4.0 out of 5 stars Happy To You makes me happy
For someone who grew up to the sound of Girls Aloud and Busted, Miike Snow is fresh, new, something I haven't heard before and it's magical. Not so much a fan of their debut self-titled effort, I absolutely adore Happy To You.

Published on 28 Aug. 2012 by ktvowles

2.0 out of 5 stars Happy to No one
It was so promising with the absolute choon! of Paddling Out! But that's as far out it gets. What happened Miike!? Where is the rhythm, where is the soul of the first album? Far too abstract and arty farty.
My advise, download the single and just keep with the first Miike Snow album till they get their act together. I trusted you Miike!!!
Published on 30 April 2012 by danshiz

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy To You makes me happy, 28 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Happy to You (Audio CD)

The beginning of `Enter The Joker's Lair' is captivating, the strange effects sucked me in. It's floaty and reminds me of an ice-cream truck or fairground ride, with arpeggios galore it's enchanting. So sickly sweet it's ridiculous but there's a darkness behind Miike Snow that is just waiting to be uncovered. `The Wave' uses distorted vocals, basic piano chords and a steady drum beat - this simplicity works so well and is a trademark of this new album. The falsetto `oooh's create a hook that's impossible to ignore & the charm of the distortion is irresistable. Not the best lyricist in the world, Miike Snow makes up for this in pumping electronica and fun music. `God Help This Divorce' is dark and moody but at the same time it's alluring and the chorus echo `She was a beauty queen, but I held her down' is beautifully sung.

`Bavarian #1 (Say You Will)' is by far my favourite from Happy To You - the chorus melody is addictive and futile to resist. Perfectly constructed and an unmistakable stand-out track from the album - definitely a hit you'd see hundreds jumping to at a gig. `Black Tin Box' features Lykke Li (a swedish singer-songwriter) but this song is weak & her sultry vocals don't do a whole lot for an already average song.

Overall this album may not have the best floorfillers or the most innovative electronica you've ever heard, but it's pretty damn good. Miike Snow has crafted a fantastically ingenuitive collection of hits, proving to be my favourite album of 2012 so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it but not as much as the first, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Happy to You (Audio CD)
Loved the first album and I'm slowly getting used to this one. I like it but not as much as the first album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy to You, 29 Dec. 2013
M. G. Raines (Reading England) - See all my reviews
Some really good feel good tracks on this album and well worth the purchase. It gets played a lot in my car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Happy To You (MP3 Download)
Another great album by Miike snow, always loved them and always will. Great listening from beginning to end. =) =)

5.0 out of 5 stars Eagerly anticipated, 14 Feb. 2013
Felicity Ludgate (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happy to You (Audio CD)
Miike Snow are fantastic and their second album Happy To You has grown on me as much as 2010's Miike Snow did. Handy hint - don't watch the videos for the singles if you are easily disturbed by strange occurrences!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Surprise, 28 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Happy to You (Audio CD)
I had heard Miike Snow a few times on BBC6 Music and didn't really pay much attention until I heard 'The Devils Work' track being played by Radcliffe & Maconie whilst in my car last Summer. I didn't actually buy this album until December, and WOW, had i missed out! The album really is packed with quality (dare I say) pop songs that have a reassuring individual electro sound with subtle bass lines. This album doesn't feature heavy drum beats or uncontrolled guitar sounds - just quality melodies and tunes that'll have you twirling the tunes around in your head all day, and the quality of the recording is superb.

I wouldn't want the appeal of this album to be too accessible and too easy to like for some, but both of my son's (I'm in my mid-forties) now play this album to death. It turns out that the last track 'Paddling Out' features on the xBox FIFA 2013 game, so the boys were actually familiar with Miike Snow before me - "Come on Dad - Keep Up!"

So there you go, just buy it, you'll love it. But do not over play it, my wife has put a 7 day ban on this album - too much risk of over exposure? I'll have to buy their first album now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Nov. 2012
S. Breckman (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Happy to You (Audio CD)
What a great Album, great foot tapping tunes... Miike Snow is indeed a very accomplished musician. I look forward to the next album!

4.0 out of 5 stars Articulate left field disposable pop, 18 May 2012
This review is from: Happy To You (MP3 Download)
The first album of tuneful ditties was a hard act to follow but Miike have just about managed it. Great musicality and production with irreverent and at times plain nonsensical lyrics but boy can these boys pen a hook line and melody. Pay attention, get drawn in and then zone out. Nearly marvellous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great album, 17 May 2012
This review is from: Happy to You (Audio CD)
Another great album, hope there will be many more. Equally as good as the first. Shame case was broken on arrival.

5.0 out of 5 stars Miike Snow signed CD, 11 May 2012
This review is from: Happy to You (Audio CD)
Wonderful CD, arrived on time, was going to give it to someone for a gift but kept it for meeeeee!!! :)

Happy to You
Happy to You by Miike Snow (Audio CD - 2012)