on 16 September 2008
I bought this after reading a recommendation for it on another book review and I am so glad I did.

I love the way the typeface is in a handwriting font - it makes a deep subject much more accessible for some reason (and friendly too). The author herself has an easy manner though, so I expect even if it were written in a normal typeface it would still be very comprehensible.

I've been interested in 'present moment awareness' for ages now but find that all too often books are all abit too wordy for me and I come away not sure if I've really 'got' it!! I still find plenty to challenge my thoughts in Cheri Huber's books but she's the first author on this subject that I really feel some link with.

The 30 day guided retreat plan at the back of the book has real benefits for me too because not only has it made me more aware of my meditation practice but its got me back journaling again and the journaling has got my artistic juices flowing once more so I am now all fired up creatively too!

Not bad for just one book eh!
on 3 December 2008
I bought this from the London Buddhist Centre after a period of personal change. I like it because it is written in "handwritten" font so appeals to my sense of the visual. Lots of great tips and I am especially inspired by the thought of changing direction and the fact that your past doesn't have to be your future. Life changing if you let it be.
on 23 February 2013
I like this book because it's so simple a child could read it. The points of the narrative are very similar if not identical to those made by Thich Nhat Hanh or His Holiness The Dalai Lama but they are made more concisely with the aid of simple diagrams.The book almost reads like a short graphic novel so it didn't take me long to finish it; I think I bought the book two to three weeks ago. I would promote this book to absolute beginners in meditation. However, the book mentions breath counting, which I've personally had problems with but see how you find it. A fun product, worth a look!
on 7 March 2013
I love everything about this book. The way it is written, the style, the illustrations. I have worked my way through "A Course in Miracles". Cheri Huber's book gave me the same message, but from a different angle - and much less wordy.
on 20 September 2008
I like the way Cheri Huber simplifies things, and makes practical Buddhism available to people who know nothing of it, and maybe would be put off it if her books were openly Buddhist. But, having said that, I disagree with the previous reviewer about the "handwritten font" making the book "more accessible" - I think it makes it more of a rip-off!! Here we have a not inexpensive book (£9.00) only 144 pages to begin with, and each of these pages usually has (unecessary) pictures as well as writing. So, for instance, the second page has only 114 actual words (I don't use the first page as they often start halfway down a page anyway). I have a similar book called "A Mindful Way" by Jeanie Seward Magee (and with her you get 8 weeks of exercies to practise) in a not particularly small font, which has 328 words on its second page. And whilst this book too has extra small relevant quotes down the sides the book has been made wider than average to accomodate this.
So Cheri Huber's book, if written conventionally, would be approximately half the size it actually is - would you want to pay £9.00 for a book only 72 pages long? If you do, that's fine, just so long as you know that's what you are getting. Additionally, just enter Cheri Huber into Amazon and be amazed at the number of similar sounding books she has written e.g."There is Nothing Wrong With You: Going Beyond Self Hate, A Compassionate Process for Learning to Accept Yourself Exactly as You Are", "Be the Person You Want to Find: Relationship and Self-Discovery" and "How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be" - I could go on.
I am not saying her books are rubbish, as they certainly aren't - the content is quite good, but there isn't enough of it, and it does (to me at least) seem as if once you've read one, you've read them all.