4.0 out of 5 stars Covers all the basics
I was in the process of building my own site and thought I could do with some tips, or even reassurance. I got both.
Published on 28 Jan. 2013 by parisnewbie

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Disappointing!!
Published 8 months ago by fergal hughes

4.0 out of 5 stars Covers all the basics, 28 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Website Design Guide for Private and Business Users - Concepts and Techniques Demystified For Beginners (Kindle Edition)
It's a useful overview of site design and the pitfalls amateurs may be unaware of. The information is easy to read, even for a newbie. It's tricky for such a book to include all suppliers but Brian at least covers the basics when it comes to hosting, blogging. There's no getting around jargon and that's the strength of this book, it explains it all without making you feel like a dummy. For me that was particularly useful. There were sections where I go a little lost in the midst of HTML and CSS but the book stands up to repeat reading.

I learn better by seeing, especially with technical things so I would have liked a few more illustrations which is why I didn't give it 5 stars. But for a technical person writing for the lay person I thought it was a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars a gem, 17 Jan. 2012
A gem. This book offers a helping hand to the average, non-technical computer user, and hope for a better understanding of how websites work and how to make them work. It's particularly useful for the absolute beginner and anyone thinking of their own website for the first time, but it also explains for us dabblers what we might have been doing wrong. The section on SEO is crucial. Even the more experienced webmaster will find the links to Brian's blogs and other outside resources are well worth the price of the ebook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly recommended, 21 Jan. 2012
M. Clark (France) - See all my reviews
For all newcomers to website design and implementation, this book is an excellent guide through all the confusing jargon. It is also very useful to lazy designers like myself as it answers questions with areas such as Google ranking etc, thereby saving time searching for answers on the web. A very good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Follow & in Plain English, 28 Dec. 2011
I often wondered what makes a good website, and why some are better than others. Brian Stephens has come up with humdinger of a guide, stripping away all the jargon and explaining just what goes on, and how even a layperson with no dreams of becoming a computer expert can have his or her own website, at a surprisingly low price. A bargain of a book - at a giveaway price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childs Play, 11 Jan. 2012
I was really struggling to set up a website for my business, I work independently and didn't want to pay the massive prices charged by web designers. This book helped me to understand how to create and manage a website of my own design with ease. No over complicated language, just easy to understand guides. A great help!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Dec. 2014