4.0 out of 5 stars Very good group 1,2,3 seat
I've always purchased seats that are stage specific in order to avoid any compromise on safety, and so far all my purchases have been Britax. However I really like the Graco Nautilus Elite, and more importantly, my children like it too. If you are considering a seat that can cope with group 1, 2 and 3 this is an excellent option.

The seat is well made, easy to...
Published 10 months ago by antom

2.0 out of 5 stars Recline feature is not fit for purpose.
On first delivery this is a very well made item. It needs minimal assembling. It has a cup/bottle holder and a little storage. The chair expands upwards easily by using a hand lever on the back. The head restraints are also adjustable.

Published 9 months ago by Jennifers Daddy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good group 1,2,3 seat, 31 Aug. 2014
antom "antom" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Graco Nautilus Elite Group 1/2/3 Car Seat (Monaco) (Baby Product)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The seat is well made, easy to adjust, feels secure and safe, and the drinks holder and cubby holes in the arms are very useful and really appreciated by the kids. I've tested it with both my eighteen month old (group 1 configuration) and four year old (group 2 configuration), and both children seemed comfortable and happy, and securing them into the seat was easy and straightforward.

Having a multi-stage seat is useful, not just for the extra years you'll get out of the seat, but also for the flexibility it offers if your family has multiple kids and cars. That said, the flexibility in stage adaptation results in compromises that mean this seat will not match the best in class at each stage. There is no ISO fix to keep the seat securely attached when empty (handy if you forget use the seat belt to secure the empty seat), and no padded seat belt chest strap, both of which are useful features on the group 2/3 Britax KIDFIX XP SICT. Likewise there is no top tether for extra impact stability, as available on the group 1 Britax Duo Plus.

My only other reason for not stretching to the full five stars was due to the manual, which is okay but hard to follow in places. For example, converting the seat from group 1 to 2 is quite simple and straightforward once you master it, but I have to say that the manual is not as clear as I would have liked, and contains a couple of errors and rather ambiguous diagrams. Thus a bit of trial and error is needed. It's worth watching the the YouTube video "Changing the Graco Nautilus Elite from stage 1 to stage 2" to get a quick overview before you attempt it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Recline feature is not fit for purpose., 2 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Why only 2*? To use the recline feature, the chair base must fully be in contact with the seat. This means it cannot be used with smaller temporary seats, such as those in the rear row of a Zafira. Secondly, if the seat is fitted well (e.g., with little or no movement) then the seat cannot physically recline without being removed from the car first. Basically the mechanism for reclining is not the back moving, but the front leading edge moving up and down (only a few CM). It's the same as putting a small book under the front of the seat. A very poor design on what is otherwise a very nice chair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest Opinion - Recommended - Please Read, 25 Jan. 2015
PROS
Comfy, Sturdy, Sits well in a car, Easy to install, Easy in and out for your child. Over all Fantastic, Best Buy

CONS
Supposed to recline, what's the point, might as well take this feature off the description. The clipping mech not the easiest, Takes Practice!

OVERALL
The seat is defiantly the best in its class for the money. I would hazard to say that it is the bast over all the possible car seats on the market. However as I have not tested them all I cant really make that comparison, but in my opinion it was a smart buy. there is extra padding that makes you wish that you had one to sit in, lots of pockets and a drinks cup holder (not that my 10 month old know s what to do with these yet). The seat sits well in the car with a hard base, making it very sturdy, there is a retaining clip to keep the seatbelt taught so that the seat does not move, and the seat is easy to install and remove from the car. Of course the head rest adjusts bonus perk but not required, may be good for children with weaker spines (speculation only?). Also, the head rest moves up and down depending on the size and age of the child. The belt harness inside the seat is of good quality and I can see that from a safety stand point this is the best that is out there - (think rally car seat).

As I Said there are a couple of drawbacks: Firstly the seat is advertised as reclinable, they may as well take this feature off the description, the seat moves literally one inch in either direction making no difference what so ever, however this is off set with the comfort and padding in the seat making it not needed anyway. Secondly I find the straps stiff to move, not sure yet if there is a way to loosen them so that they can be tightened and loosened while putting my child in the seat and securing him (this could just need some use or WD40 in the right place??). Finally: the clips that overlap each other doesn't sit in any sort of groove so can make it difficult to clip each side of the harness in, this take some practise so expect to get wet when your stood trying to clip your Child in, in a hurry because it has just started to throw it down with rain and sleet, however this would probably be easier to do if I could loosen the straps and tighten them once my child has been clipped in to the seat???

Top and Bottom of it is that overall I would recommend this seat to anyone that was looking for quality and a medium ranged every stage car seat. Please don't get me wrong there are far more advantages to this seat than disadvantages, paramount of these relate to comfort and safety, which is the most important this when purchasing a children's car seat.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is easy to adapt between the two sizes, 23 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have used this now with our one year old and five year old. It is easy to adapt between the two sizes. It feels well padded and sturdy.

My problem with it, is the size. It is very substantial which in our teeny tiny Peugeot 207 means that the chair overhangs the seatbelt button and it is really difficult to click it in without losing skin from your knuckles! Think carefully if you are in the small car club.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort, Practicality, Security and the Look..has it all and makes it well worth the money spent, 2 Feb. 2015
Our princess simply loves her new seat. It's high enough so she look out of the window, that has made world of a difference for us :). She looks so comfortably in it and enjoys the ride as much as we do. I had to do plenty of research before buying this one, and I looked into various things like safety, height, comfort/cushioning esp. because she is only 16 month old so I was worried about a lot of things. And, although initially I was bit skeptic, esp. about the limited recline option. So I wasn't sure if she would be able to take a comfortable nap during a trip. But after using just a little bit of extra cushion that we put around her neck so it stays straight while she's sleeping, it's just perfect. I am soo glad all that effort has been quite worthed. And, not to mention that cup holder does come in handy. To be fair I can't really say if there may be any better ones out there. But considering we looked into soo many big brand stores and returned two other brand car seats before settling with this one. I think it's quite a find for us and seems like a long lasting one as well. So no complaints and well recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality car seat, 11 Sept. 2014
Steven Brown (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Got this as needed a spare seat for grand parents, but have ended up using it in my own, and giving them the old Britax Evolva seat (which I was never impressed with).

Was much easier to install than the Britax, you simply thread the car seat belt through the back and clip it in, then pull the seat belt tight. Even though it looks like you're not covering off a lot of points (as opposed to other seats where you loop through in different locations), the stability of the seat is very good, and I'm happy is quite safe.

In terms of comfort, the seat is good. Nice big chair, feels solid, and the wee cup holder is a nice touch. Maybe doesn't recline quite enough for a child who prefers to be more laid back when sleeping, but it's still pretty good.

Only thing I found that was a bit of a pain was the shoulder strap adjustment. This had a similar mechanism to the Britax, and can be a fiddle before you can release the straps enough if required. Not enough to make the seat annoying, but enough to drop a star off what would otherwise be a 5 star review.

In summary, highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid and comfortable seats, 31 Dec. 2014
Royalist (Reading, Berks) - See all my reviews
A bit pricey, but after looking around felt this was a good model for our twins..so bought two. Easy to install( after getting rid of the rear headrests). Good side protection.. A little wide..we can't use the space in the middle of the cmax now!!. Only for coats, toys and half eaten fruit!!
Kids love the cup holders and pockets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Other then the recline my son seems to like his car seat, 2 Jun. 2015
It is as i had read in other reviews. The recline position is a bit rubbish, so if you go on regular long journeys then it probably wouldn't be suitable. My son doesn't tend to full asleep in the car and we go on quite short journeys.
Other then the recline my son seems to like his car seat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 10 Nov. 2014
Unbeatable for the price, easy to fit, easy to convert for older kids, good solid construction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Dec. 2014
my grandson is very comfortable in this seat

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Graco Nautilus Elite Group 1/2/3 Car Seat (Monaco)
Used & New from: £278.46