5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tiny Router
I wanted to use the router as a repeater, so I can only share my experience about this mode. I was getting a very weak or no Wifi signal from my BT Homehub router (upstairs, front of house) in my kitchen extension (downstairs, back of house). I live in an older house with solid walls. Now I have a very good connection with my Nexus 7 tablet in my kitchen, and can stream...
Published 21 months ago by G. W. K. Cheung

2.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT buy this to extend wireless network
I got this TP-Link Range Extender to do exactly that - extend the range of my wireless network at home. But I've been very disappointed with the results.

At home my wireless coverage is patchy at best. Even in rooms above where the wireless hub is located wireless coverage can be drop out whenever it choses - which is very frustrating.
However, this...
Published 10 months ago by A. Sinclair

‹ Previous | 156 57 5877 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars TP Link Nano router, 7 Jan 2013
S. Chatterjee "shan" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TP-Link TL-WR702N Wireless N Nano Router/Range Extender/TV, Gaming, Set-top Adapter with USB Charger (Personal Computers)
Thanks to Amazon for delivering quicker than expected with Free SS Delivery.
The device itself is fantastic. Connected the LAN cable, and it gave me an instant AP, and the signal is strong enough to cross 2 rooms !
Also configured this as a Repeater which too works fine !

The design of this product is also very appealing.

Overall a 5* product, and at a very good price from Amazon !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 7 Jan 2013
Bought this to connect TV to internet as manufacturere product was 50 - works brilliantly and is powered by USB port on TV. Bought another for YouView box. Waht more can I say!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 7 Jan 2013
it was not complicated to set up and helped me a lot! which is also perfect to use on trips. love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and easy to use, 3 Jan 2013
I love this product, its really efficient and really easy to install... I use it as an access point and you just need to put the cables and you are online by typing the password which is written at the bottom side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Networking Gizmo, 3 Jan 2013
This is a great product, extremely flexible and simple to configure, Thoroughly recommended, I bought two and connected up my Sky box to the wireless network with one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well I'm impressed, 2 Jan 2013
Mr. Graham Smith "Bish_Bash_Bosh" (Deepest Darkest Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I was going to set this up as a wifi repeater, as the wireless signal in the daughters 2nd floor bedroom is pretty poor, and she wants to stream video to her new tablet. However as I had a spare 200Mbps powerline homeplug doing nothing in a drawer, I decided to leave the TL-WR702N in access point (AP) mode and hook it up to the ethernet port on the homeplug.
I made sure that the TL-WR702N was using channel 1 (the main wifi router is on channel 11). I then walked around the house with the inSSIDer app on my smartphone checking the signal.
The amazing thing is the little nano access point gives a stronger wifi signal in all but two rooms in the house, and one of those two exceptions is the room where the main wifi router lives. How that is possible when the TL-WR702N is little bigger than a matchbox with no external antennas I do not know, it may be partly to do with the fact the nano AP is sited higher in the building but non the less it is very impressive.
Set up could be a little easier, enabling DHCP by default would probably help with the initial logging in to set it up, but then again it's probably disabled so it doesn't assign duplicate IP's to the main router.
All in all, for 17 it's all win.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite Remarkable Gadget. Fast Internet speeds and easy set up., 2 Jan 2013
E.B. "tech-head" (Grantham, Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I already have a Netgear Wireless router at home that is configured to only allow specific wireless devices to access my network via their MAC addresses.

This Xmas, I had relatives over with their new tablets\ipads etc all wanting to use my wi-fi to access the internet. It would have taken ages to add these devices to my configured network.

Well, I just plugged this TP Link Wireless Router into my network via a Powerline adapter I have, ( TP-Link TL-PA211KIT 200Mbps Mini Powerline Ethernet Adapter - Twin Pack), (which is also superb 5*) and hey presto, I had an instant secured wi-fi network that my family and future guests could use. I supplied them with the Security Key (printed on back of unit) and they were all connected and ready to go in seconds. The signal was even stronger than my incumbent Netgear wireless router and internet speeds were also faster.

Easy to set up, it has many more uses than to just act as a standalone wi-fi access point. Absolute bargain for under 20 quid. Very small and lightweight, just a bit bigger than a small box of matches.

If you want to create a wireless access point quickly and with no fuss and you have limited technical knowledge, then this is the item for you.

Note: This is the second one of these I have and it came supplied with a UK plug adapter. My initial purchase some months ago came with a european plug. Not a problem to me back then though as I had other micro-usb adapters I could use.

5.0 out of 5 stars great Wi-Fi device for travelling, 2 Jan 2013
This device is excellent for travelling when you want to connect several devices to a hotel cable internet connection. i ran my laptop, phone and tablet off this all at the same time and it had quite good range aswell.
it is small and convenient and will work straight away on its default settings for most devices. its a little tricky to do some of the advanced settings but that is more of the fact i struggle with some of the technology.
it is also good value for money, i recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Works with mac, 31 Dec 2012
Brilliant little bit of kit! After struggling to recieve wifi in my bedroom, I ordered one of these and set it up in repeater mode. There was no mac instructions on the guide, but it was fairly straightforward. Just had to turn wifi off, system prefs, network, advanced, TCP/IP, change configure IPv4 address to 'Manually' and then type it all in there (also, type what you would for default gateway on instructions into router)
After that, the quick set up guide was really easy and simple, put it in repeater mode and changed my IP back to using DHCP then bam! Full signal in my bedroom and everywhere else in the house! Didn't even need an ethernet cable or power line adapter as I had thought. Very handy! Cheap, effective and I'd recommend it. Doesn't take up barely any space either so it's just perfect for what I need. Works with BT home hub.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 29 Dec 2012
This thing does it all. Every mode you might need (router, repeater, bridge, etc.). I have other simmilar devices and this is best so far. Excellent value for money too. Comes with a power adapter and everything.

The comments from people who couldn't set it up are from people that don't know anything about networking or aren't able to look stuff up on the internet. You do need some very basic knowledge of wireless networks to know what mode you want, etc. but the thing works great and there are pretty good PDF instructions that come with it. The translation isn't always perfect but you get the idea.

‹ Previous | 156 57 5877 | Next ›