4.0 out of 5 stars Good product
Published on 9 Aug 2012 by McCeeBee

2.0 out of 5 stars Garmin 2515 with 'iffy' Bluetooth
The Nuvi 2515 was my second Garmin. Having had good service from my first device I required some extra features, so selected this model as it appeared to meet all my needs.
Published 23 months ago by WullieD

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Garmin 2515 with 'iffy' Bluetooth, 25 Sep 2012
This review is from: Garmin nuvi 2515LT 5" Sat Nav with UK and Ireland Maps, Lifetime Traffic Alerts and Bluetooth (Electronics)
However, not long after taking possession I discovered that when it was connected to my mobile phone with Bluetooth, it decided that it would call (and actually record!!) totally different numbers to those saved in my phonebook / recent history / recent dialled, received. . . etc. How embarrassing and inconvenient ringing someone whilst driving, only to discover it was a completely obscure number and bore no resemblance to the intended name / number requested!!
Garmin's response attempted to be helpful, but was of little use:
"Thank you for contacting Garmin Europe. I am sorry to hear of your troubles and am happy to help.
Unfortunately the issue you are referring to is something that we are aware of and are working hard towards a resolution for it however we do not have a timeframe for this to be resolved. When this has been fixed, it will be released in a software update. I recommend keeping your software up to date to improve the issue."
After numerous emails to Garmin UK and undertaking a number of software updates I subsequently contacted Garmin again, complaining that this defect is causing considerable inconvenience, only to discover that if a `system factory reset' did not work they had no resolution for the problem! Unfortunately, they were also somewhat unhelpful in advising a suitable alternative model that I may consider, in order to resolve the situation. It now appears from other customer reviews that a number of Garmin SatNavs suffer from irreparable software issues, which is quite frustrating.
Other frustrating features of this model are that it cannot identify some perfectly correct postcodes (why would this be??) and there appears to be no 'route avoidance' facility, which I found quite useful on my previous model.
I can only thank Amazon customer services for their sympathetic and efficient response when accepting my faulty unit back for a full refund and am now on the lookout for a SatNav that actually "does what it says on the tin", so to speak, and NOT suffer from exasperating software problems

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 9 Aug 2012
I purchased this sat nav after having the Garmin Nuvi 250 before. I really liked the facility to view the entire route and simply zoom in on any part of the route so I can decide whether I wish to stick to the route or use local knowledge to bypass traffic hotspots. The Nuvi 2515 has this facility but it is not as quick as the Nuvi 259, I guess due to the more detailed graphics. That said it is a good sat nav, which I use all the time for my work. I am pleased with the traffic information and very much like the facility to have an alternative route (with timings).
Screen is clear and functional. All in all a good sat nav.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 4 July 2012
What an excellent Sat Nav, bought this for my husband after reading the product reviews. He is very impressed with the blootooth phone connection through the Sat Nav, which means he can leave his phone in his pocket whilst driving.. Would thoroughly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nuvi 2515LT is easy to use., 17 April 2012
This product was very easy to setup. The visual instructions and voice instructions are good and clear to follow. If I go off track (i.e.I do not follow the instructions) it automatically works out a new route without making a 'big scene' about it. There does not appear to be a way of adding a PIN to prevent misuse, should the satnav be stolen; my other Garmin satnav has this facility.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sat Nav, 9 Sep 2012
Excellent Sat Nav this is my second Garmin. Only draw back is the lead goes into the back of the device and not into the shoe, so you can not just take it off the shoe leaving everthing else in place. Otherwise I would have gave this five stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not happy with maps, 5 Jan 2013
Maps are not fully updated..In some cases the speed limit on some roads are not according to the road signs.

3.0 out of 5 stars my first satnav, 16 Sep 2012
Well, technically my second. I was offered the loan of one for a touring holiday in Scotland and was surprised how effective it was.

So I decided on the 2515LT with lifetime traffic reports. The only real shortcoming of the model I borrowed.

The 2515 works OK, but on the two trips I've used it on I see no sign of the traffic avoidance system actually working at all. It finds traffic servers OK (or says it does) but on the two trips I've taken since buying it let me drive straight into lengthy delays on established roadworks without offering me the chance to exit at the junction beforehand & get around them.

My loan unit (a 1340) gave a single beep for all alerts. The 2515 gives a treble beep despite the menu indicating a choice between a single tone, or continuous one. Clearly an interpretation of the word 'single' that I have not encountered before.

One of the reasons I held off buying a SatNav for years was people telling me you could only force your choice of route by using the 'via' function....something I tried on my loan unit but could not get to work properly. Possibly me being even more dense than usual.

The 2515 has a 'trip' function which I did get to work correctly, but I discovered the 'basecamp' software free on Garmin's site that lets you create a route and upload it to their units. Runs at a snails pace on my laptop, so I need to try it on my desktop to see how good it actually is.

Would I buy another 2515?...no.

I'd go for the loan model I had (1340 still available for 80) without the traffic avoidance system and use the basecamp software to upload my routes, saving myself 45 and my ears from those irritating treble-beeps.

4.0 out of 5 stars My first Satnav, 23 April 2013
Very accurate and timely voice directions, but will need more use of product to get full benefit of all the options

5.0 out of 5 stars It takes you where you want to Go!!!, 7 April 2013
P. J. Downes - See all my reviews
Had a NavMan previously which developed faults and conflicting instructions, this one is very clear and the split screens at junctions is really good. Easy menu and icons so far so good

4.0 out of 5 stars A good product but needs better instructions, 3 April 2013
The actual Sat Nav is good - clear maps and good directions. The suggestion of which lane to be in in a multi lane highway is particularly useful. The trouble I found with it is that the various menus seem to ne laid out in an haphazard way making it difficult to use the features the sat nav came with

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›