5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely camera, easy to use, great pictures.
I have been an amateur phtographer for about 50 years, many cameras in that time. Current main camera is a NIKON D-90. But this is rather heavy and a bit bulky for everyday use and my old small digital Olympus with only 3 Mixels is now a bit dated and lacking facilities. I have had several Olympus cameras over the years and never been disapointed.
After looking at...
Published on 27 Jun 2012 by crono99

3.0 out of 5 stars Imaging results
this product cannot help you settings automatically, and if you do not know how to set up, you will probably get bad images. Setting like sunny, cloudy or indoors are very important, and if use the wrong setting, the images turn brown or yellow. overall the imaging result is not as clear as I expect.
Published 19 months ago by Ken

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely camera, easy to use, great pictures., 27 Jun 2012
After looking at multiple reviews I decided the VR-340 looked a very good option for everyday 'carry it around in a pocket' camera.
I am absolutly delighted with it! The service was excellent in that it arrived (by post) very quickly, well within the advertised time and was securely packaged.
A great little camera for anyone wanting a pocket-size digital camera with a good optical zoom. Easy to use for quick 'snaps' it also has lots of features which I am still getting to grips with, should keep me occupied for years!
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A first-class small camera; an XA replacement at last?, 25 July 2012
This is a first-class small digital camera. It produces excellent images for a camera this size and fits easily into a pocket. It's a competitive price point for cameras but having researched widely before buying, I'm very happy with this and highly recommend it.

Those with long memories might remember the Olympus XA cameras. They were iconic small 35 mm film cameras with high quality lenses that fitted easily into a pocket. I had an XA2 and took it everywhere, from tourist jaunts to alpine mountaineering, and whether with film or slide it produced top notch images albeit a little restricted by having a fixed 35 mm lens. As time and technology moved on the XA cameras were replaced by others that somehow failed to live up to the standard. Sure, the mju series had zoom lenses but they were bigger and the images never as crisp. Up to now digital cameras have either been too bulky or too coarse in their resolution to compare.

But for me this camera is, finally and after many years, one that can replace the XA cameras. It's about the same size (ever so slightly wider and thinner), has a built-in flash, a zoomable good quality lens with a sensible aperture range, a range of shooting modes and, like the XA cameras, a robust metal body. The images I've taken with it so far are good quality. If you read the website reviews about this camera, many of them note the images 'lack vibrancy'. Well, they have to say something in a review but that's not something I've noticed; mine are just fine, thanks.

I find it easy to use, the controls falling naturally to hand and the menus are sensible and easily accessed. About the only negative things I have to say about it is that the wrist-strap attachment point is on the right hand side as you look at the back of the camera, so you have to use it on your right wrist. I'd have preferred the option to use it on my left wrist, but that5's just my preference.

So I like this camera a lot. Sure, it's not going to compete with an SLR on image quality but then again it is only the size of a pack of cards. If the best camera is the one you have with you, then this highly pocketable camera may well be the best camera you ever buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 26 April 2012
Fantastic camera for the money, good spec & pretty robust. Easy to use menu, an ideal hold & shoot camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab camera!, 30 July 2012
This camera is sleek and stylish, easy to handle and operate. Best price on Internet for purchase and a speedy safe delivery. This camera has some great functions on it, the only down side is that there is a couple of seconds gap between being able to take each picture, but you can even make voice over recording notes to pictures taken, its great! Overall a great buy and I am happy with it and would recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus VR-340, 25 Aug 2012
Nigel Fenwick (Sheffield, England.) - See all my reviews
We received this camera within 3 days of placing the Order.
This camera is a replacement for our Olympus C-560 (which we were very satisfied with), and has proved to be a much better camera. Although it is ever so slightly bigger it has a bigger zoom and has more pixels, resulting in sharper photos.. We are very safisfied. Nigel & Jayne.

5.0 out of 5 stars VR340 camera, 26 Aug 2012
Very pleased with this camera,since I am no David Bailey.All you
need to know is in the instruction booklet that you can download.does what a camera does best...Take photos oh!and it takes videos also.If I can use it anybody can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus digital compact camera VR-340, 28 Jun 2012
Bought this as a present for my girlfriend, it's in purple and she loves this colour at the moment. Big rear screen, 16 MP's 10x super wide optical zoom and made of metal, 1 hell of a camera for the money wished i bought it for myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars olympus vr340, 1 Oct 2012
Peter A. Palmer (essex. uk) - See all my reviews
Have only had this about 2 months, got it to replace a casio which got dropped in the sea! It seems similar in operation to the casio (but 10x instead of 4x zoom) so I thought it was a friend. I find I have to use it in manual mode all the time though as the auto mode wants to use flash most of the time resulting in wash-out of the pictures. The screen gives a much brighter image than in reality so I shot quite a lot of pictures using a reduced exposure compensation only to find the prints when I had them done were rather dark. The camera choice of film speed is also very slow (meaning that shutter speed is slow) so taking pictures of moving objects (ie children - who never stand still) results in blurred images. I therefore had to set film speed manually. As with all cameras these days the megapixels are far in excess of anything needed expect for something the size of a poster so I set mine at 8megapix (even thats more than normally needed). It does have a super macro setting though that allows you to focus down to a few millimeters. I must say I havnt tried the beaty setting although I have tried the drawing function on magic which gives the appearance of a sketch (still much too white but can be toned down by computer software. the panorama function is quite good if you like that sort of thing but the camera doesnt do it you have to use software supplied on your computer to do this. Dont get me wrong the camera is ok and does the job I want, but if you just want to use it on auto I think you may not be satisfied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Little Camera, 28 Oct 2012
S Smith - See all my reviews
This is a camera for those of us who know absolutely nothing about photography. It is extremely simple to use and the accompanying instructions are clear and not too "technical"
However it is also a camera that would encourage a new would be photographer to learn more, because the results using the simple settings are excellent, and have certainly encouraged me to experiment further with it.
I have owned this camera for a few weeks only so have still a lot to discover, but it's a very good little camera and I have no hesitation in recommending it.

5.0 out of 5 stars DONT GET BOTHERED BY BAD REVIEWS, 9 Feb 2013
This camera is totally amazing and totally works,

Every camera in amazon has a nad review or two or more. Which makes it really hard to decide, so i took mu chances this time has desperetely needed, and to go abroad.

From my experiences i learnt dont bother with bad reviews, well not if theres too many but especislly for this camera, has charging ports easier than ever.

Theres nothing really bad about it to be honest. It simply just works easy to control easy to work.

I say BUY IT NOW if you need it with a memory card, hope i helped.