5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus VG-170 Digital Compact Camera
I was in the market for buying a camera so the 1st place I went to was Amazon.co.uk,after reading the reviews the camera that I decided
to buy was the Olympus VG-170.
It does every thing I want and more,I am still learning to use this camera to its full potential.
The shopping experience at Amazon could't have been easier,the camera arrived within three...
Published on 19 July 2012 by Alex

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good camera
Camera come with wrong colour, ordered in white received in black!!! Look and feel very light and cheap, photos are just OK flash is too strong for shoots up to 4 feet, colours go wash-out. I will return the camera as is the wrong one.
Published 8 months ago by romolo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Initial problems - but all sorted by Amazon, 10 Sep 2012
This review is from: Olympus VG-170 Digital Compact Camera - Red (14MP, 5x Wide Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD (Electronics)
I bought this item as a present for my wife and, when ordering this item, I paid for 1-day delivery with an expected delivery day of a Saturday.

Ultimately, the item was delivered at 4.15pm on the following Monday.

On checking with both Amazon and the delivery service on the Saturday, the package was flagged as having been delivered at 12.00 noon that day (Saturday) - and this may have been true - but it wasn't delivered to me!

I contacted Amazon on Saturday evening and they said that they would sort everything out and, true to form, they did and the item was duly delivered - albeit two day later than I'd paid for. Amazon have said that they will refund the postage.

The next problem came when I opened the box - I was (and am still) not convinced the camera was brand new and unused - upon opening the box (which wasn't sealed) there were two fingerprints on the camera's viewing screen and the SD card was missing.

Fortunately I have a spare SD card which means that my wife will be able to use the camera but I am not impressed with this transaction so far. Let's hope the camera itself exceeds our expectations but I'm not holding my breath...

Update to the comments above.

Amazon have assured me that the camera IS brand new and, as the SD card was missing have given me a 20% discount. This seems like a very suitable solution and I have accepted their offer gracefully.

As for the camera: it's small and lightweight and the pictures my wife has taken so far seem quite acceptable. So, for the price this seems like a reasonable, inexpensive point-and-shoot camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 July 2014