Flavour Name: Doubly Delicious Fish|Size: 4 x 12 x 100 g|Change
Price:£24.94+ Free shipping

on 21 June 2014
RIP OFF ! This cat food used to be sold by Amazon for a average of £12. Now they can be up to almost 3 times this price, just a pure a simple RIP OFF. These sellers are also using good reviews that were left when it was sold by Amazon for a much lower price, which is misleading. Much cheaper to buy from supermarket. I am personally considering stopping dealing through Amazon.
44 comments|14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 April 2014
I like it , but you have put the price up.
So I will not buy again until it is cheaper
on 17 May 2014
I have bought this item several times before and both my cats love it, but to start charging £25 for 48 sachets is a bit much, I shall go to the shops and get it cheaper
on 9 April 2014
The cats eat it (which is a plus) but it's a shame that Amazon can no longer offer it under a discounted subscription. It's all well and good offering a replacement but try telling the cats that - they won't eat it.
on 2 February 2013
Sandie is my adorable ginger tom who has been spoilt rotten so now i have a fussy cat but felix doubly delicious helps me no end, and i feed a lot of other pussies who wont leave my door until they have had a pouch or two brilliant would recommend it to any other cat lovers regards GILL
on 3 December 2013
Thank you Felix! An improved version of the original `As Good As It Looks' range. Improved, because my cat likes all 4 flavours. No dodgy chicken or rabbit, so no more waste. Happy cat, happy owner. Win-win!

Most cats are either Felix or Whiskas cats. It's just a fact. I've had cats all my life, and they all favoured one brand or the other - never both. (Forget supermarket own brands - if you are reading this then you surely have too) My 2 year old Dallas is a Felix cat. But he has preferences. He doesn't like gravy varieties; it has to be jelly. He doesn't like fish flavours, it has to be meat. And he doesn't like original Felix, he only eats `As Good As It Looks'.
Fussy? Hell yeah, he's a cat...but I'm not going to put down something I know he dislikes for the sake of variety!

With the original As Good As It Looks range, he liked the Beef and Lamb flavours, but often turned his nose up at the Chicken and Rabbit ones. I could see why. At least the beef and lamb looked rich and appetising. The chicken and rabbit were insipid and anaemic looking. All 4 varieties of the Doubly Delicious range look good and, far more importantly, taste good to Dallas.
The name is a bit of trick, because it's not as if there are 2 separate servings in a sachet. Each sachet contains what is basically a marriage of 2 different flavours to make a 3rd one; one that is totally acceptable to a fussy feline.

Considering that the 4 varieties in this range all contain poultry, which he doesn't like on its own, I was a bit surprised that he likes them so much. But the meaty flavours are clearly strong enough to mask the chicken-y ones. And let's be real here for a second. It's not as if these sachets contain much in the way of actual meat or chicken. There is 8% in a sachet. But that 8% is ALL `meat or animal derivatives'. You know, the stuff that's hosed off a carcass and rendered after everything else deemed fit for human consumption has been used up. (If you're interested, check out Sarah Hartwell's excellent messybeat.com website; this is the link to her paper on what's actually in commercial cat food [...]

The product description says it looks like `food you might have cooked yourself'. Unsurprisingly I have never cooked a meal for a cat, so I have no idea what it would look like. (Probably not this, but who knows what I would make him for 23 pence? Which is the cost of a sachet) In a review for another Felix range, one owner suggests warming up the sachet on the hob first. Like most people, I'm happy if I manage to bypass the ready meal aisles and cook an evening meal for myself. So the cat will continue to have his at room temp. Unlike some cats who only supplement cat food when they need to, Dallas regularly catches and eats field mice - and the occasional bird. Not because he's hungry. It's just what he does. He's a cat!

So I am very happy to cancel my subscription of As Good As It Looks Meat, and replace it with Doubly Delicious Meat. Along with his Science Plan dry biscuits, I think it provides a balanced diet, and he certainly likes it. I'm now saving up to £5 on a box of 48 sachets, so I am definitely happy. The benefits of ordering by subscription with Amazon are obvious - no more carrying heavy boxes of cat food home from the supermarket, or worrying what to buy if your particular variety is not available locally. And it's cheaper. I've been subscribing for over a year now, and find it invaluable.

They have to eat every day just like us, and we all want the best for our cats. At 23 pence a pouch, this is kind on the pocket and kind to your pet!
on 1 February 2013
My cats still prefer the Felix as good as it look favourites selection in jelly and I order that on a regular basis.
on 30 September 2013
Cats love this food, good price and saves going to the shops by buying on line will be buying again.
on 16 October 2014
I used to buy these when they were around £12 BUT why has the price gone up to £20+ for 48 packets of cat food...I buy mine from the local supermarket now.
My cat wont eat anything else
on 30 January 2014
For some reason the Felix 'As Good as it Looks' is the only food my cats will eat.

Thankfully there are plenty of flavours & the great price & quick delivery are a bonus.