4.0 out of 5 stars Great camera for the price, especially in low light
This is tough. I've spent a LOT of time experimenting with this camera and also comparing it with other compacts at similar prices. No one camera is brilliant at everything, of course. This, like all the others I tried, has strengths and weaknesses. Overall, I'd have no hesitation in recommending it. It will satisfy most people looking for a sub-£200 pocket snapper...
Published on 7 Oct 2012 by Mr Gumby

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value but some flaws
I'm writing this review having spent a month testing the camera alongside my other compacts, superzooms, mirrorless cameras and DSLRs (yes I collect too many cameras I admit). I make this point just because I want to emphasise that I have no brand loyalties (I own Fuji, Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic and Olympus cameras/lenses) and am thinking about this camera's pros and...
Published on 24 Sep 2012 by TheProf

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Camera, 16 Mar 2013
Very nice camera but takes some getting used to with all the different settings. Took some fiddling to stop it from bleaching out the colour from all the pictures. Quick Delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Oct 2014
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix F660EXR Digital Camera - Red (16MP EXR-CMOS Sensor, 15x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD Screen (Electronics)
Very good

4.0 out of 5 stars Fujifilm FinepixF660EXR, 9 Aug 2012
Wanting to update my digital camera I searched the Internet for a pocket size with Advanced settings. After a while I found this camera on a website with specifications exactly as required. Having had some tuition I wanted to try RAW setting.On a certain shop website it said that it supported RAW files.That made my decision.This camera had everything I wanted.I ordered it from Amazon as I am always satisfied with service and delivery.The camera is great but I cannot find RAW settings. Have come to the conclusion that they do not exist.

2.0 out of 5 stars F660EXR Low Light Performance, 16 Jun 2012
The camera was bought for my wife to be able to take reasonable photos of the kids indoors without using a flash.
Having read reviews on a selection of cameras before making this purchase, I had high hopes for the F660EXR.
However it became apparent within 15-20 shots that the low light performance of this camera is not as I had anticipated.
Shots were blurred, soft and displayed high levels of noise. I tried taking shots with as many setting combinations as I could find from auto shooting to manual adjustment, but after 60-70 attempts I decided that camera was simply not up to the task.
I have been using a DSLR for some years now and therefore have a reasonable understanding of how to manipulate camera settings to achieve an acceptable image. Maybe my expectations of point and shoot cameras is too high, but having researched before buying, this sounded like an ideal camera for anyone to pick up, switch on and capture low light images with.
I have to say that the zoom was fast and quiet. Also the focusing was quick and I liked the shutter and flash operations.
I can't comment on too many of the other features because as soon as I had decided that it wasn't right for us I packed it back in the box.
There is no doubt that this camera is option heavy and for other users with different needs I have a feeling that it would be excellent, but for my particular low light requirements it was not up to scratch and therefore I have to mark it down.
Also, the charger supplied had a UK 3 pin plug (I noted that another reviewer received a charger with a 2 pin plug).
I have returned the camera and will try another model, possibly a Canon Powershot SX220HS, a Nikon S8200 or a Panasonic TX18.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke it the day it arrived, 21 May 2014
I think the camera shape and way that you hold it to take a picture is a design flaw as it can easily slip out of your hand, as it did mine, moments after taking it out of the box. It was broken within a hour and I really regretted buying this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong charger, 16 Mar 2012
Ordered my camera some time ago and finally received it yesterday. No English instructions and the battery charger is for a two pin plug rather than for the UK. Apparently the camera is sent from France hence these problems. The only solution is to return the camera (more hassle) and get a refund. When I enquired about a replacement I was told this would again come from France (with the wrong plug) - there does not appear to be a UK version. Disappointing after the wait. Disappointing that this was not made clear when ordering the item.

1.0 out of 5 stars we bought this twice before giving up and getting a canon, 29 Mar 2013
first one lacked a charger and had clearly been an ex display model ( evidenced by the photos on the camera)
second one had black spot in the image (sort of like macular degeneration if you are lcuky enough to have an idea of that ailment)

1.0 out of 5 stars The camera, 7 Dec 2013
Thing

It is terrible and can not go to deep without the extras which cost double the camera which is why yo u should not get this camera

1.0 out of 5 stars Where is it?, 12 July 2012
On 9 July I ordered a Fuji Fine pix F660 camera from Amazon in a package including a camera case and Sandisk card. Since it was a present for my wife's 80th birthday on 15 July I paid extra for next day delivery. A camera case and Sandisk did arrive next day but 4 days later I have just been informed that the camera has been despatched - standard delivery - from Switzerland and so will not arrive in time for my wife's birthday.So on Sunday in front of 40 guests at lunch I will just have a camera case to hold up as my present c/o Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars meh, 11 Mar 2013
It took some good pictures, but the quality wasnt that great. Probebly because i can't couldnt us it properly.
It broke directly when i took it skiing, so it cant take a hit.