5.0 out of 5 stars Camera in right hand, while left hand grips the canoe...
Published 17 months ago by Bloodhound

3.0 out of 5 stars Good camera and value for the price
Published on 11 Aug 2012 by V. Guerin

5.0 out of 5 stars Camera in right hand, while left hand grips the canoe..., 29 May 2013
We bought this simple 'point-and-shoot' camera last summer (2012) as something to capture a few holiday pics with whilst on holiday in France. In particular, we planned to canoe along the Ardeche River and wanted something we could comfortably operate one-handed as we splashed and bobbed downstream, as my 'main camera' (Fujifilm S5000, many years old...) really needs both hands to hold it steady and certainly would not survive a dunk in the water.

After picking up and holding a variety of waterproof 'point-and-shoot' type cameras in our local John Lewis store, this felt the best. Snug in my right hand, with the hand strap securely looped around my wrist, the Fujifilm XP150 can be switched on, the view framed and zoomed in on, and snapped for posterity in a jiffy. Meanwhile your left hand is free to grip on to something else; canoe, dog lead, bicycle handle bar etc.

Picture quality doesn't disappoint. The lens has a wide-angled feel to it and it captures a lot of the peripheral view. GPS tagged also. It has the option to record HD 1080p video, but we don't use this feature.

We thought we would only use it the once taking holiday pics in the sea, or on a river, but I have it tucked away with me all the time these days. Shoved in a pocket when my wife and I go walking the dog mostly, or when I'm out cycling. Would also recommend a 'gorilla grip' tripod. I've hardly used my main camera since.

Recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good camera and value for the price, 11 Aug 2012
V. Guerin - See all my reviews
I purchased this camera as the specifications appeared to suit our family's picture taking requirements. It is a sturdy camera that can withstand water and impact. I love the fact that it takes good underwater shots. It is lacking in clarity for other pictures, and I found the Scene Recognition to take too long in determining the right focus. I was disappointed when bringing the camera to special occasions where I wanted the pictures to be captured with clarity, but this camera is suitable for everyday use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 4 Jun 2012
Very pleased with the camera. Excellent sharp,pictures colours true to life. Have already dropped the camera by mistake and it was fine. However you need to be careful not to put your finger ove the lens like I have done a few times. It's easy to forget the lens is in the corner of the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Buy, 9 July 2012
Bought this camera for a diving trip to Egypt and have come back with some excellent pictures. Easy to use and a great intoduction to underwater photography.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing underwater function - now leaking, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix XP150 Digital Waterproof Camera - Silver (14MP CMOS, 5x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD Screen with GPS (Electronics)
We purchased this in 2012 for the sole reason that it was waterproof and shockproof. Obviously the waterproof function is rarely used so it has unfortunately taken 2 years to find out that the camera leaks. After returning from a recent holiday, the opening catches have become corroded and also the inside parts are starting to corrode. I have contacted Amazon and hope to hear a reply. Just want a replacement because it's a good camera other than this, Just won't bother to use underwater again.

4.0 out of 5 stars XP150, 21 May 2012
This is very versitile camera, it takes great pictures in all conditions. The gps is a handy aspect for me as I travel a lot.

1.0 out of 5 stars OK on the first two holidays but now leaks so is completely useless., 27 April 2014
Bought specifically for use when snorkelling on holidays. Was OK on the first two trips but now leaks so is completely useless.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, 29 Jan 2014
The FinePix XP150 for the best price and best performance. great videos underwater. Even great on night pictures. No sand or dirt will stop it from shooting

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Camera, 22 Nov 2013
The camera is strong and works well, though if you want it for taking pictures then I would look else where. The quality was very poor I found, especially underwater. But if you are wanting to record video and there is quite sunny then the quality is brilliant. For the price I can't complain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, brilliant price, 4 Nov 2013
Brilliant camera, very solid. It's obviously a little bigger than a normal digital camera but with its specs it's definitely worth it.