5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tiny Router
I wanted to use the router as a repeater, so I can only share my experience about this mode. I was getting a very weak or no Wifi signal from my BT Homehub router (upstairs, front of house) in my kitchen extension (downstairs, back of house). I live in an older house with solid walls. Now I have a very good connection with my Nexus 7 tablet in my kitchen, and can stream...
Published 21 months ago by G. W. K. Cheung

2.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT buy this to extend wireless network
I got this TP-Link Range Extender to do exactly that - extend the range of my wireless network at home. But I've been very disappointed with the results.

At home my wireless coverage is patchy at best. Even in rooms above where the wireless hub is located wireless coverage can be drop out whenever it choses - which is very frustrating.
However, this...
Published 11 months ago by A. Sinclair

‹ Previous | 155 56 5779 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Help?!, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: TP-Link TL-WR702N Wireless N Nano Router/Range Extender/TV, Gaming, Set-top Adapter with USB Charger (Personal Computers)
Before I buy this item I was wondering if somebody can assist me please.

I am a student living at halls of residence. I am provided with a single ethernet port in the wall. The internet is protected by 802.1x security and requires a username and password (and certificate authentication) to connect to. I have tried buying an ethernet port switch to allow more than one device to connect which did not work - it only allows one to connect, if i plug a second device in then it will not connect.

Judging by the reviews i will be able to plug an ethernet cable from the wall into this and it will produce wifi signal. However, with the hassle i've been through the past 4 months trying to find ways of splitting my internet etc, it sounds too good to be true!

Can somebody please tell me if this will work at my uni?
Thank you in advance!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket for hotels or home networks, 26 Jan 2013
D. Kershaw "Davedoors" (Bradford, Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Even though I have not managed to directly log into this device the basic ap default mode just works a treat. On a recent trip to Prague the device was plugged into the hotel network and allowed me to connect via wifi using the password which is printed on the device, saving trips to reception to gain wifi access. On return home I plugged the device into my home network and it one extends that to additional rooms. In short plug it in and it works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Gadget, 26 Jan 2013
Very small in size, but a does the job that a complete wireless router does. Easy to use, and guarantees fast internet connection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to set up, excellent piece of kit, 15 Jan 2013
Bought one of these as I travel regularly and loved the potential use of plugging into a hotel wired connection and easily being able to connect wirelessly e.g. iPad etc.

If the setting up is anything to go by this should be a godsend, had the wep code set up within a minute, plugged into a cable off my switch and bingo wireless connection in my home office, haven't used it for travel yet but will do so in the next couple of weeks and then the real test. I actually bought another one as will leave my office wirelessly connected and take the new one with me (which again took less than a minute to configure to the same connection/wep code etc. as my home wireless). All in all very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastically flexible, 14 Jan 2013
For such a tiny box this router can do so much. It biggest problem is it has too many possible configurations and the documentation is a bit poor, making it abut confusing to work out which is the best set up and how to achieve it. That Sao for the price it's still great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, effective and good value, 12 Jan 2013
Small and lite and the perfect way to convert a hotel Internet cable into your own private wifi hub. Obviously not required if your hotel has free wifi but spot on for those hotels still playing catch up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, 12 Jan 2013
Aj Finch (Tunbridge Wells) - See all my reviews
As others have written, the instructions are not exactly an epic work, but I found them perfectly adequate to get going.
My PC (and mac, and android phone) connected with no problems.
Since setting up the nano router, I haven't needed to fiddle with it and haven't had any problems.
I am amazed at the value for money. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 12 Jan 2013
this is amazing.

it is light and lots of functions

only problem is it makes some slight noise but i can barely hear it even at night.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price you can't complain, 11 Jan 2013
For the price, this is a fantastic piece of hardware. Had it setup and working in a few minutes without hitch.

I have it powered from a USB hub powered from mains and it works fine, not sure if it will fault when multiple devices are connected but it works for me and my laptop. One plug socket saved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked exactly as advertised, 11 Jan 2013
I needed this as a wireless access point for an existing network; this is the default mode of the device so no setup required at all. I was able to plug it in, add the SSID and password to my mobile device and go. The coverage is fine for what I'm using it for and actually further than I expected - covers most of the ground floor of my house.

‹ Previous | 155 56 5779 | Next ›