5.0 out of 5 stars "Prepares you"
Very good book,prepares you for what's ahead,so you then realise that one's not going off their head.Value for money,as extremely thick book.....pumped with good information.
Published on 15 Jun 2012 by Jacquie

2.0 out of 5 stars Too heavy, too medically-biased
I found this book too heavy and cumbersome at around 800 pages plus. I actually found it difficult to hold whilst reading it. The bibliography/
reference pages alone were nearly 100 pages.

Published 8 months ago by minty

5.0 out of 5 stars "Prepares you", 15 Jun 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Too heavy, too medically-biased, 19 Oct 2013
reference pages alone were nearly 100 pages.

It is an intelligent book, but its also rather medical, irrelevant to me as most of I understood much of this already. Though there was not that much on actual menopause symptoms strangely enough. I looked everywhere for something detailed on "headaches" and nothing!

It is written by a doctor, so perhaps no surprise on the medical emphasis but a lot of this e.g. hormone therapy and supplements, seemed more directed to the American market.

The problem for me was that though there were some interesting parts on the life change elements of menopause, this made up a smaller part of the book than the book's title "Wisdom of Menopause" would suggest. For a broader outlook, I would recommend Germaine Greer's "The Change".

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative..., 29 Jun 2013
Christiane Northrup writes so well and covers so many issues for women at the time of menopause - physically, mentally and emotionally. All women should read this book by the age of 40, so they can start taking the supplements they need to support their body as the changes start but also to help them think about what they want to do with the rest of their lives. Positive book with so much useful information. A must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 Jun 2013
Every woman should have this on their shelf. I keep in by my bed and dip in and out regularly, even though medically qualified myself, her common sense approach as well as spirituality is very appealing to me. Bursting with information on all things menopause. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know and more, 14 May 2013
Fantastic book that answers all the questions about the menopause. A must read particularly if you are worried about what is happening to your body. I would highly recommend as it really puts your mind at rest.

3.0 out of 5 stars The wisdom of Menopause, 15 Feb 2013
This book is very informative, but not laid out in as easy a format as The Menopause Book. I bought both, and would refer to both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more than I expected, 15 Jan 2013
epic llama (Colchester, essex) - See all my reviews
I was a bit worried that this would be too 'new-age' for someone with very real menopausal prolems, but Dr Northrup is a great mix of doctor, mystic and writer. I have found it surprisingly helpful, and often return to bits that I need to think through again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative!, 27 April 2014
This review is from: The Wisdom of Menopause (Revised Edition): Creating Physical and Emotional Health During the Change (Kindle Edition)
A well written book with loads of information which I can relate to how I'm feeling or what I have gone through. It's amazing to read how or why something has happened to you - it all makes sense now!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent highly recommended, 16 Nov 2013
Excellent book, just when you think you have read all the books on menopause you learn something else! Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for 40+ women, 27 Oct 2013
Wish I'd read this book at the start of perimenopause.

It's an extremely readable, useful & informative guide.

It's helped me reframe my attitude towards menopause and I feel much happier about it now.