5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit & far better than eyecup style goggles
My wife bought these after I had bought the male equivalent.

Published 20 months ago by Mister G

1.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't fit all faces
Published 7 months ago by Fan Zhang

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit & far better than eyecup style goggles, 8 Nov 2012
Mister G (Bristol) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
My wife bought these after I had bought the male equivalent.

* Reusable hinged case: They come in a reusable plastic box (front is clear and rear is opaque) with holes in the back to drain water & let air in (handy in case you forget to open the box to let them dry out, though I would always store them with the box open until they have dried). My wife and I keep ours in the box to stop the lenses getting scratched. The box is hinged rather than in 2 parts.

* Comparison with diving mask: You can't use these or any similar goggles for diving to any significant depth (not that I imagine you'd want to) as they don't cover the nose so you can't equalise the pressure. You can dive underwater safely though , e.g. swimming along and then diving down.

* Fitting: Some people have complained about this style of goggle not fitting. When learning to scuba dive, I was taught this: to see if a mask (or pair of goggles) fits, place the goggles over your face *without putting the strap over your head* and push with a very, very small amount of pressure. The goggles should stay stuck to your face without falling off (I wore mine for about 2 minutes without them falling off - I then took them off. That's how good the seal is for me). If they fall off, they don't fit.

If they fit using the above method but not when you wear them then it's because you are inadvertently breaking the seal - probably either by trapping hair between the mask and your face or by having the strap too tight. A common misconception is that to get a good seal the strap should be tight - that actually makes it more likely to leak, is far less comfortable to wear and gives you great 'goggle eyes'.

Everyone's face is different so some people will find they don't fit. Someone borrowed my wife's and they didn't fit her because she had pronounced jowls which channelled water in. If they don't fit, simply use the above method to find a pair that does.

* Comparison with eyecup style goggles: This style goggle beats the eyecup style hands down in my opinion. They give far better vision and a wider field of view because you've got more flat plastic in front of your eyes, and you're less prone to 'goggle eyes' (the red mark around your eyes when you remove them). And they are a lot safer if you get accidentally knocked in the face (which happened to me once). If you have eyecup style goggles, I wouldn't hesitate to replace them with this style of goggle - any model and any brand, not just this one.

* Fogging: My former pair of Aqua Sphere goggles used to fog up. These don't. That's no doubt just down to the age of my last pair but it's a pleasant surprise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 30 Aug 2012
A. Begent "begent" (UK) - See all my reviews
These goggles are simply awesome and a tremendous leap on from my old set of swimming goggles. They are incredibly comfortable and unlike my old goggles don't feel like they are pulling out my eyes when I remove them as they are slightly larger. Also I can put them on, swim lengths constantly for 40 mins with no fogging or leakage and so comfortable I don't need to remove until I exit the pool. Cannot recommend highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit & far better than eyecup style goggles, 6 Nov 2012
Mister G (Bristol) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Length:: 1:49 Mins

I bought these to replace a previous pair of Aqua Sphere goggles. I find them great.

* Reusable hinged case: They come in a reusable plastic box (front is clear and rear is opaque) with holes in the back to drain water & let air in (handy in case you forget to open the box to let them dry out, though I would always store them with the box open until they have dried). I keep mine in the box to stop the lenses getting scratched. Unlike my previous Aqua Sphere goggle box, this one is hinged rather than in 2 parts which I find better.

* Yellowing of clear or light silicone: My old Aqua Sphere goggles (with clear silicone) yellowed after less than a year (i.e. the silicone skirt & plastic strap yellowed - essentially everything other than the lenses). I thought that this was very poor and it also made them look old quickly. Therefore I deliberately bought this all-black pair so any yellowing would not show. ***Edit: 16/4/14 - I have since bought a clear silicone pair(the one in as in the video) and it has shown no sign of yellowing - maybe they have improved the silicone.***

* Size: The lenses are smaller than my former Aqua Sphere goggles. The goggles look quite small on the face. They are far smaller than a diving mark.

* Comparison with diving mask: You can't use these or any similar goggles for diving to any significant depth (not that I imagine you'd want to) as they don't cover the nose so you can't equalise the pressure. You can dive underwater safely though, e.g. swimming along and then diving down.

* Fitting: Someone else complained about these goggles not fitting. When learning to scuba dive, I was taught this: to see if a mask (or pair of goggles) fits, place the goggles over your face *without putting the strap over your head* and push with a very, very small amount of pressure. The goggles should stay stuck to your face without falling off (I wore these for about 2 minutes without them falling off - I then took them off. That's how good the seal is for me). If they fall off, they don't fit.

* Fogging: One thing that surprised me is that these don't fog up like my old goggles. That's no doubt just down to the age of my last pair but it's a pleasant surprise.

As the box is hinged and not sealed, you can test them easily for fit and then return them if they don't fit. To see how they arrive when new, see my video review of the kids' version of these goggles here: Aqua Sphere Seal Kids Goggles

(Incidentally, the goggles were six months old when I made the video, and had been used at least once a week).

5.0 out of 5 stars Best goggles I've owned, 29 July 2013
Being a keen swimmer and Triathlete, I've owned lots of different goggles. I discovered Aquasphere a couple of years ago, and these are replacing my lost pair. The fit is is so snug without being uncomfortable, that even using them for bodyboarding in a rough cornish sea they kept all the water out. The tint is just right being a good compromise for both in and outdoor use. They are very easy and quick to adjust and not only that they look pretty cool too. I would say that these are a great bit of kit and worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant googles, 22 Jun 2013
Keith Watson "Keith" (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
They are super. My old ones had started leaking water and getting in my eyes. Bought these and problem solved. They also have extra plastic which is like suction to your faces around eyes so keeps water out very well! Can concentrate on my techniques now!

5.0 out of 5 stars great googles, 29 July 2013
Great viewing angles great for non competitive swimming and for swimming in the sea. Though the paint seems to be coming off so not the best made but thats just cosmetics .

5.0 out of 5 stars I've waited sooooo long for these!, 24 Sep 2012
I used to swim at a reasonable level but never mastered diving with training goggles properly, found the usual speedo/zogs goggles uncomfortable, steamy and hated the deep indentations left when removed. Plus the leakage drove me mad as had to keep stopping to clear. Not with these darlings! They are beautifully clear, adhere above and below the eyes rather than on them with a broad watertight seal, are blissfully comfortable and any marks left disappear very quickly after removal. I love them! So much so have bought two other pairs for other family members.
If you swim a lot, get them. Can't think of a fault. Excellent.

1.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't fit all faces, 12 Dec 2013
Fan Zhang (CPH, Denmark) - See all my reviews
Bought this goggle based on so many positive feedbacks and I had never tried this type of goggle so thought it might be worth a try. But it doesn't fit my face. I think it might be because as an asian I have wider face and this type of goggle requires the face profile matches its shape, so it cannot seal on my face well. Just leave this feedback that people should be careful before buying this type. Better find a local store and try it on first to make sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic product, 13 Jun 2013
Great product for a great price, my problem was always goggles etc steaming up these go on and stay on not an issue. Comfortable vividly clear. excellent adjustment system great value for money. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars They do what they say on the packet, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Aqua Sphere Vista Clear Lens Goggle (Sports)
At first thought they looked bulky but this soon changed once worn, adjustment is so simple and fit very comfortable, you forget you have them on. Excellent product.

Aqua Sphere Vista Clear Lens Goggle - Black/Green