5.0 out of 5 stars A must have product
Published on 11 Dec. 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing for the price
At first appearance it was good but after only a few days it dented really easily, disappointing for the price
Published 13 months ago by James Williams

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have product, 11 Dec. 2009
The SIGG 1.0litre bottle is a excellent product. I have been using a SIGG bottle for a number of months and would be lost without it. I usually fill the bottle at night and leave it in the fridge. In the morning, it is very cold and the water stays cold in it for most of the day. I have noticed no distortion of taste whatsoever. The bottle top is designed so that it can be hung out of a backpack for hiking. For general use, it's a handy way of keeping water on you at all times. I have now used the bottle enough so that it is cost neutral (compared to the price of buying a litre bottle of water every day). The bottle is easily washable, looks stylish and is obviously good for the environment. I would highly recommend it anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than a plastic bottle, 19 Feb. 2011
Wiltshire Bookworm (Chippenham) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I've been getting really cross with the plastic bottle I use for choir as it leaks absolutely everywhere, so I thought I'd see what the metal alternatives are like. My niece and several other choir members have Sigg bottles of various colours and sizes, so this was the brand I went with.

Plus points:

. It's as light as a plastic bottle
. It doesn't leak
. The 1 litre size is plenty for a 2 hour singing session
. It's easy to drink from
. Stylish
. Drinks stay cooler for longer
. It can be washed in the dishwasher
. Anyone who's concerned about plastics residues and health will be reassured that the liner used in these bottles doesn't have those problems
. I'm sure it's very long lasting too, I just haven't had the time to test that part yet!
. It's fully recyclable

Minus points:

. The bottle dents easily - mine arrived with one and I added another when it fell off the table. The bottle hasn't cracked so it's still perfectly usable
. It's not see-through, so it's hard to tell if the right amount has been added for things like fruit squashes that need diluting
. It's hard to get dry after washing out as the neck opening is so small (even when washed/dried in the dishwasher)
. I would have liked something to attach the screw top to the bottle when open - I'm worried I might lose the top very easily
. It's relatively expensive

Overall it's a vast improvement compared to my plastic bottle but the minus points means it falls short of the five star treatment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mmmh!, 10 Dec. 2010
Just received this yesterday, and I have slightly mixed feelings about this product. To be fair it does seem well made but when the bottle arrived it had a small dent in it (not really the fault of Sigg but the vendor) it was not really worth the hassle of sending it back. One thing that did disappoint me was the finish of the bottle - I ordered aluminium finish and I thought it would have been a polished finish, but alas no, it was presented as it would look as it came out of the extruding machine with striation marks all around its flanks and then laquered (not really an attractive finish) It would have looked so much better if it had been polished prior to laquering. One thing that any prospective buyers should consider is the size, I ordered the 1 litre bottle thinking it would be just right, boy was I wrong! I found that 1 litre is much more than I need during the course of the day, I think that 0.6 litre would be fine in most circumstances. But all in all, they are well engineered bits of kit and well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Good, I bought 3!!, 25 Mar. 2011
I bought one two of these as a gamble and I was really pleased that I did, so I ordered another as well! Been told I need to drink more water, so I filter it and then drink it from these as plastic, apparently is now also bad for you! Used to spend so much on Evian Water bottles, then thought against the plastic part!

In a nutshell, these are amazing quality, keep the water cool for some time, the convenient handle on the top makes it easy to carry both the bottles using my fingers whilst I carry other items with my hands (if that makes sense!).

5 Star all the way, they are bottles and meant for carrying water so don't expect any other surprises!

Thinking of buying more when I travel! Only down side, I am always making sure I don't clatter them together or drop them in case I make a dent in the bottle!

Would also suggest you buy the tablets to clean them, I use one every 6 months to give it a good rinse out or after I put something other than water in them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Has hepled me drink more water than I ever have!, 16 May 2013
I never drink enough water, and my colleagues at work all had Sigg water bottles. I though I'd give one a go to see if it helped me drink more water, and it did! I'm drinking between one and 2 litres a day during work hours.
The mouthpiece has a satisfying shape to it, which makes it feel nice to drink from (nicer than a glass). The water seems to taste better coming from the bottle too!
I was worried that the screw-top would annoy me, but it's not a problem at all. Unscrewing it becomes part of the drinking water ritual. I also believe there is an alternative cap available from Sigg.
Overall, I'd recommend this to anyone in my boat - someone who doesn't drink enough water, and are able to make use of a water bottle at work. It could be the most important purchase for my health and well-being I've ever made!

5.0 out of 5 stars light and does the job perfect, 11 Mar. 2014
Mr. H. C. Mistry "chieften2310" (Milton keynes, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sigg Traveller Alu Drinking Bottle (Sports)
Looks great. Used for home made juices. Perfect for frrshness. Very light. Look good andhelps maintain freshness of juices keeps cool when frozen or frigded. Just does what it has to very well

5.0 out of 5 stars a great purchase, 24 Nov. 2011
Bought myself a 1 litre sigg and then bought all my family one for xmas which they loved. I started getting headaches a lot at work - these were caused by dehydration as I was not drinking enough. This is the one thing I have bought from amazon which I use everyday. Its a great lifetime bottle and i'd never go back to plastic bottles again. Went for the 1 litre and this was a good choice as its not too big to carry around and doesnt need to be refilled too often

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bottle, 12 Jan. 2012
This bottle is great, from first use (I rinsed it out with only cold water first) there has been no taste added to water. Keeps drinks brilliantly cool, I haven't tried putting a hot drink in there yet. Really light weight, genuinely no heavier than a plastic bottle of the same size and I feel confident it won't leak into my work bag either. Great to have a bottle like this for every day use and for those weekend adventures in the wild...

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny., 2 Sept. 2012
Having owned the 0.6 litre bottle for a while, I upgraded to the beefier 1.0 litre version, and it's perfect for guys like me, who train in the gym and need plenty of H20. The only downside for me was that the bottle image shows a red cap and mine arrived black. I recommend buying the neoprene cover too, to protect the outer coating and any potential dents you might pick up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good purchase, 16 Nov. 2011
I really like my bottle, it is very light, so the only thing you actualy carry is the weight of the water, and it gives the woter a very nice "smell", like metallic but in a good way!
The only flaw I saw was that when my cat tripped it over the table, it immediatelly made a small dent. I hope it doesn't affect the quality if the water.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›