4.0 out of 5 stars Most useful app!
Having just started the Fast Diet and wanting to enter a period of healthy eating as well as lose weight, I have been busy on the 'net'. I found lots of calorie counters and diet guides, some more useful than others and some more user friendly than others. Some required you to be a mathematical genius and others were just too simplistic to be of any use.
When I first...
Published 18 months ago by moicar

3.0 out of 5 stars Has potential to be great
This would be a 5star rating,if it didn't keep on crashing when I wasn't connected to the internet. It has a good database of foods and also eating out and recipe suggestions. However, not everywhere has WiFi and it's not much use if I can't use it then.
Published 18 months ago by mumfie

4.0 out of 5 stars Most useful app!, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Calorie Counter by FatSecret (App)
When I first viewed this app I was unsure of how appropriate it would be for me. Once into it I found it interesting and reasonably straight forward. Now that I am using it I find it very, very useful .
Not only can you record your daily food intake you can see activities can eat up the daily calories, and not just those that require a visit to the gym. I find it easy to use and helpful, thus itis motivating me to continue with my diet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful app, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Calorie Counter by FatSecret (App)
A very useful app for anyone wanting to monitor calorie intake and calories used. Occasionally has problems opening , but seems ok once I select close app, hence scoring 4 not 5

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent website backs up this app, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Calorie Counter by FatSecret (App)
Community driven content and almost 100% American, so buy a set of cup measures. Best thing about the website is that you can create your own recipes and nutritional content is calculated from data added by members. If it' s not on there, you can add it yourself, and benefit everyone. The app only works with wi-fi though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does everything., 27 Feb 2013
This review is from: Calorie Counter by FatSecret (App)
To set up your account you enter your weight, age and your activity level i.e sedentary; low active; very active etc and whether you want lto lose/gain weight, how much and how fast and the app calculates your daily calorie requirements. You enter each food item you consume and each activity you do and the app tracks your total calories in and out. It then presents them in several formats. On the home screen is a grid which gradually fills up as you use up your daily allowance and shows a percentage used, a percentage remaining and total calories remaining and your current weight and how many units you have to lose to reach your target. You can also view a table showing calories in and out and defecit/surplus on a calendar with daily average and monthly total. The app calculates calories burned during sleep and resting alongside the activities you record and the food and activity lists are extensive but with the facility to add a new food item or activity which is then shared among app users. There is also a recipe selection which can be filtered by Dairy free; diabetic; gluten free; high fibre; high protein; low calorie; low carb; low cholesterol; low fat; low gi, low sodium; low sugar; sugar free and weight watchers points.

3.0 out of 5 stars Has potential to be great, 13 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars good for beginners, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Calorie Counter by FatSecret (App)
Like the previous reviewer i am also trying the fast diet and need to find low calorie recipes to get me through the fast day. This app has hundreds of recipes sorted by calorific value. Just what i need. And then the food diary adds it all up so i can keep under the 500 cals limit. On non fast days it's quite an eye opener to see just how much food i really eat and I've started to naturally cut down. You have to be keen to fill the diary in each day, but i want to lose weight and this app really helps

4.0 out of 5 stars really good and worth a shot., 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Calorie Counter by FatSecret (App)
This app is brilliantly designed and I was really impressed. Very helpful for counting calories and tracking your progress with your diet. The only few bad points that I have to make is that when adding a new food that wasn't on the list, I couldn't find it. You could not completely manually control the exact level of calories if say you couldn't find the food you ate on the list and it also crashed so I couldn't use it. Not sure if this is a fault with the app or my kindle. I would still recommend it though, but just don't be surprised if it ends up not working.

4.0 out of 5 stars great free app, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: Calorie Counter by FatSecret (App)
An easy to use app easy to find just about any product and I found the quantities easy to adjust. Had tried other apps but this 1 was the most helpful. Haven't yet tried the recipes but they look easy to follow. Only downside is I can't find where to change my goal weight. Other than that its defiantly worth using.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Calorie Counter by FatSecret (App)
Anyone who has used the weight watcher online site will appreciate this calorie counter... uses exactly the same principles, so it is easy to use and has helped me lose a stone in 7 weeks so far!! So it is all good!! :D

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I wanted, 15 Mar 2013
elcee (East Anglia U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Calorie Counter by FatSecret (App)
I was looking for Something I could take to the. supermarket. You have to be online to use this
Making it useless for me

Calorie Counter by FatSecret