5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality
I ordered a small, I would gauge these as 32" waist, they fit perfect.

When swimming, I have absolutely no issues with these.

As all speedo products, the quality is perfect. Recommended.
Published on 17 Oct. 2010 by Christopher J. Davis

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad sizing
The shorts look fine but I ordered XL and they are more like Medium to Large! So order a larger size.
Published on 25 Feb. 2013 by Jaf

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 17 Oct. 2010
Christopher J. Davis (UK) - See all my reviews
I ordered a small, I would gauge these as 32" waist, they fit perfect.

When swimming, I have absolutely no issues with these.

As all speedo products, the quality is perfect. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased as "Speedo Men's Session 16" Watershort" from Speedo, 13 Feb. 2009
I ended up buying these shorts direct from Speedo's website. They cost £18.00 plus shipping. I was concerned about the sizing, since I don't buy clothes very frequently, and I haven't bought a set of swim trunks for about 10 years. Anyway, I wear Levis 33 inch waist (not pre-washed), and have a 34" inseam. The 16" Watershort fits perfectly. The elastic is just about perfect between max and min, and with the drawstring, the fit is nice and snug at the waist. The length is also just right coming slightly more than 1/2 way between my hip and knee. The lining is a good medium-fine mesh brief, so it hold your dangly bits comfortably, and supports well. The material on the 'Session' doesn't cling when wet, so there's no picking it out of your crack when you emerge from the water. I've been swimming three times a week (in a chlorinated pool) for a few months now, and these shorts have stood up well, with no noticeable fading, and no problems with the stitching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick drying short Speedos shorts, 4 Oct. 2013
Have been wearing Speedo swimming shorts for as long as I can remember. The fact that "Speedos" is actually part of the language for "budgie smugglers" in the same way that Hoover is for vacuuming or Tannoy is for Public Address system proves that they have a decent swimming track record.

These aren't "tight" as others have described. They just fit as the picture. Very quick drying, 2 decent side pockets & a good sized rear with a velcro closure to keep your money safe & chlorine & UV resistant.

Elasticated waist & drawstrings. I'm a size 34" waist & the Large fits perfectly. I expect them to last many years like my other Speedo products - some of which are over 5 years old!

Recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality short, 18 July 2013
Excellent and high short, it dries very quickly and it's comfortable. It is little shorter than it appears in the picture. The only thing you need to think about is to purchase a larger size; my size is medium and I bought two, M and L, the medium is too tight but the Large is fit. My brother wears Small and the medium was fit for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent find. Though buy 1 size larger, 26 Nov. 2013
I normally wear medium but due to others reviews bought a large, and it fits perfectly. So follow the words of others and buy a size larger.
They were good quality exactly what I was looking for, simple plain swim shorts; and when I purchased them an amazing price of £2.99 - though I see they have gone up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value, 19 Oct. 2013
Wasn't sure whether to go for M or L , I'm a 34 inch waist. Read a review to say "go large" so plumped for the L. Good choice. Incredible value, I think the postage was as much as the shorts. Not too long, nice and plain. Just what I wanted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Speedo swimming shorts, 13 May 2010
These shorts are great quality.. I had a similar pair for almost 6 years and would recommend these quick to dry swim shorts.. very comfortable

5.0 out of 5 stars A triumph of style over content, 15 April 2012
M. Harrison "Hamish" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Call me old fashioned, middle-aged or just plain shy, but I prefer a man's swim wear to more closely resemble sports shorts than cling-film.

Neither do I want them to represent a human advertising hoarding. I'd get myself a sandwich board promoting golf sales if that was the case.

And I don't want them, on impact with water, to inflate into a violently-patterned flotation device.

So if you happen to be of similar mind, these Speedo swimming shorts are for you. As other reviewers have noticed, the sizing is on the small side: with a 32" waist I would normally take a small, but medium proved just right for these. The fit is neat, the look functional. Ideal if you want them to double up as shorts for the beach, or for walking around the hotel.

They will never catch the eye. But if what you are seeking to display is style not content, that won't trouble you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shorts, 12 Aug. 2013
Ordered a x-large for a 36 waist which seems to fit well. Basic shorts but good quality so am very happy with them for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the purpose, 21 April 2012
C. O'Brien (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Bought these for my 17 year old son whose previous shorts were past their best. He reports they do a fine job, stay on when he does a push-and-glide off the end of the pool (a major concern!!) and are comfortable to wear. He's a fairly keen swimmer and just needed something plain and simple. Hasn;t worn them in the sea or on the beach yet but for the local pool, they're fine. Medium size fitted a slim build six foot frame.