5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for taking on holiday
I got my husband one of these to replace his Panasonic FZ100 on a walking tour of Spain. The FZ is great - but bulky and cumbersome for a walking holiday. this one was used a point and click camera for snapshots - and there were stunning in their clarity and colour.
Published 23 months ago by Grumbleguts

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless battery life
Would have given this five stars, but the battery life is useless. I get 15 minutes max out of it and less if I use the movie mode. The rest of the camera is great!
Published 13 months ago by michelle rikh

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for taking on holiday, 17 Aug 2012
Grumbleguts (Aberdeen Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm T400 Digital Camera - Black (16MP, 10x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD Screen (Electronics)
I'm not a photographer - but I couldn't see any difference in the finished results from anything taken on my husbands' larger 'all the bells and whistles' type cameras.
It simply does everything you'd want - takes a greatpicture, is simple to use - and not bulky at all.
It's compact and light - and fits neatly into a trouser pocket. It also came with a free carry case which is adequate for dust and water protection. it's not a solid case - so if you expect bumps or drops - maybe a firmer case would be more use.

I also bought a spare battery and a charger so that he wold always have a charged battery handy. I got these on Amazon very cheaply too.
Much cheaper than such items for more expensive cameras.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Camera!, 28 Jan 2013
A nice little camera that produces excellent picture quality - ideal to keep with you for those moments when you need a camera quickly and this one produces hi-end results

4.0 out of 5 stars What's in the box?, 22 Nov 2012
Not enough information on the website about what's in the box and despite an email to Amazon, they did not come back to me with product details. So decided to order it and look for myself... In the box: Digital Camera Finepix T400, rechargeable battery (NP-45A or NP-45B), AC Power Adaptor, hand strap, USB cable, CD-ROM (Software and Owner's Manual).

The battery is charged by placing it in the camera, connecting the USB cable to the camera at one end and the power adaptor to the other end, then plugging it into the mains. So, you may need a spare battery and certainly will need an SD card.

Have had Fujifilm Finepix cameras in the past and they've all been great. This one is for a gift, so can't comment on its performance yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 4 Feb 2013
Perfect camera for the price - very reasonable. Panorama mode is good. . . . . . . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera, 3 Jan 2013
Brought as a present for my purple loving daughter. The camera arrived on time (within 3 days from ordering) and she loves it. Good battery life, excellent photo's, simple to operate with lots of neat features that she is still learning to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 2 Jan 2013
I have had a fuji camera for five years and been very happy with it but felt I needed one that did a bit more. My old one has only 5 zoom, doubling that to 10 has given me some fantastic pictures. The T400 is less expensive than my
Z20 but so far I am extremely pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!, 11 Jan 2013
Works perfectly well! Great quality could not believe how many different settings there were am very very happy and pleased!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fuijifilm Camera T400, 15 Oct 2012
Searched various websites before buying this camera, one persons report was very critical,which made me hesitate, but I need not have worried, Camera arrived in perfect condition, and works a dream, I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.However one complaint I hate the current trend of no manual I much prefer to study how to use from a book with camera to hand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Replacement camera, 8 Feb 2013
My previous camera was a Fujifilm and as I was having trouble with battery and on/off button I decided to replace it with the Fujifilm T400.What a sesible decision.A much improved camera and easy to get used to

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 15 Sep 2013
I was looking for a replacement decent camera, this seem to fit the bill at 68.99 (August 2013)

The good:
i) screen size 3 inch LCD
ii) funky purple case colour
iii) slimline style

The bad:
i) When brand new the battery is loose in it's compartment, this is a huge design flaw. So after fully charging the battery, when I pressed the power on button it doesn't work or jams after working. There is movement in how the battery sits in the slot due to a little arm holding it, only it's loose (I mailed the supplier and they said they are all like this, i.e. loose battery fit to camera). It's such a poor design.
ii) Also the battery loses charge pretty quickly from when fully charged, and it's still brand new!
iii) When I press the shutter button to shoot, sometimes it does nothing (even at full battery charge) you have to press it twice, by which time you have missed the shot!
iv) The quality of shots is not great, especially the evening/party ones, quite grainy.
v) While charging there is no clear symbol to show how much charge the battery is currently at.
vi) Left the battery to charge overnight only to find that despite being correctly plugged in it didn't charge up.

This has been a disappointing purchase because I really liked the look of this camera and its specification and large screen. However I will be returning this and look for another brand which has better quality, and I will not be buying any more Fujifilm cameras. They look good and are reasonably priced, but they seem to be of poor quality, plastic bits in key components, I don't think it will last very long.

Best avoided unless you are taking really basic shots and can risk throwing away your money when it breaking a few months down the line. Poor battery compartment design and poor battery life too.