1,227 of 1,260 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Expert or point and press, this suits all
Being an expert in photography, (University level), I differ in my outlook as regards photography. I wanted a camera that was both flexible and good quality and I have used Fujifilm cameras before without problems. I must have checked the specs of several hundreds of cameras over a month. It had to be possible to use the camera as both quick 'point and shoot' or for a...
Published 20 months ago by Livinglegend

3.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, but...
Have lost previous camera (same make, older model), with which I was very happy. Decided to go for same make, newer model. First impression is that camera is less solid than older model. Batteries provided were flat (not rechargeable ones), put new ones in and took about 10 test pictures. Extremely satisfied. Did not touch camera for 10 days. Trip out to the seaside...
Published 20 months ago by Massimo MAGLIA

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 533 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bridge camera, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix S4500 Digital Camera (14MP, 30x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD Screen (Electronics)
This is a great camera for anyone who wants something more than a compact but less than a SLR.
It has some neat tricks to it (smile detector and panoramic function to name but two) and I was so impressed by the one that I brought my wife for Christmas; that I updated my own camera to one in the New Year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, 26 Mar 2013
It not only meets my expectations, it exceeds them and I have already recommended it to others and will continue to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars S4500 digital camera, 17 Mar 2013
being new to carmera's i found this camera nice and easy to use and the vido on it is fab

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 30 Dec 2012
J. Gallivan (Merseyside, England) - See all my reviews
Still getting used to it but seems a good camera for the money - not looking for anything hi-tec, just a camera with a viewfinder as I get really frustrated with glare on LCDs.

Delivery very impressive - free delivery option, ordered on 28th November evening, arrived on 30th.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birthday Present, 5 Dec 2012
I bought this as a birthday present for my wife, she originaly want a Pentax becuase of its name and features, she was delighted with the FujiFilm S4500 as it does all of the same things a Pentax does and the photos are really exellent, the cost is much cheaper that the Pentax and my wife was over the moon.

2.0 out of 5 stars No battery life, 6 Jan 2013
Martin Kidman (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
The reason I have given it a two is that I would imaging (Although I didn't have it long enough) it does take decent photographs. Unfortunately, being a novice cameraman I cannot comment too much on picutre quality though... However, this camera was (for me) completely impracticle, see below:

The reason I purcahsed this item was that I thought I would move on to a "better" camera having used compacts in the past (Usually Cannon). The compacts had always given decent images and are easy to carry around and you don't need to charge that often. When I put in the batteries that came with the unit they ran out after taking 2 photo's. I thought that the batteries must have just been cheap ones and that they may have drained in the package etc. so I bought some top of the range Duracell thinking that these would be much better... No, after about FIVE photgraphs (not five times using the camera and taking some photos, just five photographs) the screen was going "grainy" and the batteries died. If like me when you go away on holiday or go out for the day, you will tkae more than 5 photographs (I sometimes take the same one five times just to get a decent one with a 2 year old that won't keep still). You would have to use about 200 batteries if you took this camera on holiday with you.

I returned the item and was given a full refund and the service/delivery etc was all excellent so I can't fault that, but this is a review of the product.

I ended up going back to a "point and shoot" (I think they call it: Canon Powershot SX260 HS GPS)and straight away you realise how superior Lithium ion cells are too batteries (And cheaper!). Even though the cannon was way more expensive I will never have to buy 1000's of batteries and have a camera that will stay powered up all day plus the pictures are good too....

5.0 out of 5 stars well pleased with this purchase., 3 Nov 2013
This camera was a bargain, It is everything I want it to be. Long lens, good grip, eye level viewfinder, ideal
first or second camera. Pictures are sharp, plenty of adjustment for the more ambitious user. I find using it on
automatic perfectly acceptable. Any bad reviews this camera gets, I think is down to the user and not the camera.

3.0 out of 5 stars happy snapper, 17 Jan 2013
I have been looking for a reasonable quality entry camera to replace
Canon AE1 I had for so long. Fancied an easier or lazier style this time,
all in one zoom, with eye view-finder and screen. All rather pricey until
this came along. Feels like fair value and with a variety of camera options
to try out. You get what you pay for but I feel this little camera will
punch well above its weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera!!, 4 Nov 2012
This camera is great for beginners to photography. I have found a recent passion for photography and bought this camera ( Not through amazon) i liked the idea of dslr's but I disliked the price of them. I got this and the zoom is amazing!!! 30 times zoom which is much better than most bridge cameras. I have improved much with this camera and wish to continue with it for many years!:) A great camera! The super macro mode is especially good and the sport mode!:) I would recomend to anyone wishing to start photography!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely pleased with ease of use and quality of shots...., 25 Mar 2014
Having decided to change our digital camera for something a little bit better, we scoured the internet for the right camera at the right price. Eventually we whittled a selection of cameras down to the S4500 and were swayed by the many good reviews it seemed to get from users.
Amazon delivered in a flash (as usual) and before we knew it we were up and running. The instructions are fine and I would recommend they are read from cover to cover for the best use to be made of the cornucopia of choices the camera has to offer both the avid and novice photographer alike.
Both my wife and I have found that we do not use the manual selections as the results from the auto and SP settings have been far beyond our expectations. The clarity of shot and ability to zoom into a subject and still take a clear, sharp picture is excellent. It is, without a doubt, the best camera we have ever had and for the price, that for us is a double whammy.
The fact that the batteries are AA's was a bonus and it proved to be to our advantage as we forgot to recharge the batteries we had and so popped into the shop and bought replacements until we were able to recharge the ones we had. But, as said before, when changing batteries around, just make sure you select, on the camera, the type of batteries you are going to use, it does make a difference to the amount of usage you get from the batteries.
So, if you are reading this and are unsure which camera to choose, I would, without a doubt, suggest the Fufifilm FinePix S4500 for ease of use and selection of choices which range from fully automatic point and shoot to manual selection for truly bespoke shots. There is something for everyone, the novice and the pro.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 533 | Next ›