5.0 out of 5 stars The Dog's Danglies
I have been a semi-pro photographer -part of my job in Tech Pubs- since 1968, mostly industrial with weddings and things on the side at weekends when I could not get out of them.
I also was on-call working freelance for a couple of local papers.
So you could say I have an idea of what makes a good camera. Well I don't, as every job might require a different...
Published 18 months ago by Jeff

3.0 out of 5 stars Convenient and reasonable value
Previous Cameras include a Minolta Konica bridge camera of 10 years ago, panasonic compact TZ6 and a panasonic G1 4:3 with 2 lenses. These affect my opinion of this camera. I traded the G1 because of the inconvenience of changing lenses. The tilting lcd screen is useful for low level close-ups of flowers and for holding the camera high above the head but it only tilts in...
Published on 28 April 2012 by P. Brun

‹ Previous | 115 16 17 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Troubled, 4 Dec 2012
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR Digital Camera (16MP EXR-CMOS Sensor, 30x Manual Optical Zoom) 3 inch Tiltable LCD Screen (Electronics)
I like my HS30, but why didn't they fit it with a cable release.I have the 9600 and that has it on the button and is very handy.All the refinements they have made and they miss out an important one like that.I can of course use the 2 second shutter release,but by the time you take your eye off the shot to set it the bird has flown !!Buyers beware.I forgot to check what wasn't thier,make sure you check.Would have been 5 stars except for this omission.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good while it lasted!, 11 Nov 2012
Got this as a replacement for a faulty fujifilm camera (not an Amazon purchase). Lasted about 24 hours! It developed a fault, not unlike the predecessor it replaced, won't focus, therefore won't take a photo. Useless. Buy something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fujifilm FinePix HS30EXR, 7 Jun 2012
Have not used the camera to its full capacity yet, but so far I have found it very good value for money

2.0 out of 5 stars Bridge Camera, 12 Dec 2012
I was looking to replace an existing Bridge Camera [24 x zoom] and the Fuji manual zoom was attractive as a battery saver with possibly better control over zoom selection.
My initial reaction was that the quality and feel was not as good. A brief comparison of performance showed the auto-focus not so positive - with a lot of 'hunting' at comparable long zoom settings. The results were not not so sharp. The camera has been returned.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm..., 30 Dec 2012
Jury is still out on this one. Camera is a great substitute for the SLRs when taking stills but not yet to grips with the motion shots.

1.0 out of 5 stars Was defect from the first moment on!, 29 Oct 2013
Received this camera defected!!!
Was not able to shot even one photo!!!
Very pity that there is no quality control!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Poor packing ? Bad handling, 20 Mar 2013
When delivered the camera was signed for by another member of my family who did not notice damage to the outer cardboard box,
When I opened it up it seemed that something had been forced through the outer packing into the top of the actual Fuji box and cracked the enclosed CD. That was the extent of the damage and the camera works perfectly. The reason for four stars is solely due to packing and handling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and compact, 31 Jan 2013
My first digital camera was a Fuji Film bridge camera time for an update, when the rain stops! try out the Velvia and Provia settings

4.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive dim light photo., 14 Oct 2012
This is an upgrade from my 5 1/2 year old Kodak Easyshare P712 as it's pop up flash fails to pop up. After more than 5 years, I thought I deserve an upgrade as Kodak don't produce "P" moels any more and out of warranty( Plus it was only 7.1 MP then again DSLR's were 10 MP then ). I've not used it very much yet so only a modest rating. Dim light Photos impressed me without flash. My Kodak is no slouch but needed flash. There is slight lens distortion at 24 mm at the edges which is something I don't see with my Kodak witout zoom. Perhaps a prize for long zoom.
The camera is very good for scenery and static photos especially in bright light. Macro is also very impressive. However there were plenty of movement artifacts in photos. My old Kodak never produce a blurry one ( ? CMOS vs CCD Sensor )although it may not catch the shot you want and struggle with bright background.Fuji's Face detection sometimes focus on faces that you don't want. Menu is managable but not the simplest and user friendly. Need a lot of experience and definitely not for novice. Panorama is a tad more difficult then stitch ones as it won't stitch less than certain degrees. (<120*). Unless you complete the sweep to particular degree it won't complete the shot. Moving things came out as ghost images but static scenes were Superb!! Overall 4 out of 5 is a fair rating. Without blurry artifacts and tricky Panorama, it could be 6 out of 5 with a lot of good features rivaling SLR adjustability barring sensor size!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Fuji's guarantee means nothing!, 3 Feb 2013
This is just a general comment on all Fuji products. We have in the past bought 5 cameras from them and been satisfied. Our latest purchase was via Amazon and within the first year the on/off switch fell off. We took this up with Amazon who told us to contact Fuji directly as it was under guarantee. Fuji told us to send the camera back and they would check it. They then accused us of damaging it ourselves and said we would have to pay for the repair. We always treat our possessions with great care and were shocked to get that response. They refused to repair our camera or send it back unless we paid the postage.They had our camera 2 months and in the end they offered to repair it for half the cost. We agreed just so we could get our camera back. Eventually we received it back, but found it had additional problems, that were not there before and affected its use. We contacted Fuji again, who told us to send it back (at our cost) for futher evaluation. We replied to them that this was unreasonable and we would not continue using their products. We have now gone back to buying Nikons, as we have had no problems with them.

‹ Previous | 115 16 17 | Next ›