4.0 out of 5 stars Atypical Chick Lit.
I am not Nicola May's typical reader. I don't read chick lit all that often. If I'm away on holiday, I don't go to the 'holiday read' section for something entertaining, but go to one of my go to authors, and select one I've either read before, or one that I've started but not had the time to finish.

Lately though, I've been in a reading funk. My mind just...
Published on 11 May 2012 by K. Kaupa

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright
Never read this author before and I wasn't gripped so won't be reading another. I finished it though, so it was neither good not bad.
Published 6 months ago by Cv

4.0 out of 5 stars anti climatic ending, 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: Better Together (Kindle Edition)
liked this book as a bit different, older woman, younger man. timing not right. re-connecting years later. few twists along the way. thought the ending was rubbish and the epilogue was even worse....shame because it spoiled a bit what was quite a good book

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad read, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Better Together (Kindle Edition)
Not a bad read if you are looking for a quick no effort book. Some of the language seemed quite common and out of context though and made it a little difficult to understand, but overall glad I read it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Riddled with spelling mistakes and punctuation errors, 13 Feb 2013
This review is from: Better Together (Kindle Edition)
Finished reading this book and it was just OK. The major issues were the numerous spelling mistakes and the punctuation errors, many of which left it unclear as to who was 'talking' as the speech marks were incorrectly placed. A little bit disappointed with the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better Together, 3 Aug 2012
This review is from: Better Together (Kindle Edition)
An ok book, quite a few typo's in the kindle edition and the main character really annoyed me. But passed a few hours when in the mood for a light read. Wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it though.

3.0 out of 5 stars You can't stop a river from flowing to the sea., 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Better Together (Kindle Edition)
I loved the star-crossed lovers element to this book however I was a bit confused about the use of the expression 'you can't stop a river from flowing to the sea,' in the context of the lover's relationship, if the author then did exactly that by creating convoluted circumstances designed to keep them apart.
I'm not sure if it was just the kindle edition but the story seemed to jump around a lot - there were loads of spelling mistakes and more than a few grammatical errors - some really big- and all these things distracted me from the story.
It's quite a good story, but not a 'must-read'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice quick read, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Better Together (Kindle Edition)
A nice quick read, perfect for holidays or just a long journey. Nothing too complicated but full of nice surprises and some laugh out loud moments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Together, 30 April 2012
This review is from: Better Together (Kindle Edition)
I have read all 3 of Nicola May's books and think they are fantastic. Easy to read, lots of interesting characters and great storylines. Definitely books you can't bear to put down. Can't wait to read the next one !!

2.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointing (POSSIBLE SPOILERS), 22 Aug 2012
C. Rucroft "The little bookworm" (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Better Together (Kindle Edition)
I have never read a self published book before but I was intrigued enough to give this a go. How would a relationship between an older woman and younger man work?

The story follows two characters - Dan and Jess - who meet when Dan is 24 and Jess is 40. They have a whirlwind romance until Dan chooses to leave. Cue 10 years later, when the two are in other relationships but meet again. Can they start where they left off?

The story was severely lacking for me. It just wasn't developed enough and felt quite rushed. It really was a tale of Dan leaving, Jess being distraught, him coming back, leaving again... You get the picture! The second half of the book was much better than the first and I did quite like how Jess found the courage to say no. It did seem a bit like 'too little, too late' for me though. It seemed like she was just getting her own back on him.

A huge issue with this book was the editing. There were numerous spelling mistakes and the misuse of 'you're' when it should have been 'your' actually drove me mad! I'm not sure if it was the formatting on the kindle, but it wasn't always clear who was talking as speech ran into each other and it wasn't set out at all well.

This book left me very disappointed as it could have been so much better. As it stands, I wouldn't rush to recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: Better Together (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed - very good easy read

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Sep 2014