5.0 out of 5 stars A Farewell to (Saggy) Arms
Published on 27 July 2010 by Cassandra

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money
Bought as a present. Comes with a terrible DVD. Not much you can do with this and to add insult to inqury saw them being sold super cheap a few weeks later at a local discounter
Published 19 months ago by Andrew Midgley

5.0 out of 5 stars A Farewell to (Saggy) Arms, 27 July 2010
I was keen to try the Shake Weight after a friend in the States reported a measurable improvement in her upper arms, chest and shoulders after only a few weeks of daily use. What appealed to me the most was that it only took six minutes - and, believe me, once I started using it, I wouldn't want to do it for seven! I'm no gym bunny so I found it quite a vigorous work-out. The DVD is clear and informative and the toned female demonstrator (Lynsey) is a qualified personal trainer. You can tell this from her use of phrases such as "Great Job!" and "Now for an active recovery!". Although the workout only takes six minutes and the exercises are simple, it IS quite important to do them correctly i.e. gripping the weight firmly at all times, keeping the wrist straight and the arms and elbows at the correct height and distance from the body. Fortunately this is clearly demonstrated on the DVD. I've been doing the workout on an average of five days per week for about four weeks now and I have already started to see an improvement. My sagging under-arm area is firming up and I have increased muscle tone in the bicep/tricep area. My posture is also improved and I have also noticed increased strength in my upper body. It's not a miracle cure; it is hard work and you do have to be persistent. One thing though: it's very important to combine this (and indeed any) exercise with healthy eating. There's no getting away from that if you want to see fast results. On the whole, a great value-for-money product, no batteries required,and it does what it says on the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout tool, 24 Nov 2010
The shakeweight is great, the workout is only 6 minutes so takes no time at all, some days I do it twice. I have really seen a difference in my upper arms. I would recommend this to anyone wanting to target this problem area. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 27 April 2010
Ms. K. L. Greene (Sussex) - See all my reviews
I can certainly feel a difference, in my arms, abs and stomach! Would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars shake it, 2 Oct 2010
I found these little weights a most enjoyable way of muscale toning while watching films for their weight is light you certanly know you have used them
they are an allrounder when you use the training DVD that comes with them SHEAKE WEIGHT (a new way to shape & tone ARMS) Similliar to on TV

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great, but it's not a simple fix guys., 15 Jan 2011
The 6 minute workout is in fact 10 minutes long according to my player. I also spent even longer than that completing the routine while I paused for a short break and to remove some layers. This will make you sweat if you're putting your all into the workout, and it's important to listen to the instructor on the video because she explains how to make the workout more intense through arm positioning and speed if you need more intensity for a burn.

This is not something you simply hold. It has no power and works on a spring mechanism that you shake. It can be difficult to control if you don't hold your arms correctly as the weight moves about. That is how the workout is achieved. This is not easy, but it isn't difficult either. If you don't have a lot of stamina, then you may want to take breaks between positions.

Definitely better than a regular dumbbell, although there is not so much weight to it that you can effectively use it like a regular one. The shaking motion is what makes this work.

Also, if you're not familiar with muscle names such as 'abdominal muscles' then you may want to look them up so you are tightening and squeezing the correct ones when prompted.

I hope this review helped.

5.0 out of 5 stars sheake weight, 8 Feb 2011
Annette Cole (London, England) - See all my reviews
Got this yesterday, prompt delivery, very good, you can feel the work out on your arms, you can feel the blood flowing into your arms and upper body. very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaking, 17 Jan 2011
Bought a couple for female relatives and they love them, also they say using the DVD when using the Shake Weight is a bonus helps them to cover all the exercises GREAT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 Aug 2010
Easy to use, quick daily exercise, only had it for a couple of weeks but already feeling benefit.

5.0 out of 5 stars The shake weight, 11 Jan 2011
The shake weight is great. I've only been using it a few weeks and I feel it is going to be great in helping tone my upper body.

Very pleased with this purchase and have recommeded to friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRICE - SHAKE WEIGHT, 13 July 2010
Great product, easy to use and easy DVD to follow. Fast service and great price.