated in black and white by Gibran himself. Most people have only heard of his book 'The Prophet' which is a shame; his other works are just as compelling and as deep in thought. Whatever your beliefs, Gibran will stimulate your imagination and viewpoints on life.
on 28 February 2013
This is a nice book to hold and read, also has original illustrations included. For myself I would have liked the print to be a little larger, and therefore the book to be a little larger. I have only dipped into parts of it, and will continue to do so but am unlikely to sit and just go through it. I am glad to have it on my bookshelf though, and am finding Gibran was a more prolific writer of rare talent than I had appreciated.
on 14 July 2013
A thoughtful text provoking deep reflection and providing spiritual nourishment; very helpful from a psychotherapy point of view, engaging in a process of change.
on 6 January 2014
This is a wonderful collection of the work of Kahlil Gibran. The more you read read him the more you learn and there is always something new to awaken that spiritual part in all of us. It helps one to find meaning in life struggles.
Absolute wonderful! I recommend it to anyone who wants to enrich their lives.
on 3 March 2013
I have owned and loved The Prophet for many years.I have given it has gifts, and recommended it to others. I am enjoying reading slowly, his collected works.
on 24 March 2014
Gibran's writings have been popular for many years and I purchased this excellent edition to replace an older copy of mine. Poet, philosopher and artist Kahlil Gibran's writings stir the soul. The Irish poet, mystic and painter George Russell 'AE', said of him "I do not think the East has spoken with so beautiful a voice since the Gitanjali of Rabindranath Tagore".
Words by "The Prophet" still are relevant today and reading this book will deepen your thought processes and leave you uplifted.
on 22 August 2013
I purchased this book a while ago and it has been casually dipped into on many occasions, always with pleasure and wonder. In our fast paced world taking time to digest the powerful words that were crafted when time was less 'cluttered' with everything that is deemed 'immediate' is a rare luxury. The book contains The Prophet - a jewel in the world of literature plus so much more. Thoroughly recommended - make a coffee and make the time, you will be amply rewarded.
on 18 August 2014
This book is worthy of its value and would suit all romantics and lovers of poetry. A relaxing read as you dip into it at those times when you have some peace and quiet. For the uninitiated it is also an eye opener. And for those who are already a fan it is "a must" to add to your collection.