5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended
I admit that my approval of this book is based on the fact that it does what it sets out to do. Help beginners and intermediate French learners stretch their reading and understanding abilities. I learnt more reading this series of books than i have from the boring exercise French books. It helps you vusialise how the language works
Published on 5 Mar. 2013 by IBOtite

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice wee read
Published on 4 April 2012 by Clare Crane

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice wee read, 4 April 2012
This review is from: Le Mariage de Marie-Helene (La Vie Celibataire t. 3) (French Edition) (Kindle Edition)
I do like this series, but would like more story as I do at times feel that some plots stop abruptly. Indeed the book itself does. I do understand the author not wanting to overwhelm beginners, but I feel it's a real shame that that the plots were not as fully realised as they could've been not only for the reader's satisfaction, but also to show off her writing talents, which I think are not really shown off sometimes. I hope there will be longer books to come and in the meantime I have downloaded 2 of the La maison hantée trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 5 Mar. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars French Chick Lit, 29 April 2012
an easy to read french chick lit story, which is a great way to get started on reading french novels. Handily it also has a full translation at the back if you are stuck on a few words, but actually very easily understandable and quite funny, amusing little read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs proof reading before publication - inexcusable errors, 11 Sept. 2012
A Mills & Boon type story line, as the title suggests but quite engaging and suitable for A level students as a light read. It was however, for me at least, marred by numerous glaring errors in punctuation, syntax and agreement (e.g. Après le dîner,,; de toute façons; une endroit différent; elle pensais etc.) I cannot see any excuse for not proof reading a document adequately prior to publication, especially one designed for non-native speakers of French. For that reason I am reluctant to give it more than 3 stars.