4.0 out of 5 stars Personable advice shared by an "old friend" and local!
Published on 6 Jan 2012 by Skinfull

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite Predictable & Very American Focused
If this book covers somewhere you're already thinking of going to or you have no preconceptions on destination then it's a refreshingly written guidebook.
If however you are already consigned to an area check before buying as even though I am doing a multi trip there's nothing recommended anywhere near my destinations.

It's very US centric too talking...
Published on 1 April 2012 by liztd

1.0 out of 5 stars Must see Ireland, 27 Jun 2012
This review is from: Must See Ireland - Best Places to Visit in Ireland - A Travel Guide (Kindle Edition)
This book was not helpful at all. It's not a travel book, it's someone's journal with no real useful information on where to go, where to stay, or how to get there. I wish there were more Lonely Planet books available on Kindle.

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite Predictable & Very American Focused, 1 April 2012

It's very US centric too talking about how much smaller the cars are, etc which can get a bit annoying after a while.

For me a total waste of money but for inspiration to see the sites then could be a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Personable advice shared by an "old friend" and local!, 6 Jan 2012
I picked up this guide for a quick read while planning a trip and I flew through it. It was a very accessible informed guide and told as if by an old friend. I particularly enjoyed the section about car hire and food. Having been to ireland a few times I was looking for the insider track and though the places he pointed out where on any good tourists radar they were shown here with great love and attention.
My only gripe was that it was so short. And next time, as a local, please take us off the beaten path!